Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

2 posters

New forum update - Suggestion

Poll

Do you want this update?

[ 12 ]
    New forum update - Suggestion Bar_left55%New forum update - Suggestion Bar_right [55%] 
    [ 8 ]
    New forum update - Suggestion Bar_left36%New forum update - Suggestion Bar_right [36%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New forum update - Suggestion Bar_left9%New forum update - Suggestion Bar_right [9%] 

Total Votes: 22
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

New forum update - Suggestion Empty New forum update - Suggestion

Post by Invision 2011-01-08, 10:32

Hello!

As you can read in the topic title, we have a new forum suggestion for you.

Orcworm (Also known as Andrew) has worked on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (a payed domain). With a payed domain, the administration panel will be extended alot, and the features will be much better and much more advanced.
    Instead of using this domain "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which is a free forum with a tiny administration panel, we can add a new forum with more features to the new website ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that will be named "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or something like that.

Here is an example of what we can do in a payed forum, but not in a free forum:

Imaging yourself writing a reply to either your own topic, or someone else's, and when you hit the "Send" button at the bottom, you will see a new page loading. This page has a text in the top-left corner saying "Your reply is now sent - Click here to go directly back to the site, or wait 5 seconds" (something like that). This page can be a very annoying poppup which I doubt you like.
    But in a payed forum, you can add a script in the administration panel that makes this poppup dissapear. So when you post anything, you wont have to get interrupted by this annoying page.

Another easy and useful thing is that instead of clicking "reply" button, there will always be a reply box under the last reply, where you can simply just type in anything without having to hit any buttons. Then you just click "send" which is below.

But the bad things with this update that we will find annoying is that all of our topics will be removed. Everyone will have to re-register, and we (the admins) will have to set up the Categories/Forum all over again (which isn't really a problem for us, but might take some time).

To see what you prefer, I will set up a Vote above this topic asking you if you want this update, or not.

When we can see a clear winner, we will get to work (if yes).

This topic is not permitted to post on for members, therefore if you have anything you want to reply, send me a PM here, and I will look at it asap.

Thanks, - Invision
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

New forum update - Suggestion Empty Re: New forum update - Suggestion

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-02-07, 01:20

I just don't want you guys to have to pay more on the monthy fee. But I said yes

WOOOOOT 1st post!

Last edited by Baldymoint7 on 2011-02-07, 01:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to brag for no reason)

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 23:22