Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+12
lolyounoob1
patrickfreed
UrMomsMoat
onlinerocker
Grintendo
Krellyn
darkxephos
Rulyon
JoeTheSheep
Ciphon
GaMerG77
Mrskk
16 posters

Chill out brahs.

Mrskk
    Mrskk

Chill out brahs. Empty Chill out brahs.

Post by Mrskk 2011-08-12, 14:55

Hai im mrskk Smile

And i SUGGEST that people chill out, like honestly, 2 people i play reg orcworms got banned for "Griefing"
    1. DCN for putting a piece of dirt on a FRIENDS house as a joke...
    2. nuttn for breaking a mob spawner that was in a CAVE and not anyone zone, put a effing door on it and make a room if you want the spawner.

Anyways you guys shouldnt ban people for stupid reasons cause thats 3 people (including myself) not playing anymore cause of stupidity.

Who knows how many other times this has happened... eventually no one is going to play orcworms except for the staff who CAN ban people.

Lol.
    Like i said, just a SUGGESTION that people should chill.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Chill out brahs. Empty Re: Chill out brahs.

Post by GaMerG77 2011-08-12, 14:57

They just happened to feel the wrath of my tralala.
    Mrskk
    Mrskk

Post by Mrskk 2011-08-12, 14:58

ouu my ding ding dong :\
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-08-12, 15:13

if you saw the cave the mob spawner was in mrskk, it was pretty obvious that someone else owned it...
    JoeTheSheep
    JoeTheSheep

Post by JoeTheSheep 2011-08-12, 15:21

Just so you know, both of the grief victims requested a ban. The staff only did their biding. Normally the staff would not

ban for such minor griefs. Smile
    Mrskk
    Mrskk

Post by Mrskk 2011-08-12, 16:10

hense why i told them to chill out, and ciphon no i did not see it but its just a mob spawner ;[
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-08-12, 16:55

A mob spawner was just the most important thing, nuttnbuttrouble made 60 other edits within a 10 block radius of the spawner including breaking torches, cobblestone, and a piston
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-12, 17:01

News flash: DCN was only TEMP BANNED for 24HRs. Joke or not, modifying someone else's build against their wishes IS GRIEFING, as clearly defined in the rules here.

FillerB wrote:Server Rules (Last revision: 14-06-2011)]

2. Griefing
    - Modifying another player's structure in any way without express permission is not allowed
    --- Modifying the immediate area around another player's structure for the sole intent of "pissing them off" is likewise not allowed.

If you have a problem with the rules, you can play somewhere else, we won't particularly care.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-08-12, 17:04

This has nothing to do about the topic so feel free to delete it. I swear that the next time I hear someone say or see someone type "brah, dude, doode, wassup, cool story bro, bro, broheim, hipster or anything in leet speak" I am going to rage, hunt them down and kill them ...
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-08-12, 17:21

Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-08-12, 17:23

Mrskk wrote:hense why i told them to chill out, and ciphon no i did not see it but its just a mob spawner ;[

And that's why you got banned.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-08-12, 17:27

Lol mrskk didn't get banned, she(? Judging from avatar) is just standing up for her pals, now mrskk I hope you don't think I am entirely against you on this subject, because getting banned for 1 piece of dirt is over the top if you ask me. I mean it's way easier to break the freakin thing than to get staff involved and cause a hole ordeal about it, however if it happens repetitively I think you are in the clear to report it.
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-08-12, 17:50

Mrskk wrote:hense why i told them to chill out, and ciphon no i did not see it but its just a mob spawner ;[

And that's why your friends got banned.
    Mrskk
    Mrskk

Post by Mrskk 2011-08-13, 04:41

Lol, ciphon i know where your comming from, but for somebody to sit there and see a freaking piece of dirt and report it is honestly ridiculous and if your going to be that childish you shouldnt even play he game at all, and I know this is happened to a few people not just my friends.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-08-13, 04:59

Mrskk wrote:Hai im mrskk Smile

And i SUGGEST that people chill out, like honestly, 2 people i play reg orcworms got banned for "Griefing"
    1. DCN for putting a piece of dirt on a FRIENDS house as a joke...
    2. nuttn for breaking a mob spawner that was in a CAVE and not anyone zone, put a effing door on it and make a room if you want the spawner.

Anyways you guys shouldnt ban people for stupid reasons cause thats 3 people (including myself) not playing anymore cause of stupidity.

Who knows how many other times this has happened... eventually no one is going to play orcworms except for the staff who CAN ban people.

Lol.
    Like i said, just a SUGGESTION that people should chill.

