Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

5 posters

My chest shop rollbacked, stuff gone

skoglol
    skoglol

My chest shop rollbacked, stuff gone Empty My chest shop rollbacked, stuff gone

Post by skoglol 2011-03-17, 16:26

So, last night I worked on my brand new chest shop. I had just finished filling up the chests, and getting the signs working, when the server went down due to the usual timeout bullcrap. When I logged on today I returned to find all the chests, signs, doors and a whole lot of items, from both the chests and my inventory, gone. I would like to request the return of the items, as they were a bit valuable. Here's the list of what I can remember is missing:

153x Bookcase
    64x Diamond
    64x Coal
    27x Bread
    64x Netherrack
    30x Gold Ingot
    64x Brown Mushroom
    64x Red Mushroom
    About 15 stacks each of Dirt and Cobblestone

Thanks Very Happy
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

My chest shop rollbacked, stuff gone Empty Re: My chest shop rollbacked, stuff gone

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-17, 16:27

I went over there and I saw in the logs a chest was once there same with some signs. No appearence of the removale..
    skoglol
    skoglol

My chest shop rollbacked, stuff gone Empty Re: My chest shop rollbacked, stuff gone

Post by skoglol 2011-03-17, 16:43

Yeah, something fishy happened. I replaced the door to the inner room, and the protection from the old door was still there Laughing But then again, I guess that's xyz based and would stick regardless of a slight rollback.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-18, 07:28

This is not resolved yet, if any of you had that impression Laughing

And I know this is a double post, so you dont have to make 2+ posts to make me aware of it. This serves as a bump.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-18, 07:33

I'm thinking from now on players should provide screenshot evidence of what they had. I'm not saying you're lying but you could just as easily state you had lost said items when you hadn't.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-18, 07:35

I'm not sure how I could accomplish that, as I cant go around knowing when the server will accidentally rollback Shocked
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-18, 07:37

Well, you should screenshot every item you own, obviously ;p.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-18, 07:42

And then if I remove/add something, take a new screenshot? Sounds quite unreasonable to me. I'm not sure how sophisticated the chest logs are, but if you're looking for proof of ownership, send one of your minions to check the withdrawal logs of my home (that would be the castle) chests last night.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-18, 07:45

Well, that post didn't translate well it seems.

Edit: As Jarvisd said, the log showed no-one else accessing a chest apart from you.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-18, 07:48

Gaw, a rollback due to server crash wouldn't SHOW someone removing said items... dur. Razz
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-18, 07:53

Well of course, those where the shop chests. They vanished with the rollback, along with the items inside.
    As I said, I'm not sure how detailed the log on chests are. The chests at my castle, where I picked up my missing items, would show withdrawal logs of the items on this list. That is, of course, if the log even show what items were removed.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-18, 07:54

There is no chest logging system, only block logging - in other words it will show who opened a chest, who made a chest and who broke a chest, that's it.
    skoglol
    skoglol

Post by skoglol 2011-03-18, 07:57

Ah, shame.. Well, I'm outta ideas. Unless you have eidetic memory orc, I seem to remember you snooping around in my chests a week or so back Cool
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-18, 08:04

Go into SP, build a place exactly like your home, InvEdit your stuff and screenshot it. Awesomez
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-03-18, 08:17

PetePorty wrote:Go into SP, build a place exactly like your home, InvEdit your stuff and screenshot it. Awesomez

Or you could just download the map.

Edit: Solved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-20, 09:18