Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

2 posters

Man vs. Minecraft - Fireboy5115, The Journey of

Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Man vs. Minecraft - Fireboy5115, The Journey of Empty Man vs. Minecraft - Fireboy5115, The Journey of

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-10-02, 06:39

Alright, it is time for my journey in Man Vs. Minecraft! You can see my friend's post here. Anyway, to get to know the series, you can go to www.manvsminecraft.org or check out Ciphon's dub. I strongly encourage you to read the rules on www.manvsminecraft.org, because I will not really be going over them.

This is Man Vs. Minecraft Season 1, so stay tuned for other seasons as I will be doing others!

So Man Vs. Minecraft is where I go for 14 days in Minecraft and try to survive on a strict rule set. I will provide screenshots of each of my shelters and I will be going Ironman mode, meaning that I will go until I die (if I die). Once I die, that is it. I delete the world, pack up, and go home. I have to eat twice a day ONLY; Once in the morning once at night, or I starve. I need a drink of freshwater every day (ponds, not oceans). I can break one layer of stone, 2 of dirt, and 3 of sand/gravel. I can only place furniture: crafting benches, furnaces, and torches, and 1 per shelter. I can only carry 12 of any items with me and only fill up 18 of my inventory slots., with one tool of each (shovel, pick, etc.). Also I can only craft stone and wood tools, and I need to travel to a new biome every day, finding a new shelter naturally made, as I can't build. Each day will be written in total; there will be "Day X" that includes the full day and night of that day. I am One Man with One Life, so Let's Roll.
    Now let's get started!!

day 1:

day 2:

day 3:

day 4:

day 5:

day 6:

Last edited by Fireboy5115 on 2011-10-14, 08:45; edited 10 times in total
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Man vs. Minecraft - Fireboy5115, The Journey of Empty Re: Man vs. Minecraft - Fireboy5115, The Journey of

Post by thebadhatter 2011-10-02, 06:46

I think you should try to dramatise or fictionalise your account a bit further, because at the moment it's just a simple account of you playing minecraft (a game we all spend hours playing) purposefully as a 'noob'. I don't find it very interesting, and I'm not sure if many others will. Jus' sayin'
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Man vs. Minecraft - Fireboy5115, The Journey of Empty Re: Man vs. Minecraft - Fireboy5115, The Journey of

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-10-02, 06:54

thebadhatter wrote:I think you should try to dramatise or fictionalise your account a bit further, because at the moment it's just a simple account of you playing minecraft (a game we all spend hours playing) purposefully as a 'noob'. I don't find it very interesting, and I'm not sure if many others will. Jus' sayin'

Thanks for the feedback, I have added the dramatic effect already so I am not sure you read the posts. I am also going hardcore so , at the moment, I am not a noob.
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Post by thebadhatter 2011-10-02, 08:17

Well, by "dramatise & fictionalise" I mean add something more to your story than just the bare bones of the game, because everybody knows that inside out. By 'noob' I mean playing with little resources and purposefully using makeshift shelter, which is also something everybody knows inside out.

You assume, and rightly so, that we already know the subject you're writing about, but then you give us the content as though it's something new and exciting. This doesn't quite go together, in my eyes.

You could either go all out and have an immersive, detailed and dramatic story, and give character to a game that is, truthfully, desolate and unemotional. Or... I don't know what a good alternative might be. You could add things of your own, and describe a world that is based off minecraft but existing inside your imagination. You could take the minecraft world and write a realistic portrayal, for example, instead of limiting yourself to the parameters of the game.

I'm not trying to be mean or insult you, I'm just trying to give you some constructive criticism to help yez
    Fireboy5115
    Fireboy5115

Post by Fireboy5115 2011-10-14, 08:46

New Days have been posted!!!

Woohooo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-07, 02:04