Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+6
Orcworm
Lizardman
GaMerG77
FillerB
darkxephos
Vespasian
10 posters

Moderator Rules in New Server

Vespasian
    Vespasian

Moderator Rules in New Server Empty Moderator Rules in New Server

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-04, 05:50

Most of the changes in the new server seem intended to prevent people from getting tens of thousands of gil by just playing a lot. That's fair enough.

However, the problem is that now moderators, admins and other OP powers are even more powerful.

Think about the only ways you can lose gil/ items and assets in the game:

1. Other people kill you and take your stuff: you lose whatever you were carrying, as well as the 23 gil or whatever you lose for dying

2. Mobs kill you at night/ you fall in lava or something : again, you lose your items and 23 gil or a percentage of your total gil

Well, mods can use /god and /heal whenever they feel like it, so bam, suddenly there is NO way for moderators to actually lose gil or items.

That alone unbalances the server mechanics and biases it hugely toward moderators. Today I checked the top money, and what a surprise, Lizardman is number 1, with 8000 gil. The third richest was at 1500 gil or something. The server has been up for less than 20 hours and already someone has the same amount of money as sixteen starting players? So much for stopping people from abusing the system to get tons of gil out of the gate.

It took me around three months of regular work on the old server to get to 21 000 gil. Now Lizardman has half that amount, simply because he showed up a few weeks ago and was made moderator, which is an invaluable advantage in the new server.

Not only that, but the new City council system. Who wants to bet on how many of the city councillors will be moderators, admins, and the like? The incomes from the cities will probably be huge. Of course this was a problem in the last server as well, with people like Battlekid abusing the system by making Stockade, or a giant plugin made city, and then raking in the cash from it.

darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Moderator Rules in New Server Empty Re: Moderator Rules in New Server

Post by darkxephos 2011-04-04, 06:01

i agree it should be balanced out so as theres none of this stupid gil shit
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-04-04, 06:03

Mods/Admins who repeatably abuse commands for personal gain will soon find out that they can't use those commands for very much longer. If you catch my drift.

I will personally make sure that staff will not have an overbearing influence on the Councils or city development. We will provide the basics, you guys take everything from there. All rent must be used for city purposes (and as such is NOT mandatory. If Council doesn't want people to pay rent, they dont have to.)
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-04-04, 06:03

Mods dont have /god but Lizard is still somehow racking up on them and only says "Hax" on how he gets them. Also Uh-oh Dark is on...Dark PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get better grammar and capitalization.

Last edited by GaMerG77 on 2011-04-04, 06:04; edited 1 time in total
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-04, 06:04

Look in the off-topic for how I get my money. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with being a moderator.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-04-04, 06:06

dont like capitals
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-04-04, 06:07

OMG, Just please try to like them. It's sad seeing someone with the number of posts you have and NOT have proper grammar or capitalization.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-04, 06:21

Vespasian wrote:

1. Other people kill you and take your stuff: you lose whatever you were carrying, as well as the 23 gil or whatever you lose for dying

2. Mobs kill you at night/ you fall in lava or something : again, you lose your items and 23 gil or a percentage of your total gil

Well, mods can use /god and /heal whenever they feel like it, so bam, suddenly there is NO way for moderators to actually lose gil or items.

Mods do not have /heal, they have no need for it.

Mods have /god to protect themselves whilst handling situations such as grief.

You will lose 23Gil when you die if you had 2300Gil prior to it, not 500Gil like a new player would.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-04-04, 07:29

Also, Moderators need some kind of advantage, considering all the time you spend mining, mods spend fixing grief, banning people, answering questions and making sure everything works just fine.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-04-04, 07:31

Actually, I answer most questions.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-04-04, 07:45

Yeah ok, GamerG. :3
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-04, 07:49

Gamer... would you kindly stop whining and grow up already? This is getting annoying and you know what happens if im angry...
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-04-04, 07:57

You flunk your exams? Get back to learning grammar Pinky. The grammarnazi COMMANDS IT!
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-04, 08:04

PureCraft wrote:Gamer... would you kindly stop whining and grow up already? This is getting annoying and you know what happens if im angry...

