Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
Orcworm
Invision
6 posters

How to play on the Original Map!!

Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

How to play on the Original Map!! Empty How to play on the Original Map!!

Post by Invision 2011-01-16, 21:21

Hello guys! I've seen people quitting, people complainting and people hating because of the new update that Notch gave us some days ago.

Yes, it's awesome with Dye's and Ink's, and even 3 types of trees, but this doesn't help the multiplayer at all!

Our server uses many plugins and mods, and those aren't updated yet, since the new update came out. And it's going to take some while to get it updated too, so therefore I give you this:

Joyma wrote: As we can only update Buxville Orcworm's server to new versions of MC when all/most of our Mods can be updated, we tend to have phases now and then where we are running an older version of MC. As Notch obfuscates all his coding, this can take days, depending on the update and the availability of devs to port the Mods.

Download

The MC client that currently works on Buxville Orcworm's server is the same client you have been using until the latest MC update, you can download it once again here, or use your own archived version.

Download link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Install

On Windows:

1) Hit the Start button.

2) Write %AppData%\.minecraft\bin in the white search box, this takes you to the MC folder.
    (you may have to open a search window to accomplish this on XP)

3) There you will see a file named minecraft.jar and a file named "version".

4) Overwrite the minecraft.jar there with the version you downloaded from Buxville.

Done! You can now run Minecraft as normal, do not double-click the .jar there, that is not the way to start MC, just use the shortcut you had on your desktop or so.

To let your client auto-update again, when BuxvilleOrcworm's server has upgraded, or for whatever reason, simply delete the "version" file I showed you above, and then start MC. .

Credits goes to Skynet for giving me this "quote".

So, that's how to down-grade your client, so you can play with the plugins again!!

So far, Orcworm hasn't set up the settings yet, and it won't be possible, but as soon as he does that, we will have the chance to get back up!!
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

How to play on the Original Map!! Empty Re: How to play on the Original Map!!

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-16, 21:31

That's what you want me to do? Fair enough, it will be done.

EDIT: Ah, there's only one problem, I can't find the old minecraft_server.jar anywhere...

EDIT2: Rolled back to 1.1_02. Follow the guide at orcworm.com if you can't get it working.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-01-17, 01:49

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Who was the idiot that requested this? >.<
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-17, 01:53

xD, hMod is much better than a temp map.
    Invision
    Invision
    Forum Developer
    Forum Developer

Post by Invision 2011-01-17, 02:58

Orcworm wrote:xD, hMod is much better than a temp map.

Yes sir! Smile
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-01-17, 03:04

totally agreed.
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-01-17, 14:32

Yeah, this will work for the people that play on the clients. However, the people that have the in browser version are screwed. =/

EDIT: Lulz. nvm! I had no idea that browser version had the minecraft.jar file too. lulz
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-01-17, 14:37

PetePorty wrote:NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Who was the idiot that requested this? >.<

I do have to agree a bit with PetePorty tho. Just think; Everything that was added to the new minecraft, we are now missing out on, due to no hMod. I would rather start ALL over again, with the temp map (or better would be a new map), and have all of the new items and such, than miss out on them all. Who cares what other people think. their loss. =/
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-01-17, 16:39

Also, I hate using SpA as an example, but... it's just such a good one >.<

Well, SpA is running Bukkit with several plug ins to make it stable. The only thing they have trouble with, is that they can't set commands to groups of players, so it's either everyone or no one for now, that means, no dangerous stuff for anyone. I really, really, REALLY think this is much better than both, vanilla and downgrading... Orc, Lim was ok with telling me all this, and I'm sure he'll be ok with telling you which plugins he's using.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-17, 18:20

Believe me, if McMA supported Bukkit, we wouldn't be in this predicament. McMA seals the deal for me though, until it supports it I'll be using hMod.

EDIT: Seemingly obvious but there is the solution of renaming the bucket jar to minecraft_server.jar, not sure if a few new blocks is worth all the hassle just yet though.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-01-18, 02:16

It's a ton of blocks, plus the new trees, which give variability to building... Also, it IS worth it. Razz
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-18, 03:08

If it's still in the same state by about Thursday I'll think about it, can't be doing with the reshuffle with exams on at the moment Very Happy.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-01-26, 10:39

MinecCraft is giving me the "bad packet" and Its pon the old version,so I tried Dling the link again but it wont work becuase it says its on the current one
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-26, 10:39

I've updated the guide at orcworm.com, you just have to delete the "version" file in your .minecraft folder.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-01-26, 11:02

thank you orc!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 12:13