Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+4
Kn16h7
Baldymoint7
Imir31d
krios101
8 posters

Not just another zombie story

krios101

Not just another zombie story Empty Not just another zombie story

Post by krios101 2011-05-06, 09:34

Ok so zombies invasion is pretty much the most overused genre but never the less it's still fun to write about. Ok so the basic premise is sometime between 2012 and 2014 a criminal organisation known as Necros has deployed a bio-weapon which depletes the higher capabilities of the human brain and the basic primordial human functions take over, i.e kill anyone on sight who doesn't look like you and try to convert them to what you are, also the vocal cords become damaged and the only communication that can be made is through a series of grunts, moans and drawn-out moaning. Anyway the setting is in the UK and this is used as a test for further deployment across the superpowers including Russia, Europe, Most of asia and North America in the long run, now the main character, (modelled after my charming looks) is the lead protagonist,with his closest childhood friend at the heart of all this alongside him and he discovers something that has been kept secret ever since the dawn of humankind.

Anyway Where i'm struggling is the fact that this group called necros has planed for a 'cure' to this disease yet this compound wont cure the disease it's premise is to allow a pre-determined genetic rewrite of the human brain, this means that after this cure has been deployed the brain will undergo an intellectual re-write resulting in a drastic change whether this is change in belief or a change preference of t-shirt colour what I need is suggestions for what will happen, but it needs to be related to the fact that brain function will change drastically and it will have a major impact on the human race as a whole if deployed. If you are asking for the limitations of what can be done then simply there is none, the technology used here is alien tech that fell into the wrong hands, use that.

Also whilst I have may have this whole thing set out i'm still open to general story ideas and please make them original nothing cliched or anything but stuff I can actually use, the basic premise is a zombie story but everything else is changed. Finally i'm not sure whether this should be a normal story or an RP but i'm more leaning to a story side since that's what i'm better at.
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Not just another zombie story Empty Re: Not just another zombie story

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-06, 09:43

i think it would make a very interesting RP that would be great fun to participate in Very Happy, but relating back to this 'Cure' it could have subtle mind control influences that Necros use to model the world to there desires and will. or you can cure the infection, one bullet at a time Razz
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-05-06, 10:24

I accually read that whole thing 0.o. I'd participate in this and would very much like to see the ending.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-06, 14:07

Cure effect idea: what if it wipes the memory of those who take it? could be as far back as we become primitive again, or just as simple as everyone in the world is just like "Who are you? where am i?" or maybe make it where its a random occurrence, it happens but how far back it goes is different for each person
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-05-06, 18:10

Well I'd like to keep this a story based thing but I may let it become Semi-linear with a few characters but a few scenes must stand,but here's another bit of information to work with, Necros is a world-wide criminal organisation who is out to hire, they mainly operate in the middle-east and throughout asia but they have been known for attacks on the US and UK. The first initial bio-weapon reverts them to pretty much cavemen mentality but it pretty much kills the host once active inside, I like to see them as similar to the feral ghouls of the fallout series which is the closest thing I can relate them to but they have limited hunting knowledge so they know what to do at least. Please feel free to add more suggestions as i'm still in the process of adding the final touches to my story.
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-06, 19:40

or the cure could be genuine, but necros are selling it for unrealistic prices, this could then open a new thread in the story where a group of survivors are forced to fight through zombies and necros guards to infiltrate Necros headquarters in an attempt to steal the cure...
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-05-07, 09:13

OK then I have a prologue written up ready to go but I have 2 separate prologues, one written from the main character reflecting on his past and himself being caught up in a unknown future conflict and another is just a short teaser prologue so which one to use?
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-07, 11:25

if it is something you intend to publish at a later date, go with the brief summary, to minimise someone else stealing your content, but if you are just planning on making a detailed intricate rp then go with the bulky detailed one Very Happy
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-05-07, 11:34

Krios...I could help possibly...please? I'm a Pro at making "short storys" and would like to contribute a couple paragraphs PM to tell me if you would like my help or not.
    danjlake
    danjlake

Not just another zombie story Empty I heard this before

Post by danjlake 2011-05-08, 07:15

This sounds an awful lot like Deadrising or Resident Evil, yet I still would want to see it happen
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-05-08, 08:49

OK then I'll have the prologue ready to be written up and i'm going to post it here tomorrow please note it's semi-finalized so it may not be perfect first time through so feel free to suggest changes to it I can implent.
    Ciphon
    Ciphon

Post by Ciphon 2011-05-11, 10:07

haha krios i made a story like this once, except mine was about a business that manipulated people's minds when they fell asleep. basicly what they did was wait for people to fall asleep, mess with their mind when it was in its weakest state, and make them obey any commands without stopping to contemplate them. its all so about a small group of people that were immune to the powers of the company, and were trying to overthrow it and bring balance back to the world, as you could imagine, that would be quite a challenge.

