Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+21
aapl2
Jarvisd
StodgY
GaMerG77
Imir31d
Grintendo
GoDjMike
mike71414
Yarwood
Albuca
Gornemant
Rulyon
PureCraft
Onlyme
Monstaboi
Kn16h7
patrickfreed
4o66
paradox74
FillerB
Orcworm
25 posters

Additional plugins and updates...

StodgY
    StodgY

Additional plugins and updates... - Page 2 Empty Re: Additional plugins and updates...

Post by StodgY 2011-05-11, 02:41

Jarvisd wrote:I am mixed on that plugin stodgy. While reading this I though to myself wtf do you want //drain for... If the donators can't even have /tp without acouple reports about abuse every week, why do you guys think giving them /god to buy would not result in abuse.

Ok. Ur mixed on that plugin. Point is now, why? I don't know what exactly you mean with mixed lol. Maybe it could also be possible to make sure some places don't have this "feature" like zoned places.

~StodgY
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Additional plugins and updates... - Page 2 Empty Re: Additional plugins and updates...

Post by Monstaboi 2011-05-11, 05:58

Yeah, i REALLY want warhub to get updated/added again. Mabye with giants added as a trap?
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-05-11, 07:32

If Warhub is added Jarvisd will /zonemaker me and it wont work >Very Happy Add em Orc.
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-05-11, 10:46

StodgY wrote:I highly suggest this over Growbie (or something we have installed)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It´s a simple plugin that let´s nature, plants mostly but also pumpkins etc spread by themselfs. Not much tree´s anymore? Whole forest taken down? Plant a few tree's and wait. You can edit the amount of min/hours it takes till a tree does the spreading.

Tree's, Pumpkins, Flowers, Mushrooms all do the trick.

~StodgY

And what about mossy cobble? I like how bonemeal actually has a use now.. I don't think we should get rid of Growbie.
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-05-11, 15:29

StodgY wrote:I highly suggest this over Growbie (or something we have installed)

It´s a simple plugin that let´s nature, plants mostly but also pumpkins etc spread by themselfs. Not much tree´s anymore? Whole forest taken down? Plant a few tree's and wait. You can edit the amount of min/hours it takes till a tree does the spreading.

~StodgY
    I like my mossy cobble to much besides growbie requires something out of you instead of unlimited gain for no price. If you are complaining about using the bonemeal, get over it, it is easy to get. In otherwords growbie is far more balanced.
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-05-11, 16:03

If Orc adds the war plugin I'd like to manage it

Any one have any suggestions for the map
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-11, 17:45

Me also Aapl
    StodgY
    StodgY

Post by StodgY 2011-05-11, 22:56

paradox74 wrote:

~StodgY
    I like my mossy cobble to much besides growbie requires something out of you instead of unlimited gain for no price. If you are complaining about using the bonemeal, get over it, it is easy to get. In otherwords growbie is far more balanced.

Uhm complaining.......? I don't get it. I just found it realistic and it's doesn't have to be a replacement. I want ur opinions not a "stop complaining reply" :S, man.

Anyway, growbie is cool yeah point is that it could be more realistic and besides you can select how long it suppose to be when a new tree pops up. It can be 1 time in 12 hours, no problem. It's just cool to have tree's grow by themselfs. Think of it. You take down a whole forest and you plant 2 tree's.

These 2 tree's make a forest in 3 or 4 days. It's also more natural. I mean I found it nice to for example clean things up a bit like when you went offline for the day and you come back on a tree is right infront of your doorstep!

I like the idea of bonemeal. I used it a lot so u don't have to become hostile right away, I'm quite indignant atm :S. So what u think? I mean when there no tree's there won't come any tree's. Quite simple. When it's like hella empty and u put a tree and some flowers it grows. Also I don't think if it's possible, but maybe there's also a feature so you can have the zoned places not in the plugin thing. Nothing grows there.

I think I see it like rain. It's funny and that's it. I highly DOUBT it takes a lot of MB RAM and other specifications to run this...

