Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+3
Gornemant
StodgY
NeroTheDarklord
7 posters

Stricter border settings in the nether

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Stricter border settings in the nether Empty Stricter border settings in the nether

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-05-12, 00:35

if you look at the server map, you will notice that the map already started losing its perfect shape. People somehow manage to build nether gates past the border in the nether, allowing them to land outside the overworld border when passing through.

I would hate to see the nether getting removed again because of this so i simply request that the caused oddities should be rolled back (if possible) and the border inside the nether should be more strictly controled via commands and settings. We may even want to shrink the total size of the nether to make absolutely sure no one can get outside the overworld border
    StodgY
    StodgY

Stricter border settings in the nether Empty Re: Stricter border settings in the nether

Post by StodgY 2011-05-12, 21:18

NeroTheDarklord wrote:if you look at the server map, you will notice that the map already started losing its perfect shape. People somehow manage to build nether gates past the border in the nether, allowing them to land outside the overworld border when passing through.

I would hate to see the nether getting removed again because of this so i simply request that the caused oddities should be rolled back (if possible) and the border inside the nether should be more strictly controled via commands and settings. We may even want to shrink the total size of the nether to make absolutely sure no one can get outside the overworld border

What do you mean with border? The nether is as a world the same as non-nether right? Also I doubt people will agree with making the nether smaller Smile. I wouldn't care a lot but some might.

I barely go to the nether :]!

~StodgY
    Gornemant
    Gornemant
    Donator
    Donator

Stricter border settings in the nether Empty Re: Stricter border settings in the nether

Post by Gornemant 2011-05-12, 21:53

The problem is not the world itself, the problem are the nether portals that will pop out on the original map outside of the border, generating new chunks and making the map bigger than it already is.
    In short: original map bigger = more load on the server = BAD

The point is to limit the size of the nether map,just like the original but smaller, so that no portals can be generated outside the map.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-12, 22:40

It sounds good on paper but it doesn't work quite like that, the nether is limited to 1000 blocks but the plugin was never developed with specific borders for each world in mind. Maybe if the same developer made BorderGuard and Nethrar it would be better...
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-05-12, 22:47

Guess it's time to break out the bedrock and make it to the correct size
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-05-12, 22:49

That isn't actually that bad of an idea...
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-05-12, 22:56

Editing bedrock huh?
    That brings me to an idea. Lets limit the nether by boxing it up with bedrock so no one can for sure go and build portals outside the overworld limits
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-05-12, 23:34

NeroTheDarklord wrote:Editing bedrock huh?
    That brings me to an idea. Lets limit the nether by boxing it up with bedrock so no one can for sure go and build portals outside the overworld limits

Just said that...lol?
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-12, 23:57

i see, problem... i have a town in the nether built a gate and have nbo idea exactly wqhere i am, so if nether gets shortened, what is the possibilty that i lose my nether city??
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-05-12, 23:59

Copy pasta tastes good
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-05-13, 06:59

aapl2 wrote:Copy pasta tastes good

Oh sry i thought you were saying something like breaking the bedrock and removing the land too close to the border entirely or something like that

Imir31d wrote:i see, problem... i have a town in the nether built a gate and have nbo idea exactly wqhere i am, so if nether gets shortened, what is the possibilty that i lose my nether city??

I highly doupt your city is outside the range. You can only access the areas outside the overworld border if you already walked too far in the nether. And if you built a gate in the overworld and landed in the nether, then started building your city somewhere around there, it is pretty sure your inside the border.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 17:07