Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+12
uberblake
Ryoman
patrickfreed
Jarvisd
paradox74
sieve
UrMomsMoat
Rardical
Rulyon
darkxephos
PureCraft
DoughnutSpanker
16 posters

Sound Tapes of 9/11 Terror Attacks

DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Sound Tapes of 9/11 Terror Attacks Empty Sound Tapes of 9/11 Terror Attacks

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-09-09, 22:31

They just released some ATC Comm tapes of the tragedies of 9/11. It's chilling.

Warning: may be disturbing to some.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/09/08/nyregion/911-tapes.html
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Sound Tapes of 9/11 Terror Attacks Empty Re: Sound Tapes of 9/11 Terror Attacks

Post by PureCraft 2011-09-10, 08:40

Sound Tapes of 9/11 Terror Attacks Not-a-single-fuck
    Get over it americans, nobody cares anymore. In 10 years you wont aswell.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-09-10, 08:45

Nobody gives a fuck about all your American disasters or celebrations.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-09-10, 08:49

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but keep it civil. Rest assured, any insults or other disrespectful behavior related to the subject at hand and I WILL ban your ass. (whomever it may be)
    Rardical
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rardical 2011-09-10, 11:17

I was only 6 years old when this happened so I don't remember much. I remember what I was doing at the time and I remember watching it on the news before school. Anyway, I would give a damn if the Americans would help Canada like we helped them during 9.11. For example, here in Alberta, we had a fire that wiped out a whole town. Where were the Americans? Not helping out. Some of the people in that town don't have homes for the winter. They are just staying in trailers for now. Americans haven't helped at all and I doubt they will. Canada helps any country whenever we can. Do the Americans?
    UrMomsMoat
    UrMomsMoat

Post by UrMomsMoat 2011-09-10, 11:41

Rardical wrote:I was only 6 years old when this happened so I don't remember much. I remember what I was doing at the time and I remember watching it on the news before school. Anyway, I would give a damn if the Americans would help Canada like we helped them during 9.11. For example, here in Alberta, we had a fire that wiped out a whole town. Where were the Americans? Not helping out. Some of the people in that town don't have homes for the winter. They are just staying in trailers for now. Americans haven't helped at all and I doubt they will. Canada helps any country whenever we can. Do the Americans?
    Sorry, Im going to make you feel stupid here. So, yeah..America was the first to help japan, and haiti..So, you were saying? Our government isnt going to waste money to help rebuild a town. If it were more of a tsunami, or massive fire damage to canadas capital, or an army invasion; thats a different story.

On another side of things; America lost 2 of the worlds biggest buildings in that time, and 3,000 innocent americans were killed, along with other innocent people, which range from Canadian, to British.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-09-10, 12:19

Nobody helped America during 9-11. Your own media aired a statement pertaining to that very occurrence after 9-11. The US, on the other hand, spends BILLIONS of Dollars helping other countries recover from disasters and attacks. It's unfortunate that you have countrymen that have lost homes to fire and I wish I could help them, but your statement is the first I've heard of it. There are plenty of people in the same boat all over North America. Texas just had the DRIEST month in the country as far back as records have been made. There are currently 15 uncontrollable wildfires tearing across the Texas countryside, including one that's within 50 miles of my home. We're all in this together Rardical.

I was in the library my senior year of High School when the 9-11 attacks occurred. I watched the second plane hit live on television, watched in horror, grief, and anger because I knew it meant we were going to go to war over it, and it would be MY generation that would fill the ranks in whatever God Forsaken country our pursuit of justice would take us.sure enough when our class graduated High School 8 months later 1 in 15 of my classmates signed up to kick some ass. I lost five friends in Iraq and two more in Afganistan. The 9-11 attacks may mean nothing to some of you, but for some of us, myself included, they were the catalyst that changed our lives forever. Have your opinions, but don't insult us for our own.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-09-10, 12:46

What was there to help? A building collapse is nowhere near as devastating as something like Hurricane Katrina (which I may point out other countries helped us with). Fact is, you are more likely to die from being struck by a lightening bolt then you are from being killed by a terrorist
    Rardical
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rardical 2011-09-10, 12:48

Rulyon wrote:Nobody helped America during 9-11. Your own media aired a statement pertaining to that very occurrence after 9-11. The US, on the other hand, spends BILLIONS of Dollars helping other countries recover from disasters and attacks. It's unfortunate that you have countrymen that have lost homes to fire and I wish I could help them, but your statement is the first I've heard of it. There are plenty of people in the same boat all over North America. Texas just had the DRIEST month in the country as far back as records have been made. There are currently 15 uncontrollable wildfires tearing across the Texas countryside, including one that's within 50 miles of my home. We're all in this together Rardical.

I was in the library my senior year of High School when the 9-11 attacks occurred. I watched the second plane hit live on television, watched in horror, grief, and anger because I knew it meant we were going to go to war over it, and it would be MY generation that would fill the ranks in whatever God Forsaken country our pursuit of justice would take us.sure enough when our class graduated High School 8 months later 1 in 15 of my classmates signed up to kick some ass. I lost five friends in Iraq and two more in Afganistan. The 9-11 attacks may mean nothing to some of you, but for some of us, myself included, they were the catalyst that changed our lives forever. Have your opinions, but don't insult us for our own.

First, I would like to say, I hope New York does not get attacked on Sunday. Which it has been said that it might.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h_dzhA3Cx6cuBmMJPUvNRKlrw0sw?docId=CNG.220bf47998717b08bf88f0157da3e530.ca1

http://www.globalnews.ca/Pages/Story.aspx?id=6442478327

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/slave+lake+fire+timeline/285637/story.html

"The 9-11 attacks may mean nothing to some of you, but for some of us, myself included, they were the catalyst that changed our lives forever. Have your opinions, but don't insult us for our own."

