Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+9
Jarvisd
Orcworm
Krellyn
patrickfreed
FillerB
Spxify
freddy705
GaMerG77
SlaveofRH
13 posters

Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3

Poll

Select the plugins you want.

[ 12 ]
    Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_left22%Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_left20%Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_right [20%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_left17%Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_left17%Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 13 ]
    Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_left24%Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Bar_right [24%] 

Total Votes: 54
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Empty Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-19, 07:46

Warning plugins:
    -[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Lulzy alternative to iwarning/jail.
    -[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Major cities could have their own jails. :3
    -[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Alerts player, and can kick/ban them after a certain amount.

Other helpful things:
    -[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]- In case staff aren't online.
    -[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Obvious reason is obvious.

Vote/tell me what you think?

Edit: Added a poll. Vote for what you want. If any.

Last edited by SlaveofRH on 2011-06-19, 09:15; edited 2 times in total
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Empty Re: Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3

Post by GaMerG77 2011-06-19, 07:51

I vote Yay on all of them.
    freddy705
    freddy705

Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Empty tickets

Post by freddy705 2011-06-19, 07:56

Help tickets can be VERY helpfull! and i agree with all of them!

Jail in every mayor city :-O FANCY! Very Happy
    Spxify

Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3 Empty Re: Suggested plugins for Warning/Jail/BantoNether/Report and Request tp. :3

Post by Spxify 2011-06-19, 08:11

People getting banned to nether will become total freaks! xD

Request tp sounds better then the current tp with asking permissions etc. Where does the jail thingy actually comes in use for? Surprised
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-19, 08:28

Jail would give some people (like town councils) the ability to temporarily ban bad players to designated jail cells that can be numerous (different cells for different offenses?) as a warning and alternative to tempbanning or kicking. So they can still be on the server while not being able to do anything fun. Obvious concerns with people abusing this may come up, but orc can place limits on things (like time for instance) and those caught abusing can obviously be dealt with by staff.

I think it would be a neat thing to have as well.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-06-19, 08:34

-Ban to Nether - Rather useless as we got some normal gameplay stuff in the nether. Also does it even work with our "nether"?
    -Jail - Funny but will cause major rage in and out of the chat. (you could mute but it would kinda defeat the purpose)
    -iWarning - Handy. Would work as that staff-note-system we've been talking about for a while.

-Help ticket system / Report- Got a forum for that
    -Request TP + other things - OrcPort will eventually handle that when I stop being such a sloth.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-06-19, 08:46

iwarning-no, no, no, no, nono, no-use [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], please.
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-19, 08:55

Filler:

Ban to Nether- Normal gameplay stuff is fine as you can also make it so they can't break anything or tp out. I thought we updated to the normal nether now?

Jail- Some rage yeah, but then we could just kick/tempban. I figure it's a somewhat alternate to those harsher things but could be more amusing. *shrug*

Help ticket - I suppose, just figure it would be easier.

Request tp- 'Eventually'? Why not now? Would be better to have one as a temp thing until you finish the replacement.

Patrick: Any explanation as to why not, other than no no no no?
    I looked at Heroic Rebute and compared them, iWarning looks less obnoxiously simple and would probably be used more than the other. HR looks like thunderghast.
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-06-19, 09:02

Warning plugins:
    -Ban to Nether: No
    -Jail: Absofreakinglutely
    -iWarning: Not necessary, but can be useful for keeping tabs, since we dont do that at this moment.

Other helpful things:
    -Help ticket system / Report: As filler said, we have the forum.
    -Request TP + other things: If OrcPort is what Filler's working on, then I suggest we get something in the meantime as an alternative since it'll be a while yet, as he said.
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-19, 09:08

Kinda necessary.. for small things at least. All we have is /kick or tempban for minor things and kick is useless if they're offline and tempban could be too much. Would also be good to keep tabs on what they've been warned about before.. like you said. Many people have been warned more times than you can count.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-06-19, 09:09

It's made by the heroic people who are great at everything they make. (cept for HeroChat)
    I've been using it for ages and it is simply a better plugin.
    I've been linking it for ages and no one has even thought about it. Razz

Edit: the dev has made some progress on it and it looks just like HR. It's orc's call I guess. They both look nice.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-06-19, 10:17

You people aren't harsh enough, temp-bans all round.
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-19, 12:58

Orcy. D: Did you at least consider any?
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-06-19, 13:00

We neeed Iwarning for realz. Some people serial grief and someone beats the mod to the ban, he is left with maybe a larger grief that he can't share. Thus the griefer could be unbanned even though he had done more than logged. Also can help with 2nd bans etc.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-06-19, 14:56

ban to nether: no, just have a bunch of noobs complain and grief us there
    jail: dont really need it, so no
    Iwarning: yes
    help tickets/ report: sounds like this would be a bit hard to keep track of, possibly yes
    request teleport: why dont we have this already? absolutely yes yes yes
    SlaveofRH
    SlaveofRH
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by SlaveofRH 2011-06-19, 15:06

Ciphon, as I said.. you can take permissions away from netherbanned players so they cant destroy blocks there. They can only wander basically.. and not use teleporters or commands. lol I don't care for this one, just thought it would be funneh to have.

The rest I do like though. :333
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-20, 02:39

Or, we could just make bedrock jails like a lot of classic servers use and put it in spawn to make an example out of peeps to other narbs.

How would you place bedrock, you ask? Use dat WE. :3
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-06-20, 02:44

Lizardman wrote:Or, we could just make bedrock jails like a lot of classic servers use and put it in spawn to make an example out of peeps to other narbs.

No. Just. No.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-06-20, 02:53

Hey, I do my best to improvise by using as few plugins as possible. :3
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-06-20, 08:42

Off-T:We should just turn spawn into a giant pit of lava and only teleport people out after they pay the donation* fee.
    *ransom.
    On-T: Jailing is crap, nether is crap. If these people are doing something against the rules and not fixing it by having a sit down they are only gonna spam us when they get punished and are allowed to stay on the server. rather than jailing them then muting them might as well just kick them off the server who knows maybe theyll see the sun for a day.

Tp-approval is necessary, right now and forever in the future, Free teleporting system with pvp enabled only causes issues and drama, wastes staff time looking into claims (not that y'all are doing anything besides looking for different pony pictures to post after this).

I've used help systems before and i actually liked them alot because they include coordinates and what not so if the person isnt online you can deal with claims regardless, assuming their report is accurate enough. the problem with it is that most people would rather type STAFF!!! HELP!!! in chat for hours on end rather than using the system (in my experience). Lack of use makes it lackluster.

As for Iwarning i've always used forums to keep track of such things, but all staff was required to submit daily reports of all staff activities so a quick control+f in the right forum would show what all a player was warned/banned kicked for (assuming the staff wrote their report properly.)
    Thats my 25cents worth Smile
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-06-20, 08:48

Muted while in jail...if they escape they can have chat back

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 20:11