Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
Giygas
NeroTheDarklord
6 posters

Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project!

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project! Empty Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project!

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-14, 07:18

It finally has been approved that Acheron will be the next city to have a railway connection from Orcshire.
    The admins already started constructing towards the north so we need to think of how to design our railway station to fit to Acheron's magic and forest theme.
    The Railway Station will be located at the southern mainstreet.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project! Empty Re: Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project!

Post by Giygas 2011-06-14, 21:32

North eh? So the Railway will connect to the south main street of Acheron. Good thing I kept the end empty there.

We might need to expand the zone a bit for it though because the railway station might not fully fit in the zone.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project! Empty Re: Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project!

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-17, 10:47

Ive just been pmed by Jarvisd that from his side, the construction is almost completed.
    Hes only waiting for us to make up our minds if we want to expand the city on ground level or not, which would have influence to the location of the railway station.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-06-17, 14:56

Choo Choo! Next stop, Acheron!
    Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project! Hstani
    (Yes another one ^^)
    Announcement: Acheron is next for the railway project! 4719849499_a36310d697
    xbot668

Post by xbot668 2011-06-17, 15:30

Maybe expand? You guys don't have to do all the leg work you know. If you can lay out a plan that everyone can follow I'm sure that there are ppl who would help both for free, and for a little bit of gil.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-17, 21:25

xbot668 wrote:Maybe expand? You guys don't have to do all the leg work you know. If you can lay out a plan that everyone can follow I'm sure that there are ppl who would help both for free, and for a little bit of gil.

You know, that is exactly what im planning. I just need to discuss with Giygas how far we should expand, figgure out how we will designt he next ring/rings and transfer the money.
    Now that im a Donator aswell, i could spend my zone in Acheron aswell to expand it.
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Post by thebadhatter 2011-06-17, 22:18

Hell, you could expand outside of your zone(s) and sell the unzoned plots as cheap ghetto houses for poor players. Socio-economic division ftw!
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-06-18, 01:45

I dont think people want to live in the city of magic if they get a shitty unzoned lot in the crapier part of town so yes it would need to be zoned, if you are going to expand, I would be happy to help out. Awesomez

Also Nero, I am interested in that free position on the council of Acheron, I think I am ready to take on the responsability. I would help out around the city, deal with its affairs, aid players who are having trouble and....yea so I hope you and the others will consider it, thanks! -Ryo

Long live the City of Magic! cheers

NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-06-18, 03:15

thebadhatter wrote:Hell, you could expand outside of your zone(s) and sell the unzoned plots as cheap ghetto houses for poor players. Socio-economic division ftw!

Im not going to make Acheorn uglier by selling cheap and crappy plots outside the zone, which people build in anyway. Have you ever looked around outside the city? People pop up their dirt houses everywhere!

Ryoman wrote:I dont think people want to live in the city of magic if they get a shitty unzoned lot in the crapier part of town so yes it would need to be zoned, if you are going to expand, I would be happy to help out. Awesomez

Also Nero, I am interested in that free position on the council of Acheron, I think I am ready to take on the responsability. I would help out around the city, deal with its affairs, aid players who are having trouble and....yea so I hope you and the others will consider it, thanks! -Ryo

Long live the City of Magic! cheers

Well you would need to apply not only to me but to Giygas and FillerB aswell.
    First we need approval from FillerB, then Giygas and me will think about it.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-06-18, 03:56

Ryoman wrote:

Hm, never really been looking for a 3rd council member yet. Kumatora Village and Acheron both were actually managed by me and Nero only. Rendarg didn't really work on both. And since Nero and me are RL brothers we can speak directly to eachother which helps finding a solution for something related to Acheron's management quicker. I don't really feel like looking for a 3rd council member, even though every Major city has 3 of them. I wasn't told to look for a new 3rd one either.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-06-18, 05:47

Its your choice, if a 3rd member i'snt nessesary atm or things are well managed the way they are then its fine. I just asked if you would consider it.
    I don't want to seem desperate for a council position, I'm just saying if ever I'm needed, im here.

If it means anything, I also have some experience managing a Minor City. Notice the: Proud founder of New Vegas!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 14:19