Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+8
Yarwood
Jhubbz_
Orcworm
PureCraft
Ryoman
GaMerG77
jenius20
Krellyn
12 posters

Come University, should I move in with a roomate or something?

Krellyn
    Krellyn

Come University, should I move in with a roomate or something? Empty Come University, should I move in with a roomate or something?

Post by Krellyn 2011-10-16, 17:59

https://i.imgur.com/JsVke.png

That's how I fear it will be like, even with a buddy.

Anyone here lived with a roommate for school? Must know what it was like.

Spoiler:
    jenius20
    jenius20

Come University, should I move in with a roomate or something? Empty Re: Come University, should I move in with a roomate or something?

Post by jenius20 2011-10-16, 18:08

Good to start then they will get on your nerves as the only ppl who ask for room mates( in general) are either the hyperactive ones or the depressive ones.
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Come University, should I move in with a roomate or something? Empty Re: Come University, should I move in with a roomate or something?

Post by Krellyn 2011-10-16, 18:49

jenius20 wrote:Good to start then they will get on your nerves as the only ppl who ask for room mates( in general) are either the hyperactive ones or the depressive ones.

The latter is the case of the guy I mentioned in my original post. Pretty sad, actually.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-10-16, 19:26

Funnyjunk?
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-16, 19:43

Just move in with someone you know very well, like one of your good friends who you will graduate with.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-10-16, 20:49

Don't.
    Simply, dont.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-10-16, 22:12

Reddit.jpg
    Jhubbz_
    Jhubbz_

Post by Jhubbz_ 2011-10-17, 01:41

Dontdoitzuzu.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-10-17, 04:40

>Asking about uni on a forum occupied by children
    sieve
    sieve

Post by sieve 2011-10-17, 04:41

After rooming with my brother for 13 years, I was relieved when he went to university. Really depends on the person I guess, although it wasn't too bad for me.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-10-17, 06:18

All depends on how far from uni you live and if you're willing to share a room with someone.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-10-17, 06:27

Yarwood wrote:>Asking about uni on a forum occupied by children
    Says the Toys R us employeer.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-10-17, 06:32

PureCraft wrote:

Implying I work with children xD

>Warehouse
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-10-17, 06:48

I would recommend a roomate. Rent, utilities, groceries, etc are far less of an impact on your budget if they're split with someone. I would recommend boarding with a stranger rather than an existing friend. (After all, given time a room mate is likely to BECOME a friend. Or not, maybe you'll only be passing acquaintances, which would be a shame.) Some friendships can handle being roomates...some are torn apart by it. The key to having a roomates is being sure to have similar or complimentary lifestyles. If one roomate lets dishes pile up for a week or so and one likes to wash them right away for a clean kitchen, resentment will build. (in this case, one roomate would come off as lazy and the other would come off as stuck up or a nagger). However, if the one that lets dishes pile up contributes something else to the equation (perhaps being the one to go buy the groceries) then they might be complimentary enough that the situation would work out. I was one of the fortunate ones that had a roomate arraingement work out with a good friend. (I was at the time and still am today the executor of his estate over his parents, actually).

The selection of a roomate is important, and while it worked out for us, know that more often than not friendships are ruined by being roomates rather than strengthened. If you DO choose to room with a friend rather than a stranger, do the smart thing and discuss responsibilities just as you would with a stranger...and WRITE IT DOWN. Many of the ruined friendships end up so because the individuals in question assumed that since they're friends and get along well the all would be hunky dory and they'll just slide through everything. Then over time it becomes apparent that there are certain chores NEITHER are willing to do. This is where negotiation comes in. (I'll do the dishes if you'll be willi g to be the one to go buy what we need.) But if everyone knows what's expected, there will be less room for resentment (after all, it's something you agreed to) and everything will go through easier. But the arraingements should always be open to review if one or both feel, after living it a while, that some inequity or another was overlooked before.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-10-17, 06:54

Yarwood wrote:
    PureCraft wrote:

>Warehouse
    Enjoy your fucked up back with 40.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-10-17, 07:23

PureCraft wrote:
    Yarwood wrote:
    PureCraft wrote:

>Warehouse
    Enjoy your fucked up back with 40.

Implying I still work there.... Razz
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-10-17, 08:01

Rulyon wrote:I would recommend a roomate. Rent, utilities, groceries, etc are far less of an impact on your budget if they're split with someone. I would recommend boarding with a stranger rather than an existing friend. (After all, given time a room mate is likely to BECOME a friend. Or not, maybe you'll only be passing acquaintances, which would be a shame.) Some friendships can handle being roomates...some are torn apart by it. The key to having a roomates is being sure to have similar or complimentary lifestyles. If one roomate lets dishes pile up for a week or so and one likes to wash them right away for a clean kitchen, resentment will build. (in this case, one roomate would come off as lazy and the other would come off as stuck up or a nagger). However, if the one that lets dishes pile up contributes something else to the equation (perhaps being the one to go buy the groceries) then they might be complimentary enough that the situation would work out. I was one of the fortunate ones that had a roomate arraingement work out with a good friend. (I was at the time and still am today the executor of his estate over his parents, actually).

The selection of a roomate is important, and while it worked out for us, know that more often than not friendships are ruined by being roomates rather than strengthened. If you DO choose to room with a friend rather than a stranger, do the smart thing and discuss responsibilities just as you would with a stranger...and WRITE IT DOWN. Many of the ruined friendships end up so because the individuals in question assumed that since they're friends and get along well the all would be hunky dory and they'll just slide through everything. Then over time it becomes apparent that there are certain chores NEITHER are willing to do. This is where negotiation comes in. (I'll do the dishes if you'll be willi g to be the one to go buy what we need.) But if everyone knows what's expected, there will be less room for resentment (after all, it's something you agreed to) and everything will go through easier. But the arraingements should always be open to review if one or both feel, after living it a while, that some inequity or another was overlooked before.

Very very very helpful. Thank you very much. This pretty much explained everything I needed to know. Thanks a bunch, man Very Happy

I've decided to let time decide. For the time being, I don't see myself needing one, but things change over time. This post will be kept in mind when the time for deciding comes!
    Mudkip0930
    Mudkip0930

Post by Mudkip0930 2011-10-18, 10:51

My mom's roommate in college was a phsyconificism(physicotic disorder thingy) and my mom's friend was roommates with Casey Anthony (you wont know this if you are not american. so im not looking too forward to colledge

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 04:34