Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+7
Pete
Xltimus
Orcworm
T800System
Onlyme
Jarvisd
pope2142
11 posters

2 non-enforced rules

Poll

should "group rading" and/or "admin tp killing" be allowed?

[ 3 ]
    2 non-enforced rules Bar_left9%2 non-enforced rules Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 3 ]
    2 non-enforced rules Bar_left9%2 non-enforced rules Bar_right [9%] 
    [ 15 ]
    2 non-enforced rules Bar_left44%2 non-enforced rules Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 13 ]
    2 non-enforced rules Bar_left38%2 non-enforced rules Bar_right [38%] 

Total Votes: 34
    Poll closed
    pope2142
    pope2142

2 non-enforced rules Empty 2 non-enforced rules

Post by pope2142 2011-01-09, 15:30

where this subject came up -->
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

2 non-enforced rules Empty Re: 2 non-enforced rules

Post by Jarvisd 2011-01-09, 16:53

Not admins tping, atm it is donators ^_^
    Onlyme
    Onlyme

Post by Onlyme 2011-01-09, 18:44

I think group PvP should be allowed. Friends PvPing together has it's pros and cons, as with anything in Minecraft. If anyone gets caught in their way.. well, tough luck for them. It's the world they live in. Usual PvP rules regarding locations would still apply.

Also, people will find ways to complain about anything. If it's not PvP, it's about mobs... or falling... or not being able to teleport friends around... and so on and so forth.
    T800System
    Banned
    Banned

2 non-enforced rules Empty ...

Post by T800System 2011-01-09, 21:58

why the hell would anyone vote against group PVP? stop trying to make everything so fucking user friendly I say. This is a game about exploration, monsters, building and PVP. It needs to be dangerous to log in - otherwise it takes the sizzle out of the game, it makes it boring; and who wants to play a boring game?

jagex made the same mistake with removing the wilderness from runescape - and now that theyre starting to realise what a stupid move that was, they're reintroducing it.

let's not make the same mistake twice. There should be very few rules on this server regarding PVP.

also, why have you given us the option to vote for admins tping to people and killing them alongside group pvp? How are the two even comparable? Group pvp is permitted by the nature of the game - admins tping to you is not; that's called power abuse. It shouldn't even be an option. I'm sure that any responsible admin would understand that to make such a thing permissible would be a betrayal of their duties.
    pope2142
    pope2142

Post by pope2142 2011-01-09, 22:22

T800 whereas i agree with you completely, it's still not your or my server, we shall let the forum/server decide.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-09, 22:50

I believe I've just about covered this now with a few more guidelines at the spawn. "Admins tp killing" shouldn't need to be written on a sign, anyone who's at a rank that's able to /tp should know how to use it correctly...
    pope2142
    pope2142

Post by pope2142 2011-01-09, 22:59

then no-offense orc, but you need to tell donors that too
    Xltimus
    Xltimus

Post by Xltimus 2011-01-10, 00:57

We cant exactly stop two or more people to want to pvp together, though we can discourage such, and its generally looked down by various home owners. It would seem that more people are willing to pk together rather then huddle together to build AND DEFEND.

and the only reason why we dont have clans/guild is due to the lack of plugin support to regulate the number, flow, and action of such.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-10, 01:09

Xltimus wrote:build AND DEFEND.

And with plugins like Fortification, it's really easy to make great traps, take lovelyBoy123's house for example...
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-01-10, 02:22

Ganging on people shouldn't be allowed. That's what I say anyways. The Admin tp, I haven't seen people using that yet, but I think if they DO use it, it must be for a reason...
    filmjolk
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by filmjolk 2011-01-10, 03:27

well admins dont need to tp kill... we can just kill without tping and empty ppls inventories... i dont see what this fuzz is all about. let pvpers do what they want, well except killing ppl in their own homes
    PINGASFIST
    PINGASFIST
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by PINGASFIST 2011-01-10, 05:56

While admin tp kills sound awesome (Imagine three diamond-armoured adminds tping to a griefer and wrecking him XD) that probably isn't fair. I think group killng and ganking certainly is fair though. Get some allies if someone group kills you, or just try to escape. I mean if we are enabling PVP we can hardly sanction every time two people attack one.
    pope2142
    pope2142

Post by pope2142 2011-01-17, 06:51

It's a tie Razz
    SnowBalls
    SnowBalls
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SnowBalls 2011-01-18, 10:42

One more thing, if you kill an admin and they happen to have a full inventory of stuff... and you take all of it, or store it somewhere. Don't expect the Admin to do fuck all about it. He/She will teleport to you, most likely /clean your inventory since some banned items may be in the inventory (When using banned items, please put God on... COUGH, ARBR!) If you store it in a chest, it will most likely be taken off you also. But yes, we shouldn't be teleporting to you and killing you - I don't recall any incidents like so, however i do believe donators are being told about this.

