Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+5
Mati
Baldymoint7
Grintendo
Yarwood
NeroTheDarklord
9 posters

Money Sink: Selling ungainable items to players

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Money Sink: Selling ungainable items to players Empty Money Sink: Selling ungainable items to players

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-09, 07:40

Theres a lot of money going about now. I dont know how many and what money sinks we have by now, but my suggestion would be that items that are naturaly ungainable should be sold to all players for a reasonably high price.
    I mean even the placement of bedrock and mob spawners is legal now. And im pretty sure that there are a couple of people around who would pay well to get fire blocks for crafting chainmails, of even pay additional money to get a full chainmail set. And what about all those who want to make windows out of portal blocks? I think it would only add even more possibilites and awesomeness to gain access to additional blocks, in return of stabilyzing the economy
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Money Sink: Selling ungainable items to players Empty Re: Money Sink: Selling ungainable items to players

Post by Yarwood 2011-06-09, 08:08

Uhh... Bedrock and mob spawners can be placed now?
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Money Sink: Selling ungainable items to players Empty Re: Money Sink: Selling ungainable items to players

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-09, 08:09

Bedrock can't be placed, it's only accessible and actionable due to the updated /lb permissions for member+
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-06-09, 10:20

Suggestion: Get a guest to build bedrock for you...?
    Mati
    Mati

Post by Mati 2011-06-09, 10:30

I agree. Those unobtainable items could be officially sold by Orcworm (ideally by using shops), like with slimeballs, just also for Mob Spawners, Web, Portals, "pure" Lava and Chainmail/Fire - I think that's all.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-09, 10:45

Baldymoint7 wrote:Suggestion: Get a guest to build bedrock for you...?

One step ahead of you, Worldguard blocks it if Logblock won't.

I'll take a look tomorrow, trying to correct my sleep pattern from tonight.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-10, 02:34

Heres a list of all ungainable materials and blocks known to me:

still lava,
    coal ore,
    leave blocks (i know you can use a rune to artificaly make some appear, but that way their are quite inconvenient to handle sometime)
    bedrock (maybe not such a smart idea to sell that, since once its placed, requires admins to remove),
    sponge,
    lapis lazuli ore,
    cobweb,
    tall grass,
    dead saplings,
    fire blocks,
    monster spawner,
    diamond ore,
    farmland,
    active furnace,
    redstone ore,
    portal blocks (they might be indestructible, but vanish when something is placed next to them, so their save to sell),
    slimeballs.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-06-10, 02:37

I heard we have a plugin active that makes spiders drop cobweb? Any confirm this? And Bedrocks already accessible, not for laying down though ofc.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-10, 02:38

Alright, I was thinking a flat fee for every 'banned' item, 1k each? More?

And yeah, we do have a custom drops plugin, but taking money out of the economy would be better IMO.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-06-10, 02:41

Well, you will need loads emone if you want to buy sponge bra...
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-10, 02:42

Please stop linking that video in every possible conversation...
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-06-10, 06:25

Okay, I will do, sorry.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-06-10, 08:12

1k sounds like a good price!
    -A
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-10, 09:21

Orcworm wrote:Alright, I was thinking a flat fee for every 'banned' item, 1k each? More?

And yeah, we do have a custom drops plugin, but taking money out of the economy would be better IMO.

Well i dont think all ungainable blocks should be sold for 1000 gil.
    Think of how much it would break your neck to just craft a single chainmail set if you want to get all the fireblocks.
    And then it would of course make no sense to buy fireblocks if you can buy each chainmail part for 1000 gil each.
    I think the prices should vary on the effects of the blocks:

Ores would most likely only be used for decoration,

Still lava is dangerous to handle but would be awsesome for mob traps,

sponges are very useful for construction and you dont need a lot of them to keep a large area dry,

cobwebs, tall grass and dead saplings have almost no purpose other than some minor decorative effect,

mob spawners should definetly be expensive simply to prevent pig spam everywhere and its likely they will be used to make large pork factories,

Portal blocks may be used for making tiny entrances to the nether or may be hidden in a house to give it a creepy atmosphere.
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-06-10, 09:32

if we do make spawners place-able/gain-able could we use a mod/plug-in to change what they spawn for another 1k or something?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 19:44