... i never actually finished the story though
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-11, 10:16

Then make it a rtoleplay, and everyone here can help Very Happy

bnot nessacery, if for copyright reasons you'd rather it private, then by all means, good luck with it though, and i think it would be a riveting read, you must let me see it sometime Very Happy
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-05-12, 04:18

Ok then I'm torn between doing an RP or doing it in a story form, I'd like to do it as a story where i'm in control of what goes on but I want to do an RP where everyone does the story themselves adds little pieces to it but I get my say on what stuff occurs and the like and major plot events, obviously doing an RP is better but it takes more time and dedication where as with a story I could just do a chapter or two at the pace I want so i'm still mulling it over over what to do but expect something at least by the weekend or something.

Edit: Ok so I guess everyone has been waiting patiently so here's what I'm going to do...

Krios; wary from the long journey through the countryside was tempted by the prospect of the empty houses which remained relatively untouched aside from the occasional prospector who searched the house in hopes of finding something of value left, and the comfy beds which had long been disused.
    "Sure we can stop off here?" Asked one of the stragglers who trailed behind a few feet away brandishing a menacing looking AR-15 which had signs of personalisation all over it.
    "It's too quiet which usually means a bad thing; scout the localised area and see if there is anything useful, encounter any infected give the usual dosage of decapitation" Replied Krios with his usual relaxed but authoritative tone.
    "Ok then mov-" His sentence cut short by the sudden appearance of a gaping hole in the head of the straggler who spoke earlier, he fell down on his knees and died in an instant.
    Soon war cries were heard and followed by automated gunfire. Reacting in a instant the group took cover behind some cars and returned the favour.
    "FUCK! where did they come from?"
    "All I know is we don't start shooting shit now we're gonna be seeing old bob very soon!"
    Krios caught off guard by the sudden gunfight that was ensuing struggled to get focused, he popped out of cover and a sole patronising click was the only thing that greeted him, He slid back into the false sanctuary of cover and fumbled for some ammo he had in his bag, his hand shaking from the adrenaline rush that just kicked in, he tried to place it in the slot but it slid out and fell a few feet away.
    "Shit, shit SHIT!" Krios said to himself in panic as he leant down to reach it he fell down and felt something fly past his ear; the previous marksman was coming back for more and It seemed like he wasn't going to miss a second time.

BAM! Just a little preview of what I can do in around 20 minutes I might include this at a later date but doesn't really reveal much spoiler wise. Just to keep you interested in the project.
    strpr0wng

Post by strpr0wng 2011-05-13, 08:23

next chapter, nao.
    timeer2
    timeer2
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by timeer2 2011-05-16, 19:21

Little did the Necros know about 2012.
    krios101

Post by krios101 2011-05-20, 05:32

"Cure the world they said,more like fuck it over ten times through, Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to the end of the whole god damn world..." Announced the lonely man, to an audience of ghosts raising his bottle of vodka in a mock toast of victory.

He was an actor in a past life, yet it seemed a whole world away compared to what was now. The screaming, the bloodshed the death, it was the norm. No matter what death was always there; every time you felt someone was watching, that unnerving feeling of being followed, yet you dare to look out of the corner of your eye, that basic primal instinct, for looking where you shouldn't, death will creep up on you, the smell of decaying corpses and the sight of evil itself and a single touch...

The actor, the ghost of another life took his vodka bottle from his victory pose and brought it down to eye level. He eyeballed it and took the last slug of what was left. Trying to forget the sorrows of the day, petty raiders, looking for something of value. They rule the streets, anything they find they take no questions asked, no witnesses. Thats how they do things. An unfortunate survivor he was like the many remnants that were still alive. Survivors guilt. Nothing more.

He saw an old service revolver on the floor and picked it up, he felt the power he had in his hands, and a thought occurred to him. (Is it really that easy?). Raising the revolver to his head he pulled the trigger, but the instant before he died, something in the corner of his eye appeared, a demonic smile was the last thing he saw.

Ok so thats my prologue, well part of it anyway I'll have the remainder posted up sometime later hopefully tonight if I can. So tell me what do you think?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 03:39