Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+4
Zz_For_Dannnnn
paradox74
DoughnutSpanker
spladogia66
8 posters

Add an Indiana Jones temple of doom challenge sort of thing to the server

spladogia66

Add an Indiana Jones temple of doom challenge sort of thing to the server Empty Add an Indiana Jones temple of doom challenge sort of thing to the server

Post by spladogia66 2011-09-12, 05:06

I saw some videos on youtube recently of an Indiana Jones minecraft temple of doom thing and think it would be cool to add something like it to the server.It could have chests with minecraft goodies (iron ingots,gold ingots,diamond,redstone,obsidian,jack o lantern,sugar cane,iron block,gold block,diamond block,glowstone,diamond pick,diamond sword,diamond spade,diamond axe,diamond hoe,diamond helmet,diamond chestplate,diamond legings,diamond boots,etc

But there are lots of calenging chalenges to get past in order to get them if you go on youtube and type in minecraft temple of doom adventure you will see what I mean but the orcworm version should be twice as hard and ten times as big with loads of treasure.One of the challenges can be jumping from really high up into what appears to be a lake but half of the surface is actualy solid lapiz lazius or blue wool or mabey some of both and from the height you are at you cant tell whats what and risk falling to your death.

add your ideas to this post or something.
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Add an Indiana Jones temple of doom challenge sort of thing to the server Empty Re: Add an Indiana Jones temple of doom challenge sort of thing to the server

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-09-12, 05:10

Yes, this would be cool. However, once someone completes it, who's going to go in and use their resources to refill the chests? It would take the "adventure" part out of it if you went through to find empty chests.
    paradox74
    paradox74

Add an Indiana Jones temple of doom challenge sort of thing to the server Empty Re: Add an Indiana Jones temple of doom challenge sort of thing to the server

Post by paradox74 2011-09-12, 05:14

Quick note that makes it harder to do on orcworm is that donators have /jumpto and /thru which would give them an unfair advantage. So unless there is a way to dis able that in an area that will be very difficult to make fair. I have thought of ways to combat this but the only way Is to disable it in the area.
    Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-09-12, 05:57

Funny you should mention this, I've actually started something like this, not as challenging, just cool (hopefully) mine will be more maze like, but I'm really making it up as I go along, also, to counter the chest problem I'm just going to refill them myself, since I rarely go on .co.uk anymore.
    Metalsmith
    Metalsmith

Post by Metalsmith 2011-09-12, 12:13

Use something similar to the battle arena. It will change items to a certain set of items right?
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-09-12, 12:24

Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:Funny you should mention this, I've actually started something like this, not as challenging, just cool (hopefully) mine will be more maze like, but I'm really making it up as I go along, also, to counter the chest problem I'm just going to refill them myself, since I rarely go on .co.uk anymore.
    If you don't play on .co.uk what do you play on? O.o
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-09-12, 13:09

.com?! .co.uk:1?! .net? .info? .cm? .ect?
    serioussam
    serioussam

Post by serioussam 2011-09-12, 13:48

Like metalsmith said, I think it's a good idea to use the warzone plugin to reset chests and the traps in the area.
    But im not sure how to make sure that donators don't just use /junpto or /thru to spoil the fun.
    uberblake
    uberblake

Post by uberblake 2011-09-12, 13:52

serioussam wrote:Like metalsmith said, I think it's a good idea to use the warzone plugin to reset chests and the traps in the area.
    But im not sure how to make sure that donators don't just use /junpto or /thru to spoil the fun.

I don't see how that would work, except if you made a flag at the area you're supposed to go to, and made a tp back to your base, so that you'd win. And the reward system could work for that.
    Zz_For_Dannnnn
    Zz_For_Dannnnn

Post by Zz_For_Dannnnn 2011-09-13, 03:33

onlinerocker wrote:
    Zz_For_Dannnnn wrote:Funny you should mention this, I've actually started something like this, not as challenging, just cool (hopefully) mine will be more maze like, but I'm really making it up as I go along, also, to counter the chest problem I'm just going to refill them myself, since I rarely go on .co.uk anymore.
    If you don't play on .co.uk what do you play on? O.o

:1, but since it's dead i'm really having a break at the moment.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 12:43