Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+3
gamemaster1494
Grintendo
Giygas
7 posters

Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff.

Giygas
    Giygas

Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff. Empty Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff.

Post by Giygas 2011-07-17, 08:52

Basicly what the title says.

I have alot of trouble if someone in Acheron gets banned to unlock their stuff... well because I can't unlock it. I have to either ask Orcworm or Filler, who has got access to Orcworm's Salami account, to unlock stuff. Now my idea is, why can't you make it so that if a player gets banned that their stuff gets unlocked automaticly.

I know it would suck if the player appeals and get a second chance, but that should be considered a motivation to NOT get banned in the first place.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff. Empty Re: Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff.

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-17, 09:23

Sometimes bans are issued as a warning. For the intent for an appeal to happen so they learn their lesson. Let's not become so "lock them up, and throw away the key" minded. And even if this was to happen, their chests would be destroyed, not unlocked. Like imagine an X-Rayer's chests being unlocked. If you find his home, you hit the mother lode...
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff. Empty Re: Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff.

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-07-17, 15:21

hmm.... then allow staff to unlock them. I have a rule that if your banned u loose your plot no mater what. If you want i'll burn the stuff. =B
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-17, 18:55

Or just //set 0 =D
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-07-18, 00:55

Albuca wrote:Or just //set 0 =D

Locked air anyone? ;p
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-07-18, 04:19

Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff. Tumblr_lnl5kztQiN1qd9d91
    You don't want more corrupted chunks/whatever?
    EDIT: Fuck you Orcworm.
    gamemaster1494
    gamemaster1494
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by gamemaster1494 2011-07-18, 06:15

lol. that reminds me i gotta figure out how to get into console to give me back my corrupted chest items >.<
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-18, 08:48

Orcworm wrote:

Locked air anyone? ;p

Ignore that, bad idea.
    Oh hey look, a flying pig!
    Suggestion about unlocking banned players stuff. Animated+pig
    *ducks and hides*
    Giygas
    Giygas

Post by Giygas 2011-07-18, 18:49

Grintendo wrote:Sometimes bans are issued as a warning. For the intent for an appeal to happen so they learn their lesson. Let's not become so "lock them up, and throw away the key" minded. And even if this was to happen, their chests would be destroyed, not unlocked. Like imagine an X-Rayer's chests being unlocked. If you find his home, you hit the mother lode...

Ban as warning? You are talking about temporary bans right? I am speaking of permanently banned players. I mean if they are banned so they will never ever be able to join the server again, why leaving their chests/doors/blocks locked? But I gotta agree about the 'removing chests instead of unlocking them', it'd be better so no one gets an advantage out of that (Like getting all the diamonds an X-Rayer found).
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-07-18, 22:56

Were talking about, a perma ban so they come to the forums and appeal and we give them a 2nd chance.
    That kinda stuff.
    Honeypot's for example are permabans.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-07-19, 00:12

Permanent ban isn't always permanent. Like Albuca said, Honeypot being the main reason behind such bans.
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-07-19, 03:17

you asshole stole my spawn trap >:C

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-21, 01:59