~StodgY
    Gornemant
    Gornemant
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Gornemant 2011-05-20, 07:29

of few days old topic, but is there an ETA on those plugins?
    Falsebook is on now (although most of its activated functions are donators only, lame), what about the others, like the TNT plugin? Tested, bugged, rejected, not yet tested?
    ^__^
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-20, 07:46

The TNT 'fix' is too laggy to be used on a large-scale, the blocks disappear then slowly reappear, not good.

Stodgy, you do realise you linked to:
    right?
    Gornemant
    Gornemant
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Gornemant 2011-05-20, 08:55

Orcworm wrote:The TNT 'fix' is too laggy to be used on a large-scale, the blocks disappear then slowly reappear, not good.
    Damn, I had hoped that it worked like the creeper nerf mod in use now, oh well. :<
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-05-20, 10:02

I accually would hate that, it would suck if Guests died at the begining, if they did they would probably hate the server...

The only one I like is the Monster Tamer... I'll do some searching for some interesting ones...
    Saolite
    Saolite

Post by Saolite 2011-05-20, 14:17

The abilities plugin -- how is that any different than the plugin that langse suggested? Same concept, only with a percentage chance of activation rather than a ' okay, you get X amounts of time to use it '. I still believe that plugin would be worth at least testing, considering the amount of people who did want to see it and it gives a sense of progression. Progression gives people more incentive to stay and not be bored [ Not implying I am -- just noticed a few of the really active members who have quit lately ]

Someone mentioned it spammed chat? It doesn't. Another server I play on when Orcworm is down uses it. I see it once every....minute, give or take? The percentage is very low to start [0.05% or something] at....semi-helpful stuff. Example. Bow skills gives higher chance to cause Ignite upon impact, which lasts 1 second from levels 1 - 15 or something. It does not spam chat, doesn't introduce some game-breaking mechanic, nor does it cause excess lag of any sort [ That I could tell ].

Link to Plugin : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

----

This next plugin, Filler and I were briefly discussing it in-game. I don't know if this was the plugin that was used previously, but I think more 'interaction' with the environment could go a long way and add a bit of flavor and life to the large world, as well as large fortresses and cities. Yes, I'm talking about an NPC Mod. This is the only one I found that seems to be stable and offers a good way to add more utility, as well as life, to the game.

----

I liked the Monster Tame plugin concept! Although it could be abused, heavily, without some sort of limitation on it. As far as the others are concerned, I'm neutral about, for the most part. While TNT would be a -great- addition, almost any use of it will cause some sort of lag, from what I've seen. Even if environment damage is turned off.
    Hamosh86
    Hamosh86

Post by Hamosh86 2011-05-22, 19:12

With that 'Citizen' mod couldn't someone just use it for griefing and not let anyone know?
    Saolite
    Saolite

Post by Saolite 2011-05-23, 01:52

Not really. The NPC's are named, so if a person uses an NPC to "grief", that name shows up as well. I was looking at the wiki for the plugin as well, and apparently you get a lot of control over the behavior and permissions of the NPCs as you would with various ranks.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-05-23, 06:48

So, are the plugins a go or a no go? I would really love to buy commands and ESPECIALLY ride mobbies.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-23, 06:54

1.6 is coming this week, so might as well wait for that ;p.
    Hamosh86
    Hamosh86

Post by Hamosh86 2011-05-23, 08:12

1.6 is coming!?!??!??!?
    *Passed out*
    Saolite
    Saolite

Post by Saolite 2011-05-23, 14:02

I thought that was an unconfirmed release date? Supposedly the initial time frame was for it to be released mid-to-late June? I may be off, though.
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-05-23, 15:53

No notch said that 1.6 would be released some time next week last Wednesday.

Edit: as of editing this, Notch, on twitter, 10 min ago, said 1.6 release is aimed for Wednesday.

Last edited by paradox74 on 2011-05-23, 17:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update)
    Saolite
    Saolite

Post by Saolite 2011-05-23, 20:47

paradox74 wrote:No notch said that 1.6 would be released some time next week last Wednesday.

Edit: as of editing this, Notch, on twitter, 10 min ago, said 1.6 release is aimed for Wednesday.

Alright, cool, thanks for that update dude.

Is there any confirmed plugins that we're getting or is it still a toss-up?
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-05-23, 21:11

For now let's see when/if the current plugins are updated.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 21:48