>Purecraft saying "grow up already"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-04, 08:12

/me logs ib the console and types stop, cya in 20 secounds <3
    @Filler multitasking ftw
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-04, 08:30

Lizardman is now at 19 700 gil! Though by the time you read this, it will probably be 20 000 at least.

That's around 2000 gil for every single hour the new server has been up. Hell a job there, Lizardman.

Oh, and Chris11234 has 8000 gil, and Demon_Cat 5000 gil. But their numbers are pretty static, whereas Lizardman's never stops going up, kind of like Enron stock.

I guess we can declare the changes intended to prevent people from getting tons of money fast to be a complete and utter failure.

Instead, all usher in the new era of "Lizardman having more gil than the rest of the server put together!" Very Happy
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-04, 08:32

Great, The_Lizardman found a way to make money. You've made your point Vespasian, and changes have been made. Are we done here?
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-04, 08:33

Uh, what kind of changes exactly?

In the time it took me to write the previous post, Lizardman went from 19 700 gil to 21 800 gil.

2000 gil in 2 minutes. Those changes aren't maybe working yet.

Can we at least hear HOW he managed to make money? Was it exploiting a glitch? Is he going to be allowed to keep all the money he got this way?

Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-04-04, 08:35

You know what? I'm tired of reading your complaints about his money, Vespassian. They're AWARE of the situation. Give them time to fix it. So what if people have figured out how to make that much money? It just means they're SMART. Any future posts about people gathering money so quick will be locked.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-04, 08:38

Rulyon wrote:You know what? I'm tired of reading your complaints about his money, Vespassian. They're AWARE of the situation. Give them time to fix it. So what if people have figured out how to make that much money? It just means they're SMART. Any future posts about people gathering money so quick will be locked.

Just let me get this straight: one of the primary reasons for resetting the server, if not THE most important reason, was that the economy was completely trashed.

That's fair enough.

But literally on the first day of the new server, where all the money everyone had spent months earning was wiped away, a few people have clearly found a way to exploit the system. But this isn't a problem that people are allowed to talk about? Even asking HOW they're doing it is forbidden?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-04-04, 08:40

Vespasian wrote:Uh, what kind of changes exactly?

In the time it took me to write the previous post, Lizardman went from 19 700 gil to 21 800 gil.

2000 gil in 2 minutes. Those changes aren't maybe working yet.

Can we at least hear HOW he managed to make money? Was it exploiting a glitch? Is he going to be allowed to keep all the money he got this way?

I suggest you take it to PM with him. He has just as many commands as you do, economy wise.

No-one has stated you weren't allowed to discuss it, and The_Lizardman has openly made a topic regarding it.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-04-04, 08:42

That was what I was getting at. There's a place for everything, Liz is being open about it and telling you how to do it too. There's "talking about it" then there's "Complaining about it and making demands". You're doing the later... in two different threads. Keep it to one, please, and stop spamming the forums.
    Vespasian
    Vespasian

Post by Vespasian 2011-04-04, 09:00

Rulyon wrote:That was what I was getting at. There's a place for everything, Liz is being open about it and telling you how to do it too. There's "talking about it" then there's "Complaining about it and making demands". You're doing the later... in two different threads. Keep it to one, please, and stop spamming the forums.

News to me. Whenever somebody asked, he just said he sold stuff. He even made a thread in off topic saying "I just sell stuff."
    canuck268

Post by canuck268 2011-04-04, 09:09

I say who cares. All thats gunna hppen is this server will grow for months and months, and will be refreshed again. I dont mind the idea, but because of this new server and all that shit hat happens... i am starting to feel why the fuck bother anymore. There will always be griefing, always be cheating, and no one will stop. All that was fun was having the places to see and people to kill... we are months away from that so yah. Maybe ill see u guys in a few months if i feel like it. Quit complaining and let him earn his gil if its fair... maybe people should spend more time making real money and not fake money anyways hahahah
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-04-04, 09:14

STFU Vesp... you don't make yourself friends that way here...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-15, 10:11