Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+4
GaMerG77
menaceofri
DoughnutSpanker
mc_userhelp
8 posters

Tp killing?

mc_userhelp
    mc_userhelp
    Donator
    Donator

Tp killing? Empty Tp killing?

Post by mc_userhelp 2011-07-02, 08:46

So I was playing minecraft then Chat_deau wanted to buy a plot (he never actually wanted to buy a plot) so I said im selling plots. I asked him if he wanted a tp so he said yes then he wanted me to tp pewphew to him so then i asked him if he wanted to tp to chat and he said yes so then they walked out of the city and they asked me if they could build there so i had to come and see, so I did so I checked the land and it was ok, so then I stoped to say a message on the chat bar and they killed me and i had lost all the stuff I had (diamonds, lapiz etc.) all because of this tp he asked for.

ps. all i want is my stuff back
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Tp killing? Empty Re: Tp killing?

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-07-02, 10:24

Uh, try adding periods, commas, and hitting enter. Kinda hard to read. :/

And, it depends on how long they waited if its classified as a TP kill. (amiright?)
    menaceofri
    menaceofri

Post by menaceofri 2011-07-02, 10:36

no there is no timer on it for it to be tp killing. if they got there through there own tp to him it would be illegal. If im not mistaken though its not actually illegal to kill someone even if you ask them to tp you to them.. it just makes you a giant D bag.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-07-02, 11:52

Anyone who "waits" and think they can go scot free should be banned, how does waiting change whether it's legal or not?
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-07-02, 12:13

GaMerG77 wrote:Anyone who "waits" and think they can go scot free should be banned, how does waiting change whether it's legal or not?

Believe it or not, it used to (May still, too lazy to look) be in the rules that if there was a certain amount of time between the TP and the Kill then it was legal.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-07-02, 12:35

DoughnutSpanker wrote:
    GaMerG77 wrote:Anyone who "waits" and think they can go scot free should be banned, how does waiting change whether it's legal or not?

Believe it or not, it used to (May still, too lazy to look) be in the rules that if there was a certain amount of time between the TP and the Kill then it was legal.

Yeah, I know it used to, but not anymore ( or atleast I hope not ).
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-07-02, 12:38

The reason behind that timer was to make completely sure the other person knew the TPer was present, so he could arm himself and defend.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-07-02, 12:42

Pete wrote:The reason behind that timer was to make completely sure the other person knew the TPer was present, so he could arm himself and defend.
    That's like watching someone who is new join and Tp to them and wait to kill them, no defense except their hand.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-07-02, 13:05

We don't have a timer, and if you can't read his OP or understand it, don't bother posting. It was a tphere peter so how could he not be aware of them being there?
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-07-02, 13:21

I'm talking about why we used to have that rule, since they were all like "IDK why the hell we had that rule!". Also, HE TP'd to them, and they killed him...

EDIT: Anyways, since no answer was yet given; I'll give you one.
    Rules wrote:- You may only teleport (to) someone if you have express approval of all parties involved with the teleportation.
    --- Failure to do so gives the players you teleported (to) the inalienable right to immediately kill you and/or request a demotion.

Therefore, since all parties involved had approved the TP, they did NOT have the right to kill you, and therefore, they broke the rules.
    chat_deau

Post by chat_deau 2011-07-02, 16:15

I am sorry for this, i thought that it was allowed. The previous day Phun(something) teleported us and showed me around his plots and he is a donator, he killed me and pewtehpew. So we took this as example and today we attacked you.

Sorry for this I will replace your items and give you some diamonds as compensation, I hope you can forgive us.
    PINGASFIST
    PINGASFIST
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by PINGASFIST 2011-07-02, 23:04

Well it seems like an honest mistake has been made here on the part of chat_deau, and if MC_userhelp is willing to accept what seems like a sincere apology and the replacement of his equipment with compensation, I think we can consider this a warning, chat_deau.

I strongly recommend that you peruse the rules as soon as you have the time.
    mc_userhelp
    mc_userhelp
    Donator
    Donator

Post by mc_userhelp 2011-07-02, 23:16

I've felt the way Chat has felt before but I dont really remember killing anyone except SergentPineapple but its okay and I had the money to replace the stuff I had lost so dont worry
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-07-03, 02:03

So... Phun(something) TP killed them...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-14, 07:30