Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

3 posters

Is there a Griefing Mod for this....

Hellfire1979
    Hellfire1979

Is there a Griefing Mod for this.... Empty Is there a Griefing Mod for this....

Post by Hellfire1979 2011-11-30, 23:34

This may exist; someone in game said there was such a mod. Anyway, I figured this would really help the staff and minimize the work they had to do fixing griefs.

A mod that prevented [Guest] players from manipulating other player's blocks. They could still build, using resources and blocks they gathered from the ground and stuff, but they wouldn't be allowed to actually destroy any block that another player had already manipulated. Since most griefers are people that show up as guests, grief, then disappear for good, this would eliminate the majority of griefers. The expectation of course, would be that if they stuck around long enough to make [Member], they would be less likely to grief. This won't eliminate griefers 100%, but I think you'd likely see a reduction greater than 50%.
    paradox74
    paradox74

Is there a Griefing Mod for this.... Empty Re: Is there a Griefing Mod for this....

Post by paradox74 2011-12-01, 01:04

Sounds great and all but one problem I have is that I have some friends that just recently got Into minecraft, we share a house and that could be really annoying if they couldn't even harves our farms. So unless I could type a command that would allow select guests to manipulate my blocks then I say no.
    Rardical
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Is there a Griefing Mod for this.... Empty Re: Is there a Griefing Mod for this....

Post by Rardical 2011-12-01, 01:29

Seems like a good idea but it would take away work for us staff. Idk about the others but I enjoy fixing griefs. The only annoying part is when it's multiple people griefing one thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-27, 21:00