Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
MrBrownBuns
RonoidBonk
6 posters

FELLOW PLAYERS: Please consider doing this?

FELLOW PLAYERS: Please consider doing this? Empty FELLOW PLAYERS: Please consider doing this?

Post by Guest 2011-01-16, 18:23

Ariight. Im sweating my balls off thinking about playing on our map. You guys, we could be waiting a-loong time for the release of Bukkit. I think its time we consider downgrading our versions of Minecraft to the version before the update. We could all just play without the update until Bukkit is released, then we could upgrade to the current version of Minecraft. Of course, the process of downgrading may be confusing for some people, so a video tutorial could be posted on this forum somewhere so that everybody could do it. Please, think about this. I have been bored every single second of life since Hey0 became outdated.

Also, Hey0's mod has been abandoned, and Bukkit isnt even ready for a preview release yet. If you need proof go to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    RonoidBonk

FELLOW PLAYERS: Please consider doing this? Empty Re: FELLOW PLAYERS: Please consider doing this?

Post by RonoidBonk 2011-01-16, 18:34

Yeah Dude i'd do anything to play right now. I was just getting into the game.Its worth the time no doubt.
    MrBrownBuns
    MrBrownBuns

FELLOW PLAYERS: Please consider doing this? Empty Re: FELLOW PLAYERS: Please consider doing this?

Post by MrBrownBuns 2011-01-16, 18:37

Yeah, I totally agree. I have been soo bored lately without the server! I'de much rather have the Plug-ins then to have the update.
    Its definetly worth the time to be able to play again.
    Skynet
    Skynet

Post by Skynet 2011-01-16, 20:39

Hooray! I get to contribute for once!
    The buxville server does this kind of thing all the time because they have so many addons that dont really regularly get updated so this is what they ask their users to do:
    Joyma wrote:
    As we can only update Buxville the orcworm server to new versions of MC when all/most of our Mods can be updated, we tend to have phases now and then where we are running an older version of MC. As Notch obfuscates all his coding, this can take days, depending on the update and the availability of devs to port the Mods.

Download

The MC client that currently works on Buxville the orcworm server is the same client you have been using until the latest MC update, you can download it once again here, or use your own archived version.

Download link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Install

On Windows:

1) Hit the Start button.

2) Write %AppData%\.minecraft\bin in the white search box, this takes you to the MC folder.
    (you may have to open a search window to accomplish this on XP)

3) There you will see a file named minecraft.jar and a file named "version".

4) Overwrite the minecraft.jar there with the version you downloaded from Buxville.

Done! You can now run Minecraft as normal, do not double-click the .jar there, that is not the way to start MC, just use the shortcut you had on your desktop or so.

To let your client auto-update again, when Buxville the orcworm server has upgraded, or for whatever reason, simply delete the "version" file I showed you above, and then start MC. .
    (actual post, in its entireity: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )
    Onlyme
    Onlyme

Post by Onlyme 2011-01-16, 22:42

To be honest, I don't think we should downgrade. Not yet. Let's wait a little longer (couple days) before we even THINK of downgrading. Those that left will be back when the mods update. I can guarantee it.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-16, 22:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I suggest y'all play DCUO until Bukkit is out, great game.
    Onlyme
    Onlyme

Post by Onlyme 2011-01-16, 23:19

Orcworm wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I suggest y'all play DCUO until Bukkit is out, great game.

I'm getting my WoW on, thank you very much. =P
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-16, 23:20

Burnt out at around 81.5 I think. Needed a break after playing since '05 anyway Razz.
    Onlyme
    Onlyme

Post by Onlyme 2011-01-16, 23:37

Orcworm wrote:Burnt out at around 81.5 I think. Needed a break after playing since '05 anyway Razz.

Level 81, eh? You went through the underwater place, didn't you. Vash'ir?

That's probably why. If you went Hyjal, then I don't think you were on some of the good stuff, if you know what I mean.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-16, 23:39

Yeah, I played the awful Goblin starting area, then the awful Worgen starting area, then the awful Vash'ir zone.
    Onlyme
    Onlyme

Post by Onlyme 2011-01-16, 23:42

Orcworm wrote:Yeah, I played the awful Goblin starting area, then the awful Worgen starting area, then the awful Vash'ir zone.

In about 4 hours of questing in Hyjal, I hit 82. The story was/is epic, and I could NOT get enough of it.

I think we should go to the other WoW topic. Probably polluting this one pretty good.
    Enkelt
    Enkelt

Post by Enkelt 2011-01-17, 03:21

i have a question for u Orcworm Smile

when the Bukkit will be ready to update, how do i come back to newest updated minecraft ?

now i downgraded it so i can play on the server Smile
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-17, 04:08

"To let your client auto-update again, when Orcworm's server has upgraded, or for whatever reason, simply delete the "version" file I showed you above, and then start MC."
    Enkelt
    Enkelt

Post by Enkelt 2011-01-17, 04:11

oh ty bro'
    Skynet
    Skynet

Post by Skynet 2011-01-17, 05:14

awesome! featured article! hehe glad to be of help orcworm! afro

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-12, 21:13