You know what, she makes a hell of a lot of sense. Firstly, it's effort for us to come and rollback a few blocks. And secondly, we encourage players to join, way to many people are banned for small griefs, yes one block edit is a grief. Who cares.

I think you guys should listen to this.

And at the end of the day, any REAL accidental griefing, or small griefs without the intention to upset a player should be forgiven. It takes you guys minimal effort to shout 'Staff come fix this grief'.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-08-13, 05:15

We need a better control over the rules.
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-08-13, 05:31

We should do a three strikes and your out type of thing. Unless the grief is over 5 blocks than thats an auto ban. Or if its a valuable block such as diamonds or gold.
    UrMomsMoat
    UrMomsMoat

Post by UrMomsMoat 2011-08-13, 05:32

If your going to whine about what i did mrskk, then fine. do it.
    Yeah, its just a joke. haha..NOT REALLY. its annoying how he brought up this genious plan to make it nearly impossible for me to get into my house, with blocks broken. it took me nearly an hour to clean up. Its not really funny to me. and also, it wasnt just a piece of dirt. more like 10 stacks of planted sapplings on my house.
    Your lucky I gave DCN a temp ban. I could've done longer if i wished.

Theres nothing better then minecraft drama.
    Chill out brahs. 0
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-08-13, 05:58

I'll send you 5 stacks of feathers if you can get someone perma banned for placing one block.
    lolyounoob1
    lolyounoob1

Post by lolyounoob1 2011-08-13, 06:00

Hey patrickfreed griefed me and I want perma-ban I'll contact staff in game, I want my 5 stacks of feathers.
    UrMomsMoat
    UrMomsMoat

Post by UrMomsMoat 2011-08-13, 06:02

patrickfreed wrote:I'll send you 5 stacks of feathers if you can get someone perma banned for placing one block.
    alright, got someone banned. gimme my feathers.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-08-13, 06:13

Make it 10 stacks of diamond blocks and you've got yourself a deal ...
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-13, 06:24

It wasn't one block. It was several... plus planting trees on the roof and the surrounding area.
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-08-13, 06:42

I win then, I tp'd someone out of spawn for them, and they walked up to the Honeypot and broke a block. ^^
    Feathers? Wink
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-08-13, 08:58

UrMomsMoat wrote:If your going to whine about what i did mrskk, then fine. do it.
    Yeah, its just a joke. haha..NOT REALLY. its annoying how he brought up this genious plan to make it nearly impossible for me to get into my house, with blocks broken. it took me nearly an hour to clean up. Its not really funny to me. and also, it wasnt just a piece of dirt. more like 10 stacks of planted sapplings on my house.

Red 1 - Response: I don't see why you didn't request a staff member to fix it?

Red 2 - Response: You don't choose if a ban is temp or perm, and you do not choose how long a temp ban will go for. Yes you can suggest, but no, you don't choose.
    UrMomsMoat
    UrMomsMoat

Post by UrMomsMoat 2011-08-13, 09:00

Grintendo wrote:
    UrMomsMoat wrote:If your going to whine about what i did mrskk, then fine. do it.

Red 1 - Response: I don't see why you didn't request a staff member to fix it?

Red 2 - Response: You don't choose if a ban is temp or perm, and you do not choose how long a temp ban will go for. Yes you can suggest, but no, you don't choose.
    As Rulyon said to DCN. hes lucky i didnt REQUEST a longer ban. And, I asked rulyon if he could roll it back. he said trees are part of the enviromental engine of the game, therefore he cannot roll it back.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-08-13, 09:24

The bans for only a couple of blocks are generally temp bans, and if they are permanent, a simple appeal will get them unbanned. My question is though, why are you bitching? If your friend gets banned for a single block, appeals and is denied the appeal, I will ALWAYS support you. If your friend gets temp banned for making a pretty stupid joke, or because he's blatantly stealing and griefeing, I will not.

You said they were both regulars, so they can as well read the rules.
    Mrskk
    Mrskk

Post by Mrskk 2011-08-13, 12:30

Lol urmomsmoat, your an idiot. Honestly DCN did not plant the trees, zach did or so he said. And he only placed 1 or 2 blocks of dirt on your house, if your gunna pms then get zach banned leave DCN the hell out of it Smile

Other note, thanks for the back up grintendo, glad someone else understands.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-13, 13:11

MrsKK, since you believe so vehemently that DCN's ban was unfair because he ONLY planted a few dirt blocks and not he trees, let me clarify for you.