Edit: Pope2142, you actually don't have the authority to make something like this happen. Razz You can only suggest it. Even if the public vote wins one option. Multiple killing/Grouping will not be accepted as far as I'm aware and wont be any time soon.
    pope2142
    pope2142

2 non-enforced rules Empty Re: server down? crashed?

Post by pope2142 2011-01-18, 10:50

2 things,

1: i never stated it would be
    and 2: this isn't even a legit rule anyway, if you haven't noticed the title
    SnowBalls
    SnowBalls
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SnowBalls 2011-01-20, 09:15

pope2142 wrote:2 things,

1: i never stated it would be
    and 2: this isn't even a legit rule anyway, if you haven't noticed the title

Two Answers.

1. By creating a poll in a forum, your intention was to obviously apply change in the community by people voting for something. Otherwise - what the fuck is the point in voting.

2. These 'unclear' rules or non-enforced rules has caused confusion from some cases. This should help you...

Anyone with the ability to teleport cannot teleport to a player or away from a player. This includes commands such as /spawn or /home - the reason for this is because teleporting into or out of PvP combat instantly can be exploited into avoiding to be killed and just to kill other members. This shouldn't be done at all because the PvP is supposed to be fair. You cannot by all means kill someone then instantly teleport away from where you just killed him as he is obviously wanting revenge and to try and get some of his equipment back.

Players are not allowed to 'gank' in groups. This includes a group of 2. If someone joins you on the way, simply tell them to "gtfo" because your business with another player, is nothing to do with them. It also stops people from getting raped in the arse - I'm no-one would like 4 players or so to just raid their home. Currently - raiding dungeons is the only things you guys can do. (: Also whilst I'm on about raiding, I'll be setting up some 'entertainment' during my project soon, so you'll be able to 'raid' there (No, not peoples homes).

Last edited by SnowBalls on 2011-01-21, 03:39; edited 1 time in total
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-01-20, 09:55

OK.

Guys, community doesn't decide rules. No matter how much you want it, no matter how much money you have to bribe, no matter how many CIA agents are next to you ready to throw bombs at us. Rules are decided by our overlord, Orcworm. If you don't like it, there are hundreds of other servers you can choose from.

As much as I hate to say it, I must agree with the guy that uses a lot of colors, rules are there for a reason, that is to make the game better for everyone. Lets have a poll on who should have cuboid commands, options "Admins only" and "Everyone". I can bet "Everyone" would win, and I assure you, it would NOT be a better server. The same applies here, of course the 15 people of the "Walrus Clan" would vote for gang-baning lone players, and even if more than half the people in the server are from said clan, the game needs to be fun for everyone; and I can tell you, being gang-banged in Minecraft isn't nice. (It's different in RL, but this isn't RL.)

Soooooooo, since this will become a flame war soon, and since the poll and the discussion are both useless... Yeah, you know...
    -Locked-
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-20, 10:01

-Locked-
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-21, 08:03

I don't really play the game, so my decision on what goes and doesn't go isn't always the best one, I think it's better that the people who actually play on my server decide. Of course things like "/cuboid for everyone?" would be dumb, there'd never be a change that would arise from something like that.

Post by Guest 2011-01-21, 08:05

Orcworm wrote:I don't really play the game, so my decision on what goes and doesn't go isn't always the best one, I think it's better that the people who actually play on my server decide. Of course things like "/cuboid for everyone?" would be dumb, there'd never be a change that would arise from something like that.

thanks for re-opening it, also snowball im watching u X[] and yeh banned items are banned for a reason- a using god to not die from them is good so snowball dont get mad at me.

edit: oops missread snowballs post.

Last edited by Arbr on 2011-01-21, 08:11; edited 1 time in total
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-21, 08:07

Balls is just misunderstood, what with being a furry and all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 20:40