Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

4 posters

Uh, Yeah what the hell is a ban for breaking a honeypot block?

Sydney
    Undead

Uh, Yeah what the hell is a ban for breaking a honeypot block? Empty Uh, Yeah what the hell is a ban for breaking a honeypot block?

Post by Sydney 2011-09-23, 20:04

I'm one of the admins on the terraria server, so I'm new to the MC server, I got banned for breaking a "honeypot" block.

What?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Uh, Yeah what the hell is a ban for breaking a honeypot block? Empty Re: Uh, Yeah what the hell is a ban for breaking a honeypot block?

Post by Orcworm 2011-09-23, 20:42

Unfortunately I can't mind read what your IGN is.

Oh, and nice doublepost...
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Uh, Yeah what the hell is a ban for breaking a honeypot block? Empty Re: Uh, Yeah what the hell is a ban for breaking a honeypot block?

Post by Yarwood 2011-09-23, 22:53

Basically, a Honeypot is a grief-trap.. There are many different ones on the server at the mo, but the most obvious ones are the;

TNT inside the glass on one side of the spawn exit
    Diamond Blocks by the shops by the spawn statue etc.
    Sydney
    Undead

Post by Sydney 2011-09-24, 20:25

MJS1990

Why is their antigrief inside a tree where I am trying to get wood for a house?
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-09-24, 21:58

If you think you've destroyed a 'tree', you actually destroyed a player made structure to represent a large tree which contains a rune teleport inside it.

I think you need to understand more of the dynamics of MineCraft before you're wish to rejoin us...

Sydney
    Undead

Post by Sydney 2011-09-24, 22:02

Grintendo wrote:If you think you've destroyed a 'tree', you actually destroyed a player made structure to represent a large tree which contains a rune teleport inside it.

I think you need to understand more of the dynamics of MineCraft before you're wish to rejoin us...

Well I was going to donate and play on a regular basis, but I don't want to waste a week of my life trying to memorize where every little "ban button" as i have named them, is.

Back to terraria, where we don't have problems like this.

ALSO: so you are saying I'm staying banned? For a mistakes, ANOTHER reason I do not wish to play. Mistakes are a sin I guess.

I should also say I was pretty damn far away from town. Or at least so I thought. Trees surrounding other trees, so to me it looked like another tree, I broke wood, broke wood, and boom, banned.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-09-24, 22:14

You could be talking about a Honey Pot that shouldn't be there, there's been similar cases in the past.

99% of Honeypot ban appeals are accepted, i don't you'll be a exception to that norm.

We're not forcing you to play here, if you like Mine Craft and like our servers, great! If not, then bye i guess?
    Sydney
    Undead

Post by Sydney 2011-09-24, 22:16

Grintendo wrote:You could be talking about a Honey Pot that shouldn't be there, there's been similar cases in the past.

99% of Honeypot ban appeals are accepted, i don't you'll be a exception to that norm.

We're not forcing you to play here, if you like Mine Craft and like our servers, great! If not, then bye i guess?
    I do like minecraft, I just don't want to get banned for some odd reason that I do not understand. @_@ I don't want to have to look at every block I break, and hope that it is not a "ban if break" block. I don't find that fun. I'd rather have someone just give me the materials if thats the case, I've been banned for a day now. For an accident. Rolling Eyes

GOOD IDEA, Instead of making these blocks a ban if you break them, why not just make them respawn when broken?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-09-24, 22:20

I don't see why people get so irritated in these honeypot appeals, it's as if it's our fault they zerged out the spawn and broke the nearest block they could reach.
    Sydney
    Undead

Post by Sydney 2011-09-24, 22:23

Orcworm wrote:I don't see why people get so irritated in these honeypot appeals, it's as if it's our fault they zerged out the spawn and broke the nearest block they could reach.
    I was in a forest Orc.

Who puts a random honeypot in the forest, IN A TREE. I do not see the logic.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-09-24, 22:25

I'd be very interested to see this honeypot then.
    Sydney
    Undead

Post by Sydney 2011-09-24, 22:30

Orcworm wrote:I'd be very interested to see this honeypot then.
    I do not reemember where it was, I wandered as far as I could, to find trees, for wood, for a house, to build, in the middle of nowhere.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-09-24, 22:32

Doesn't matter, you should log on back where you logged off.
    Sydney
    Undead

Post by Sydney 2011-09-24, 22:37

Orcworm wrote:Doesn't matter, you should log on back where you logged off.
    K
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-09-24, 22:40

Fucking hell, you do pick some odd ones don't you.. xD
    Sydney
    Undead

Post by Sydney 2011-09-24, 22:42

I'm back in, but I'm scared to break anything.
    Sydney
    Undead

Post by Sydney 2011-09-24, 22:43

Yarwood wrote:Fucking hell, you do pick some odd ones don't you.. xD
    I have a whole folder dedicated to avatars my friend. They are all epic.

SHIT sorry for the double post.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 14:53