Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+8
Orcworm
blockybalboa
nihluz
Ryoman
JoeTheSheep
RFairney
killerd0nkey
Giygas
12 posters

New Acheron Project

Giygas
    Giygas

New Acheron Project Empty New Acheron Project

Post by Giygas 2011-11-09, 03:55

The day is coming closer, farewell Acheron, it was a great time....
    NO!

I won't let Acheron die like that, I am still the Mayor of this fine city! So I am planning on remaking Acheron from nothing! But I won't be able to handle this alone. I need people to help me, I need donations in whatever it could be, starting from cobblestone and ending at diamonds and gil, everything is welcome! I need people to help me flatten areas, plant trees, make smoothstone slabs and collect Glowstone.

Together, we can revive Acheron and make it better than ever before!

Every person that REALLY helps me at this, they gain 1 or even 2 free plots!

May the Great City of Magic rise again!

I am aware of the fact that there will be no more major cities, Acheron will become an independent city at map reset.
    killerd0nkey
    killerd0nkey

New Acheron Project Empty Re: New Acheron Project

Post by killerd0nkey 2011-11-09, 05:26

So its not getting reset Sad my favorut house ever was in there il help rebuild it but I was planning on making my own city but I guess I could squeeze some time into making acheron with you.
    RFairney
    RFairney

Post by RFairney 2011-11-09, 06:11

Forget glowstone, get soulsand and redstone it. much faster Smile
    JoeTheSheep
    JoeTheSheep

Post by JoeTheSheep 2011-11-09, 06:14

I'd love to help. Smile
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-11-09, 07:05

You know I'l be there. Smile I'l start collecting resources as soon as I log into the new map for the first time!
    Acheron will rise from the ashes and this time, better than ever! cheers
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-09, 07:11

killerd0nkey wrote:So its not getting reset Sad my favorut house ever was in there il help rebuild it but I was planning on making my own city but I guess I could squeeze some time into making acheron with you.

Unfortunately not, as far as I know. But I heard some rumors... that Acheron might really get transferred.

RFairney wrote:Forget glowstone, get soulsand and redstone it. much faster Smile

Well getting soul sand and redstoning it and then mining it can be an efficient way to transform useless soul sand into glowstone. Planning on doing this but I have to dig some soul sand first.

Anyways once the map is reset i will not start working on New Acheron right away. I will use like 3 days to collect some materials I might need before actually starting work on New Acheron.

I've sent Orc a PM about transfering the current zone which is, as far as I can remember, 350x350 blocks to the new map and WE'ing the area, though that might cost ALOT of gil so I'm in need for Gil donations.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-10, 03:43

*Double post, sorry*

I received an answer from Orcworm, the zone can be transferred. But he is not sure if he can/will WE the area to make it flat. He said it would cost 1 gil per WE'd block, I hope he does not mean every block he has got to remove, because that could be very, VERY expensive.

But if he means the size of Acheron which is 350x350 = 122,500 blocks, well yeah it will cost 122,500.00 Gil to get this area WE'd.

Guys, this means I need your help! Getting that much gil alone will be a pain in the ass!

RFairney
    RFairney

Post by RFairney 2011-11-10, 06:42

Giygas wrote:

RFairney wrote:Forget glowstone, get soulsand and redstone it. much faster Smile

Well getting soul sand and redstoning it and then mining it can be an efficient way to transform useless soul sand into glowstone. Planning on doing this but I have to dig some soul sand first.

Mining it? Why not place it, and convert it in place? Saves time, and is a lot more efficient.
    If you're placing it in individual blocks, place and break a lever, it'll get an ON signal from the lever when you first hit it to remove it, then a NULL signal from the lack of input, however NULL and OFF are different, and only the OFF will change the block state, so it will remain glowstone.

Edited to add: At 1 gil a block you could hire players to do it far cheaper. Possibly even "Free" if you provided stone/iron tools to work with.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-10, 07:05

RFairney wrote:Mining it? Why not place it, and convert it in place? Saves time, and is a lot more efficient.
    If you're placing it in individual blocks, place and break a lever, it'll get an ON signal from the lever when you first hit it to remove it, then a NULL signal from the lack of input, however NULL and OFF are different, and only the OFF will change the block state, so it will remain glowstone.

I saw the NULL signal thing before, it has been used in Acheron in a few places but a few days after i saw those places again they returned to OFF state again. That's why i want to place Glowstone rather than playing around with a redstone wiring glitch.

RFairney wrote:Edited to add: At 1 gil a block you could hire players to do it far cheaper. Possibly even "Free" if you provided stone/iron tools to work with.

That would take too long, and when the map resets I don't have anything myself so how the fuck am I supposed to provide tools?

