Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+27
Deathsplat
Yarwood
Rulyon
paradox74
sieve
skoglol
Baldymoint7
FillerB
PureCraft
aapl2
nuttnbuttrouble
uberblake
Ciphon
Krellyn
strpr0wng
patrickfreed
Rardical
lolyounoob1
onlinerocker
Pete
Monstaboi
DoughnutSpanker
Orcworm
luminousmouse
freddy705
Jarvisd
Fireboy5115
31 posters

Guests and Treatment

Poll

Have you disrespected a guest?

[ 9 ]
    Guests and Treatment - Page 2 Bar_left26%Guests and Treatment - Page 2 Bar_right [26%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Guests and Treatment - Page 2 Bar_left26%Guests and Treatment - Page 2 Bar_right [26%] 
    [ 17 ]
    Guests and Treatment - Page 2 Bar_left48%Guests and Treatment - Page 2 Bar_right [48%] 

Total Votes: 35
    nuttnbuttrouble
    nuttnbuttrouble

Guests and Treatment - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests and Treatment

Post by nuttnbuttrouble 2011-08-25, 15:01

yup he hit the nail on the head with the golden rule thing and a sign at spawn would be the solution to the tag problem but don't take them away thats why i donated to be truthful Wink
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-08-26, 00:02

Ok so I was playing last night and when I saw a guest come on I found my self thinking through what I said to them far more than I would to any one else, i kept thinking back to this thread. I think that now that this has been brought up atlases fir the people on the forums( most of us donators and members) will be a little more conscious about what they say to guests. So this thread will probably help fix the problem more as it is that taking away tags.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-08-26, 02:46

You said something about people knowing who you are ... fireboy116 ???
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-08-28, 07:54

onlinerocker wrote:The thing I hate is when guests log onto the server just to say, and I quote, "This server sucks"

That isn't pleasant and I know. I said this once on my very first log-in but this was because I had asked about 10 questions to 6 people and was completely ignored. I didn't know what to do and felt disrespected so I said that and logged-out.
    The thing here is we need to pay attention to new guests...everyone needs to.
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-08-28, 07:58

darkxephos wrote:You said something about people knowing who you are ... fireboy116 ???

Yes, I feel like even though my status is still a guest, people mostly know who I am.
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-08-28, 08:11

Fireboy5115 wrote:
    darkxephos wrote:You said something about people knowing who you are ... fireboy116 ???

Yes, I feel like even though my status is still a guest, people mostly know who I am.
    I'm trying to offend you by saying this but, I have NO idea who you are Razz
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-08-28, 08:15

onlinerocker wrote:
    Fireboy5115 wrote:

neither do i and most questions could be answered by reading the signs around spawn, when i first started i didnt say a word to anyone and i did just fine.
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-08-28, 08:33

aapl2 wrote:
    onlinerocker wrote:
    Fireboy5115 wrote:

neither do i and most questions could be answered by reading the signs around spawn, when i first started i didnt say a word to anyone and i did just fine.

onlinerocker-Haha, I know. Only a certain people know who I am like Nero or (that guy that gives out cookies).

aap12-My question was "Where is everyone?" because there was nobody at the spawn location and I was really confused.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-08-28, 08:36

Be careful, his cookie factory has rats and I hear some poison, too.

No one respects guest since most just leave/spam/ or grief and get banned. As soon as they get member they'll get respect, no one gives respect who hasn't played the server long enough but when you get Member, people realize Orc has noticed you play and he's rarely on so I guess, you're on a lot. But yeah, this treatment to guests has got to change since it's just stupid douchebaggery.
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-08-28, 09:06

Fireboy5115 wrote:
    aapl2 wrote:
    onlinerocker wrote:
    Fireboy5115 wrote:

onlinerocker-Haha, I know. Only a certain people know who I am like Nero or (that guy that gives out cookies).

aap12-My question was "Where is everyone?" because there was nobody at the spawn location and I was really confused.

the only thing i did bad was build right outside of spawn but that was before the dont build outside spawn signs

and i was glad n one was around beacuse they would most likely kill me.

I joined thinking it was everyone for yourself/pvp everywhere, also i was mad beacuse i couldnt find any damn coal.
    Rardical
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rardical 2011-08-28, 09:35

Fireboy5115 wrote:
    onlinerocker wrote:The thing I hate is when guests log onto the server just to say, and I quote, "This server sucks"

That isn't pleasant and I know. I said this once on my very first log-in but this was because I had asked about 10 questions to 6 people and was completely ignored. I didn't know what to do and felt disrespected so I said that and logged-out.
    The thing here is we need to pay attention to new guests...everyone needs to.

I think the biggest reason why guests are ignored is because their tag and name are white so that blends in with the conversation so people just miss it when a guest talks. When you become a member, it's easier to see that you have said something.
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-08-28, 10:50

Hm... all this fire aimed to new players just furtherly makes me considder to start up casa de newbie. For the guys here who dont know what im talking about: A now banned player gifted me a fairly large zone containing a monstrous mansion. Very impressive and very beautiful. Im considdering to turn this mansion into a house for guests so they have a very nice startup place. They will not gain access to the zone to prevent the ignorant ones from griefing the shit out of the mansion, but for the rest, they can use beds, chests and occupy their individual room. Of course the mansion is no real long term solution for the guests. A tiny room with no permissions just wont do it for long, so they are encouraged to swarm out into the rest of the map and get serious.
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-08-28, 11:35

NeroTheDarklord wrote:Hm... all this fire aimed to new players just furtherly makes me considder to start up casa de newbie. For the guys here who dont know what im talking about: A now banned player gifted me a fairly large zone containing a monstrous mansion. Very impressive and very beautiful. Im considdering to turn this mansion into a house for guests so they have a very nice startup place. They will not gain access to the zone to prevent the ignorant ones from griefing the shit out of the mansion, but for the rest, they can use beds, chests and occupy their individual room. Of course the mansion is no real long term solution for the guests. A tiny room with no permissions just wont do it for long, so they are encouraged to swarm out into the rest of the map and get serious.

Very, very good idea Nero. It would have to be somewhere where new people at the spawn could find a way to it, but I think that you should. I'll help you if you want
    NeroTheDarklord
    NeroTheDarklord

Post by NeroTheDarklord 2011-08-28, 13:09

Fireboy5115 wrote:
    NeroTheDarklord wrote:Hm... all this fire aimed to new players just furtherly makes me considder to start up casa de newbie. For the guys here who dont know what im talking about: A now banned player gifted me a fairly large zone containing a monstrous mansion. Very impressive and very beautiful. Im considdering to turn this mansion into a house for guests so they have a very nice startup place. They will not gain access to the zone to prevent the ignorant ones from griefing the shit out of the mansion, but for the rest, they can use beds, chests and occupy their individual room. Of course the mansion is no real long term solution for the guests. A tiny room with no permissions just wont do it for long, so they are encouraged to swarm out into the rest of the map and get serious.

Very, very good idea Nero. It would have to be somewhere where new people at the spawn could find a way to it, but I think that you should. I'll help you if you want

As said the mansion already exists. But location is irrelevant. I may request orcworm for getting one of the higher floors of the spawn tower and place a teleport rune in there. Newbies who are smart enough to read the sign will be teleported to Casa de Newbie. I can make the teleport rune two-ways, so all guests of the casa can easily return to Orcshire whenever they wish, without the need to know about any commands (/spawn, /sethome, /home).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 08:54