Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

2 posters

DDoS attacks, lets get the facts straight.

redjello
    Banned
    Banned

DDoS attacks, lets get the facts straight. Empty DDoS attacks, lets get the facts straight.

Post by redjello 2011-05-29, 01:16

The truth.

Last known DDoS attack 10:51 US eastern time from the IP 200.35.182.233

There are FOUR people behind this DDoS attack, three of them are morons one of them is unknown

the people we do know
    Adrix300: Adrix claims to be clueless on the subject, we've spoken to him personally.

I will not be adding additional info to Adrix seeing as he seems legitimately clueless

Grumblepuss Claims to know very little on the subject however I believe was aware before the attack.

Grumblepuss additional info

Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    IP 76.4.165.45

Bzar: It is believed that Bzars friend who is actually doing the attack, this is the person who will suffer the most out of the
    known three.

Bzar additional info

Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    IP 72.224.13.136

Internet crime does include Cyber attacks. such offenses are considered Federal offenses and these people can be prosecuted in the court of law and serve up to 2 years each and possibly an outstanding fine. The fourth person who is actually the one doing the attack will serve prison time most likely much longer then the former three.

What is a DDoS attack?: A DDoS attack is a Denial of service attack performed by multiple individuals on a target site by flooding the server with TCP packets, UDP packets, or HTTP requests with the intention of disrupting the service of a particular host. In basic terms a DDoS attack will eat mass amounts of bandwidth.

Facts about the three we know.
    We have the internet providers and current IP addresses of the three known conspirators.

IF you have any FACTS about any of these three people or the more anonymous fourth person who actually conducted the attack, please post here. This thread is made to gather all of the known facts and relevancy's for all to read, and is not intended for chatting.

I will update this post on this thread gathering as much information as possible on this subject. You most likely will not actually have to read any posts under this one.

Last edited by redjello on 2011-05-29, 03:25; edited 9 times in total
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

DDoS attacks, lets get the facts straight. Empty Re: DDoS attacks, lets get the facts straight.

Post by Jarvisd 2011-05-29, 06:43

Baldymoint7 wrote:OK I stopped after Yarwood asked me too. I won't report to the FBI unless this gets out of hand.

Have you read the FBI form? It involves a lot more than that email contact form.
    But if someone wants to do it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , it would be better if an American Citizen did it. If you file a complaint with that form they have to do something, as it is a legal complaint..

But I don't think what they did caused damage and like ves said they won't really care:

Closest case I found for a 'DDOS' was by a company in San Fransico and they were charged for breaking this law:

18 U.S.C. §§ 1030(a)(5)(A) & (c)(4)(A:

Cited: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Though I think since Bzar has done it enough, they could have caused enough damage as in made the host or w/e pay alot as they are taking a lot of bandwith up. As stated below, damage can be anything Ie Lost revenue [Donation] time wasted assesing dmage [Yep] But the real question is if anyone really wants to take it that far because every person gets a trial and one of you would have to be the complaining witness.

If you plan to try to figure out what that federal law is stating you will probably want to read this:

Spoiler:

Current date/time is 2024-05-03, 08:38