Agreed, but when did I insult anyone for their opinion?

EDIT:9/11 lost 3000+ people. That is unfortunate that they had to die like that, but, death is a part of life. Now, in the Slave Lake disaster, almost 7000 people lost their homes. I don't know about you, but I would rather be dead than homeless.

Last edited by Rardical on 2011-09-10, 13:09; edited 1 time in total
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-09-10, 13:00

sieve wrote:What was there to help? A building collapse is nowhere near as devastating as something like Hurricane Katrina (which I may point out other countries helped us with). Fact is, you are more likely to die from being struck by a lightening bolt then you are from being killed by a terrorist
    i beg to differ but just about as many people died in 9/11 as in Hurricane Katrina. also i thought about making a tread for this but now seems mildly appropriate.
    Spoiler:
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-09-10, 13:23

One: The large part of New Orleans was practically destroyed in Katrina and people lost their homes. Far more people were directly affected in Katrina.

Two: 4500 Americans have died in Iraq. Some estimates put Iraqi civilian casualties at over 600,000. We cannot imagine the suffering and death that has come from forcing our Western ideas on those who are hostile to them. We might complain about having to bury our dead, but the fact is those who our troops were sent to protect that have taken the role of gravedigger far more often then we have.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-09-10, 13:27

Sieve shut the fuck up, no one cares, go troll about 9/11 on 'I hate america" site not here...
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-09-10, 13:52

darkxephos wrote:Nobody gives a fuck about all your American disasters or celebrations.
    Have some respect. I don't know whether you think you're funny or something but 3000 people dying is nothing you should joke about.
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-09-10, 14:19

and I'm switching my stance to Pure's picture
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-09-10, 14:37

patrickfreed wrote:
    darkxephos wrote:Nobody gives a fuck about all your American disasters or celebrations.
    Have some respect. I don't know whether you think you're funny or something but 3000 people dying is nothing you should joke about.

I couldn't agree more Patrick, Exphos if you think its some kind of JOKE that over 3,000 Americans,Canadians,British, and many other nationalities of people died in the blink of an eye when terrorists attacked the world trade center,and the Pentagon then I would highly recommend you go and take a little time to learn some respect, maturity, and simple decency. People from your country died too you know. Think about that next time you decide to say "Nobody gives a fuck about all your American disasters or celebrations". Oh yea and a side note: My teacher was evacuated from his old workplace on 9/11 because it was so close to the CN Tower, The Canadian Government suspected that it was their next target so all the surrounding buildings including the CN tower were cleared and I believe the bomb squad was called in to sweep the building. The whole world was scared shitless and it was all because of idiots like you who don't take terrorism seriously.

Last edited by Ryoman on 2011-09-10, 16:50; edited 4 times in total
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-09-10, 14:42

I had to watch 2 9/11 videos in class today. Gah, it was disturbing. The impact this had on security and and trust is tremendous. This is not some stupid joke xephos.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-09-10, 16:37

We did'nt have school as someone fucked the whole south western power gride up...
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-09-10, 16:50

uberblake wrote:I had to watch 2 9/11 videos in class today. Gah, it was disturbing. The impact this had on security and and trust is tremendous. This is not some stupid joke xephos.
    Yup, BrainPOP, and some interactive thing in class where you click a part of the city and shows you footage.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-09-10, 21:21

Jarvisd wrote:Sieve shut the fuck up, no one cares, go troll about 9/11 on 'I hate america" site not here...

Trolling implies he's wrong with anything he said, granted he did not provide source links but that's no reason for you to act like a spoilt brat.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-09-10, 22:07

I would like to point something out here, I lost my Aunt in 9/11, I was crying for ages. But after it, well life moves on, yes I do miss her. My cousins miss her and so does my Uncle, but they also have realised that life moves on. It's death, death is part of humanity, it's part of what keeps the human race going. We need death, without death people would over populate and the world would turn to shit. It just annoys me when people make big deals out of stuff like that. I was at Glasgow Airport when the terrorist(s) hit that (I know it isn't on the same scale but still). So no I'm not trying to be funny, I just don't see the point in mopeing over lost lifes, especially after 10 years.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-09-11, 01:38

"American tragedies and celebrations"
    You obviously were trying to downplay the seriousness of it, making your country/yourself appear 'superior' or something because you don't care about your loved ones' deaths anymore.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-09-11, 02:11

You know the difference between a cow and 9/11?

You stop milking a cow after 10 years.

Sure it probably sucked for everyone involved, directly and indirectly. But face it, life sucks.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-09-11, 02:28

skoglol wrote:You know the difference between a cow and 9/11?

You stop milking a cow after 10 years.

Sure it probably sucked for everyone involved, directly and indirectly. But face it, life sucks.

Exactly. I'm not trying to seem superior, I'm just saying that death is death, shit happens, deal with it.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-09-11, 05:41

i heard the wife of the pilot of the 9/11 crash talking on the radio the other day, she talked about what happened on board the plane before the crash, and how all the people realized that they were gonna die, so they tried to regain control of the plane...
    UrMomsMoat
    UrMomsMoat

Post by UrMomsMoat 2011-09-11, 06:31

One of the most sickening things i have ever seen. How dare you Insult the lives of innocent people that had been lost. Gain some repsect, and some decency.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-09-11, 06:50

Locking the thread since it has now devolved to people attacking each other's opinions. Grow up, children.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 19:45