Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
Nickq
Krellyn
6 posters

Discovered that the /lwc glitch may be client-sided.

Krellyn
    Krellyn

Discovered that the /lwc glitch may be client-sided. Empty Discovered that the /lwc glitch may be client-sided.

Post by Krellyn 2011-05-06, 04:38

Earlier today, Yarwood and I were running around in my house, and he told me he was able to access my chests. I typed in /cinfo and tested the chests, and it gave me a message saying, "This Air is not registered."

Jhubbz_, who likes to party in my house ( > _ > ) came over and verified that, yeah, people can access my chests.

From past experiences typing in /cinfo and seeing this glitch, I decided to reboot the game.

When I booted back into Minecraft and logged onto the server, I typed /cinfo onto my chests again, and they were locked.

Two possibilities:

1- /lwc works off the player's client.
    2- /lwc works off of some server-related hokus pokus that depends on the player's client, but not entirely.

It's just weird that, if it's client-sided, other people are affected... but then again, people can be invisible...

Discuss?

EDIT: Did some testing, and discovered that it is caused by using teleportation commands such as /spawn or /home, or even /tp xxxxxx.

Only fix to the glitch is to try /cinfo on a chest, and if it says "This Air is not registered," then close your game, and reopen it. This trick only works if NO ONE is in the general vicinity of where you are at.
    Nickq

Discovered that the /lwc glitch may be client-sided. Empty Re: Discovered that the /lwc glitch may be client-sided.

Post by Nickq 2011-05-25, 23:01

"This trick only works if NO ONE is in the general vicinity of where you are at."
    The lwc command must work on the chunks...When you exit the game,the chuck is unloaded from memory,and when you or another player reenter the area,it's loaded again,this time without the glitch...so it's not client-sided...
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Discovered that the /lwc glitch may be client-sided. Empty Re: Discovered that the /lwc glitch may be client-sided.

Post by FillerB 2011-05-25, 23:02

Dat Necro...
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-26, 00:56

i have also noticed that the same thing happened to a door inside my store, but here is the catch, you cannot cprivate the door again, something odd i noticed on another server:

i was called to check on a grief incident, someone had locked the guys doors but the was no reccord of it, after removing the door and rteplacing it, it was found to be locked again, we repeated this several times all to no effect, i called over another moderator and samew thing happened, we the had to delete every block in the vicinity of the door to fix this lwc glitch.

point of this story: Lwc may bug onto the surrounding blocks and maybe lock a block as opposed to a door or a chest, try deleting the blocks in the vicinity of the chest then try again...
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-26, 01:05

I think we can all agree that LWC is just a mess.
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-26, 01:09

agreed
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-05-26, 02:35

When you gents are done measuring your tiny penises can we lock this topic? It's a massive necro.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-26, 02:54

Thread looks fine to me, but if you want.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-26, 02:58

it may have been a necro but it was more info on a current glitch. a new thread would have been spam when theres already a thread discussing this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 02:18