Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+14
Spxify
Kn16h7
Pete
Onlyme
Jarvisd
Orcworm
uberblake
DoughnutSpanker
GaMerG77
patrickfreed
Ryoman
Lizardman
UrMomsMoat
Grintendo
18 posters

Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay?

Poll

Offical Spleef Arena

[ 23 ]
    Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay? - Page 2 Bar_left88%Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay? - Page 2 Bar_right [88%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay? - Page 2 Bar_left12%Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay? - Page 2 Bar_right [12%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Spxify

Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay? - Page 2 Empty Re: Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay?

Post by Spxify 2011-07-09, 03:58

Make a triple floor arena, different types, requires different tools (or hands) for fastest removal. Last one alive on the lowest floor wins.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay? - Page 2 Empty Re: Orcworm Spleef Arena - Yay/Nay?

Post by Kn16h7 2011-07-09, 04:07

FillerB wrote:Futuristic. Circular complex with a large glass dome. Depending on the plugin used ALSO a circular floor, otherwise square made of black wool. Lots of iron. Each contestant enters through a one-way door. Red-stone toggleable lights in the walls around the arena. Think Thunderdome.

Spxify wrote:Make a triple floor arena, different types, requires different tools (or hands) for fastest removal. Last one alive on the lowest floor wins.

1. Read Both Quotes.
    2. Combine both ideas in said Quotes.
    3. Make those ideas a reality.
    4. ????
    5. profit.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-07-09, 04:12

Nah I don't like multiple floors in my Spleef. Makes it hard for people to actually watch the game on the sidelines.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-07-09, 04:17

Also makes it more complicated. If one person goes down to the bottom floor at the start and digs it all out except for a small area he stands, he can just wait for the rest to fall through what used to be the bottom floor and win. Last person on the top/middle floor can also just wait for the game to finish itself without his interference. Makes for boring matches Smile
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-07-09, 04:25

true, i guess multiple floors is a nogo .--.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-07-09, 04:27

Oh, this is gonna be futuristic? Ok, I pictured the good old roman arena kind of thing. In any case... Who the fuck watches a spleef game? >.<
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-07-09, 04:43

Nobody said any thing about what it is GOING to be. Grin asked for suggestions, we give them. And think about (possible) tournaments Pete.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-09, 05:12

What you guys have gave me gives a new word for suggestions. You've just made what i was originally planning to get away with simply and quick, a harder task Razz. Very nice suggestions, i'll take them into account and i'll most likely need a lot of help with the actual building and realistic designing. (I'm good at imaging it, but describing it and creating it.... Meh :/ Razz)
    serioussam
    serioussam

Post by serioussam 2011-07-09, 20:09

FillerB wrote:Nah I don't like multiple floors in my Spleef. Makes it hard for people to actually watch the game on the sidelines.

What if we were to make multiple levels of spectator areas surrounding the arena?
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-07-09, 21:11

Then you still would have the troubles that Skoglol noted. And with how long an average spleef match takes spectators simple don't have the time to run down a set of stairs.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-09, 21:16

Like I said I hope to arrange multiple stadiums, rounds ext. There could be an area for multiple levels...
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-10, 06:32

Double Posted OMFG

Guys, I'm pretty certain this is going ahead, so any help being inspirational or whatever is more than welcome Smile

First thing is location, i'm trying to locate near(as close) to the spawn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 20:33