Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+3
Pete
Orcworm
xbot668
7 posters

Clarification, a bit of help understanding.

xbot668

Clarification, a bit of help understanding. Empty Clarification, a bit of help understanding.

Post by xbot668 2011-03-09, 09:33

Hi, I'm new to minecraft. I'm simply a beginner builder, and not in the least use to mods on this game. So there are a few things I don't understand. I read the signs in the server, and I've been looking at the forums for a bit now. So I have just a few questions that I need answered.

1) How do you get gill? I understand it is the currency of the server, but I am confused as how to get it.

2) How do you zone/claim a small area for your house?

3) How do you lock chests/doors/etc?

4)If I don't zone an area, and I start building there will it be griefed/ torn down? or is it protected under the no griefing rule(I ask since I'm simply a guest in your server and have no idea.)

5) This is a random question cause I've done this on single-player: Can I dig straight down? I ask cause a few times I've done this and broken into a cave area(although it was filled with creepers spiders, and zombs, but still, lol)

Those are my building questions.

My PvP question is this

1) If I see a PKing party heading for me and I'm far from my house can I/home to get away?

Thank you for your time.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Clarification, a bit of help understanding. Empty Re: Clarification, a bit of help understanding.

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-09, 09:42

1) You will recieve 1 - 2 Gil for every minute you play on the server.

2) Only I have control over zones, prices begin at 3,000 Gil and scale upwards depending on the size of the zone, location etc.

You will also recieve a 'free' zone as part of a £5 donation to the server.

3) Chests, doors, signs and furnaces are automatically locked. If you wanted to allow specific players access to these, take a look at /lwc.

4) Morally it is protected under the "No Griefing" rule, however - griefers are always going to be around, that is why we utilise a block logging system to rollback any damage that may occur.

5) Yes, that's fine ;p.

6) You can /home whenever you wish, players are not allowed to PvP you if it requires griefing to reach you.
    Pete
    Pete

Clarification, a bit of help understanding. Empty Re: Clarification, a bit of help understanding.

Post by Pete 2011-03-09, 09:47

You get 1 gil every minute, and you can get more by working for people or selling stuff to them.

To zone a place, you need to pay gil and ask a mod+. You can also donate real money and get a free zone.

I think it's /cprivate, but I'm not really sure...

There is a chance it will get griefed, but you just need to tell us about it here, and a mod+ will go there, check who it was, ban him and rebuild your things just with a simple command. ^_^

AFAIK, digging straight down is ok, but I'm not 100% sure either.

About the PvPing; yes, you can /home to escape them, but NOT going around attacking people and then escaping.

Ninja'd.

Last edited by PetePorty on 2011-03-09, 10:16; edited 1 time in total
    xbot668

Post by xbot668 2011-03-09, 09:52

All right thank you both for the speedy response, but the answer to 1) brings up a new question. Is it acceptable for me to leave myself connected to the server for long periods in order to gain gil(AFK)?
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-09, 16:24

Um, yes and no. We used to have a plugin that kicks you if you are afk for more than 10. But if you want I think it is ok.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-09, 16:56

Some things to point out:

Orc said chests, etc are locked automatically, but it's wise to double check. I had some doors two days ago NOT lock automatically. Easiest way to check is type /cprivate and click the door. If it WAS locked, you get the message "You already registered that door!". If it WAS NOT locked...it is now.

Digging straight down is allowed, but very, VERY stupid risky. You might bust through over lava, then your goose would be cooked.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-09, 17:33

Doors dont automatically lock, unless that is a setting you have changed Ruylon.

Digging straight down can, as he said, be dangerous. Also, quite annoying for the fella walking right over it and falling to his death Smile Drop a block of dirt in the top block, and everyone will be happy Razz
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-09, 18:00

Mine automatically locked for about three weeks, stopped surfeit two days ago. I remember experimenting with the commands. Will e petulant more and report my findings.
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-03-09, 19:44

Hm, doors automaticly lock? That's new for me, I always had to do /cprivate on it. Checking if it worked is by using /cinfo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-21, 01:38