That's the rules. A minor grief of a few blocks is typically answered by a temporary ban of three days. Making the ban only ONE day was me being lenient at UrMomsMoat's behest.

If he HAD planted ALL those trees around his house the ban would be permanent and require an appeal to be lifted.

The fact that it was "a joke" is completely irrelevant. Whether it was a joke or not, the punishment for a minor grief is a temporary ban. We're not going to treat DCN any different than any other minor griefer.

If we pardoned him "because it was a joke" then EVERY griefer would start making the same claim to get leniency as well.

Next time he wants to tease a friend, hopefully he'll do so without griefing.
    Mrskk
    Mrskk

Post by Mrskk 2011-08-13, 13:14

Well a joke or not, 1 or 2 blocks or whatever it was is kind of ridiculous to not be able to play for 24 hours.
    Thats just my opinion, i never once said you had to agree, i said i SUGGEST people calm down.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-08-13, 13:17

Chill out brahs. Britain-riots_

it was just a joke guis
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-08-13, 13:33

They only stole a couple of 'em! Why should the be punished anyways...

You know, I just raped 2 people... That's fine, right? Because I used a condom, so didn't plant anything on them. ^_^
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-08-13, 13:49

I have to agree with mrskk here. I can remember countless times where I have found a dirt out of place or something and took the < 2 seconds to repair it. 'Grief' get's its name from people causing grief by destroying others' structures. (Correct?) I would not call placing two dirt blocks grief. If anything, by temp banning the person who placed the blocks you're griefing them more than they griefed the 'victim'

4 seconds > 24 hours.

/opinion
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-08-13, 14:14

Then again, moat DID take an hour or so taking down the trees, which would've never happened if someone wasn't breaking the rules. You see, it's only a joke when both parts of it understand it as a joke, if one gets mad and even requests a ban, the other clearly did something wrong.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-08-13, 14:21

Pete wrote:Then again, moat DID take an hour or so taking down the trees, which would've never happened if someone wasn't breaking the rules. You see, it's only a joke when both parts of it understand it as a joke, if one gets mad and even requests a ban, the other clearly did something wrong.

Pete is quite right here.

I was quite calm, MrsKK, I don't feel anything personal against DCN; I was just doing my duty. The rules are clear-cut and dry. Everyone is subject to them, no exceptions. I also point out, that DCN himself isn't making as big a deal about it.

I DO respect you standing up for your friends in a perceived wrong, however. Such a quality in a friend is highly desired and difficult to find. I commend you on your loyalty and for sticking to your guns. Smile

UrMomsMoat
    UrMomsMoat

Post by UrMomsMoat 2011-08-13, 14:47

Mrskk wrote:Lol urmomsmoat, your an idiot. Honestly DCN did not plant the trees, zach did or so he said. And he only placed 1 or 2 blocks of dirt on your house, if your gunna pms then get zach banned leave DCN the hell out of it Smile

Other note, thanks for the back up grintendo, glad someone else understands.
    *you're
    Kthx. Tell dcn to read the rules first. ive already told you why im in a bad mood. dont bother me any further.
    Mrskk
    Mrskk

Post by Mrskk 2011-08-13, 15:04

Lol im not trying to bother you, you never had to comment, you included yourself in the convo.

And i understand that the staff do there job, thats not who i was intending the post to be directed to. It was directed towards thos of who complain about the littlest things!
    (edit cause i put into two posts and devan said i wasnt allowed lol :3)
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-08-13, 16:40

let's lighten the mood
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple

Post by SergentPineapple 2011-08-14, 04:49

thx sieve i actually needed that after reading all those posts :p

Also i think this proves we need ME as staff... Chill out brahs. 12916110

Anyway back to topic.....I think some people do need to take chill pills people are accusing people left right and center of griefing i think i see someone say grief every time im on.
    Mrskk
    Mrskk

Post by Mrskk 2011-08-14, 12:58

Yeah exactly bud Smile
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-08-14, 13:27

I don't think people should loosen up on rules, rules are rules. Breaking them means you get punished, it's that simple.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-08-14, 13:46

Aaaaagain, and to finish this, because I enjoy locking threads for the lulz: A staff member would not ban someone for a couple of dirt blocks, even if it's on the rules; but the fact that the victim asked for a ban forces us to follow the rules.

Now stop bitching, read the rules, and actually learn how to do funny jokes.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-08-14, 13:47

Oh, so that grief I did on your house isn't funny? ;_;
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-08-14, 13:49

As funny as that time I murdered your mother. Yeah, I know it's illegal, but... It was a joke!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 20:38