Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

3 posters

Need some help with some mods for MC 1.2(downgraded version SP)

GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Need some help with some mods for MC 1.2(downgraded version SP) Empty Need some help with some mods for MC 1.2(downgraded version SP)

Post by GoDjMike 2011-03-01, 10:41

I was just wondering if anyone who is really good with installing mods could help me out w/ installing SDK's Gun Mod for SP or multi(that would be awesome for my server). If anyone could help, like possibly doing it for me on Team-viewer or Skype or something. It would grant you my never ending gratitude and idk a shoutout in one of my Let's Plays on my YouTube channel. Just really frustrated that I cannot get it working and would like some help. Thanks.
    Pete
    Pete

Need some help with some mods for MC 1.2(downgraded version SP) Empty Re: Need some help with some mods for MC 1.2(downgraded version SP)

Post by Pete 2011-03-01, 10:44

You have never installed any mod at all? If you know how to use IRC, join irc.freenode.net and join the channel #wesnoth, I'll be there, if you contact me, I''ll teach you how to do it.. (I know how to do it on Windows and Linux, if you're on a Mac, I'm sorry... Sad)
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Need some help with some mods for MC 1.2(downgraded version SP) Empty Re: Need some help with some mods for MC 1.2(downgraded version SP)

Post by GoDjMike 2011-03-01, 10:53

Thanks, I've installed plenty of mods before ex. hMod,and plenty of SP ones. I'm just having trouble with this one in particular. And IRC? No idea what that is, cannot seem to find direct link to what you're talking about.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-01, 10:56

IRC is Internet Relay Chat, it's the most simple chat system, irc.freenode.net is the server you had to connect and join channel #wesnoth to cotact me, but.. "oh well". Anyways; what exactly are you having trouble with? What error do you get? What's wrong? Is there a README inside the mod?
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-03-01, 11:06

Its not that I'm getting any errors after install for the server mod. That part is way too simple to screw up when you're running hMod. My main problem is that after restarting the server and reloading the files through the console that nothing happens. The properties files are in the correct destination. It's just that it's like I did not even install it. Server opens fine and runs properly but the mod does not work. The crafting recipes shown in the thread don't work either. Just taking a guess, would I also have to install the mod for the client for the mod to work properly? Because I haven't had to do that w/ any other mod.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-01, 11:22

You need to mod your client for it to work on the server, mate. If not you should get a 200 error, probably in some file I'm too lazy to look for... But yes, you need to mod your client for it to work.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-01, 11:54

Is this a mod or a plugin?
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-03-01, 12:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-01, 12:59

Ah, I can't help you then tongue
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-01, 14:40

What do you mean, I already helped him; you need to have it on both the client and server.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-01, 14:44

PetePorty wrote:What do you mean, I already helped him; you need to have it on both the client and server.
    Oh, I didn't read your post, my bad. That's probably why you lock topics tongue
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-01, 14:53

I don't lock topics when they're solved; it's much better to derail something that is already solved than something which isn't, it's Pure and Orc who lock them. I only lock for major trolling by guests/members and for massive flame.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-03-01, 15:05

PetePorty wrote:I don't lock topics when they're solved; it's much better to derail something that is already solved than something which isn't, it's Pure and Orc who lock them. I only lock for major trolling by guests/members and for massive flame.
    Ah, now I understand. I've actually always been against locking a thread after it's solved. It never gives the person asking the question a chance to follow up.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-01, 15:09

I also like receiving a "Thanks" after helping people. Razz So yeah, no moar locks... Hey Orc, will you make me forum dev/admin already? >.<

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-21, 04:59