I asked Orcworm if it is possible to donate for WE'ing an area. He said yes, 50p for every 10x10. The WE for New Acheron will cost 17.50 GBP. This way is actually a lot cheaper than paying it with gil, also saves me a lot of time. Donators usually get 100 gil for every 1 GBP they have donated (I would get 3,000 gil on map reset because of my 30 GBP donation).
    Chazdude42 is willing to donate 10 GBP for WE'ing the area. Though 7.50 GBP is missing but I might donate that myself. Thanks again Chaz, if you really wanna donate that amount just to revive Acheron you will be rewarded with something special (2 free plots + double building height + special double basement depth + Private Mines allowed for you + immunity to being kicked out of Acheron, unless you haven't done something absolutely horrible. You will also get entitled "Honored Citizen of New Acheron")!
    nihluz

Post by nihluz 2011-11-12, 09:14

Well, i guess i could donate my 50k(If you still need it) since i haven't got any use for them. Very Happy
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-12, 09:16

nihluz wrote:Well, i guess i could donate my 50k(If you still need it) since i haven't got any use for them. Very Happy

What? You donated 500 GBP to the server? Or how will you have 50,000 Gil on map reset?
    You do realize all the money you earned is lost, except of the money you get for the amount of donation you made.
    nihluz

Post by nihluz 2011-11-12, 09:21

Ahaha nvm I misunderstood you, I tought Orcworm agreed to let you pay in gil before the reset xD
    blockybalboa
    blockybalboa

Post by blockybalboa 2011-11-12, 09:31

I could donate my 50x50 zone if you need it for something.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-12, 09:46

blockybalboa wrote:I could donate my 50x50 zone if you need it for something.

Nah I'm fine, Orc confirmed that he will give me a 350x350 zone for New Acheron.

Edit:

WheatherChanging just said to me he is willing to donate 50 USD (~31 GBP) for the revival of Acheron.
    That made me:

I actually only need a donation of 17.50 GBP not 31 GBP, what is going on? Oh not to forget about Chazdude's 10 GBP which is then 41 GBP in total. ALSO, Orcworm did not fully confirm that he will be WE'ing the area, he just said "Maybe"!

I'm am stunned and speachless about all the support I get for this project! Thank you guys so much!

Edit2:

READ THIS!
    Code:
    00:52 - [ORC] Orcworm: looks like your wish may just come true after all
    00:52 - [ORC] Orcworm: Restore of Acheron After Map Reset - Today at 23:45

I have just been donating USD 50. Umyc and me would like to see Acheron restored to its former glory on the new map, if that is technically feasible.
    00:53 - [ORC] Giygas: Wha- wha- wha what?
    00:53 - [ORC] Orcworm: so you have 310x310 available to move
    00:53 - [ORC] Giygas: by "move" do you mean transfer?
    00:53 - [ORC] Orcworm: yes
    00:55 - [ORC] Giygas: but Acheron is 350x350, what about the other 40x40?
    00:55 - [ORC] Orcworm: that's up to you / nero / anyone else who wants to chip in ;p
    00:56 - [ORC] Giygas: Chazdude want to donate 10 GBP too
    00:56 - [ORC] Giygas: wants
    00:56 - [ORC] Orcworm: oh, that'll do
    00:56 - [ORC] Orcworm: haha
    00:56 - [ORC] Orcworm: i'm not quite sure how i'm going to paste it on without it crashing
    00:56 - [ORC] Orcworm: but we'll see
    00:57 - [ORC] Giygas: maybe piece by piece, not all at once?
    00:57 - [ORC] Orcworm: yeah, probably
    00:57 - [ORC] Orcworm: unless i use mcedit

I- I- don't- know- what- t-t-to s-s-say!

OH MY GOD THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH!

Yes this means Acheron will be transfered! Very Happy

Last edited by Giygas on 2011-11-12, 11:09; edited 1 time in total
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-11-12, 11:03

Well, you beat me to it, lol.
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-11-12, 11:08

will the buildings there be transferred as well?
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-12, 11:10

paradox74 wrote:will the buildings there be transferred as well?

Most likely, but we may demolish them since most of them are old anyways. If you have a plot in Acheron at the moment and you are still active, your plot won't be demolished of course.

Also, BEST DAY EVER!
    Chazdude42
    Chazdude42

Post by Chazdude42 2011-11-15, 00:44

Just confirming that I will be using this month's donation to transfer Acheron as opposed to donating for someone because it's worth way more than having one person as a donator to me Very Happy
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-15, 01:55

Chazdude42 wrote:Just confirming that I will be using this month's donation to transfer Acheron as opposed to donating for someone because it's worth way more than having one person as a donator to me Very Happy

Good, I very appreciated this. As said in the PM I wrote you, you will gain those "Honored Member of Acheron" benefits too.
    serioussam
    serioussam

Post by serioussam 2011-11-15, 03:05

But you will still build and add on new parts of archeron right?
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-11-15, 05:34

Reminder. All plots will be removed in the transferral.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-11-15, 07:51

serioussam wrote:But you will still build and add on new parts of archeron right?

1. It's still called Acheron not Archeron
    2. There might be new parts if we run out of plots, but that is unlikely because there are so many. Nero though plans on public farms and stuff.

Yarwood wrote:Reminder. All plots will be removed in the transferral.
    Okay, I am fine with this. Just too bad I won't be able to keep the promise I told most of the (active) people already, that they will keep their plot.

Anyway a completely fresh Acheron is sweet too. Can't wait how it will turn out this time. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-13, 11:52