Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

5 posters

Man Vs. Minecraft - Ciphon edition

Ciphon
    Ciphon

Man Vs. Minecraft - Ciphon edition Empty Man Vs. Minecraft - Ciphon edition

Post by Ciphon 2011-09-29, 11:16

hello all, I am unsure how many of you have heard of the youtube video series, "man vs. minecraft" but after watching it with my friend, i decided to try my hand at survival. here's the first video of the series here where he explains the rules and everything:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfFwCZ1J-bY

so basicly im going to try and survive for as long as i can using the same rules as this guy did, however I don't know how to record my computer, so im writing about it in sort of a "story" thing, hence the category of the forums its in. And I'm apperently not nearly as good as the guy in the video, because I've only managed to survive 4 days, while he has survived 14... and ill try to provide screenshots of my shelters when i can... well without further ado, here we go:

Prefix: I was dropped off on the island for one mission and 1 mission only, survive at all costs. This is minecraft Iron man mode. I have to eat twice a day, and can ONLY eat twice a day; Once in the morning once at night, otherwise I die. I have to have a drink of freshwater every day (found in ponds not oceans). If I am killed, that is the end of this world, it gets deleted, and it’s done. And I can only ever break the first (or rarely second) layer of any blocks. And the only blocks I can ever place, are crafting benches, furnaces, and torches (and even with furnaces and crafting benches, I can place a maximum of 1 in each shelter). I can only carry 12 of any items with me and only fill up 18 of my inventory slots. Also I can only craft stone and wood tools. And I have to travel to a new biome every day, and find a new shelter every day. I will survive for as long as I can. And I will try to provide screenshots of my shelters when I can.

Day 1:

Night 1:

Day 2:

Night 2:

Day 3:

Night 3:
    Day 4:
    That was the end of my first adventure. The world is now deleted, and my record is 4 days.

GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Man Vs. Minecraft - Ciphon edition Empty Re: Man Vs. Minecraft - Ciphon edition

Post by GaMerG77 2011-09-29, 11:47

"It's getting dark, time to drink my own piss."
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-09-29, 12:16

get camtasia studio 7 or fraps. or camstudio, thats free but mildly shitty
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-09-29, 12:33

How about some Macintosh compatible ones Eh?
    G
    G

Post by G 2011-09-29, 13:00

Razz

Not the lolmacs again
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-09-29, 13:36

oh nvm found a pretty nice one, and it was free too, it records easily, only problem is i have to have my computer in the lowest resolution ever for it to work... but other than that its a great program, if i ever do this again, ill record it so yea...
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-09-30, 12:54

DISCLAIMER: I am not trying to offend anyone or be mean in anyway, please note.

Ciphon: "Night 1: I realize there is only 1 problem to my small lit up cave, I can’t see what time it is outside, and if I can’t eat before the next night, I will die. Then an idea occurred to me, the little hole was against the hills edge, so this cave might be too, I manage to find a spot where after breaking 2 layers, I have found a single hole to the outside world. Now I can remain in my shelter and keep track of the time. I craft up my tools for the next day, and figure out what I need, and what can be disposed to keep my pack lighter."

Ciphon, check the slashed part of your quote and remember that you are in a stone cave...

According to official Man vs. Minecraft rules, (www.manvsminecraft.com) you can dig 1 layer of stone (then 2 of dirt and 3 of sand/gravel...) only. You were done on Night 1 because you dug 2 layers of stone. I know now that a lot of you guys on the forums reading this are going to be annoyed at me now, but I do hold Ciphon to a High Standard. I also don't mean to be picky, mean or anything of that matter, Ciphon. So anyway, can't wait for Season 2! And before then, you should check the rules again... Very Happy Very Happy
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-09-30, 13:04

sorry for confusion there Razz, i broke 1 stone, and there was grass behind it, so i broke the grass and that led to the hole to the outside world. Because the outside hill wasn't made of stone, i just dug out the grass. i dont know if thats entirely sticking to the "perfect world survival rules" but i didnt see anything against breaking 1 stone and 1 dirt.
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-09-30, 13:16

Ciphon wrote:sorry for confusion there Razz, i broke 1 stone, and there was grass behind it, so i broke the grass and that led to the hole to the outside world. Because the outside hill wasn't made of stone, i just dug out the grass. i dont know if thats entirely sticking to the "perfect world survival rules" but i didnt see anything against breaking 1 stone and 1 dirt.

Oh, sorry for that then. Laughing That pushes it, but it is completely fine. Sorry!
    Next time, make sure to distinguish that! Very Happy
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-09-30, 13:34

this time im actually doing it in video so you can see the entire thing

check out this topic: https://orcworm.forumotion.co.uk/t5010-man-vs-minecraft-ciphon-edition
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-09-30, 13:52

Awesome, Cip! A bit laggy though Sad ...maybe we could find a way to fix that...
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-09-30, 13:57

That's about as good as it gets with a free screen recorder I'm afraid. Unless you wanna "lend" me $30 that's as good as it gets.
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-09-30, 14:01

I think you could just do the story thing with lots of screenshots...at least that is what I am going to try to do.

By the way, I died today at Night 4...I mistakenly went out for some stone, broke it, and fell into a gaping pit of lava. I learned how it was to become obsidian.
    I'm so ashamed! Sad
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-09-30, 14:04

But it's easier to do the video and adds more of a dramatic effect to it

And I'm sorry to hear you died, tell me more about it tomorrow though. An I'll try to post up new videos of my adventure daiy aswell

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-06, 23:22