Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+15
Jarvisd
The_Music_Man
darkxephos
GoDjMike
SergentPineapple
DoughnutSpanker
killerd0nkey
paradox74
Orcworm
Monstaboi
onlinerocker
Yarwood
thebadhatter
Krellyn
Ryoman
19 posters

/kick and /tempban for donator+.

Poll

Should SELECT donators have permissions for /kick and /tempban?

[ 17 ]
    /kick and /tempban for donator+. Bar_left61%/kick and /tempban for donator+. Bar_right [61%] 
    [ 11 ]
    /kick and /tempban for donator+. Bar_left39%/kick and /tempban for donator+. Bar_right [39%] 

Total Votes: 28
    Poll closed
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

/kick and /tempban for donator+. Empty /kick and /tempban for donator+.

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 02:00

Hello everyone Smile, I`ve noticed a huge spike in the amount of spammers on the server recently and I heard Rardical was given special permissions to /kick and /tempban for use against spammers. So my request is that certain trustworthy and longtime donators be given these commands to help keep the server spam free. These people would be hand picked by the staff and Orcworm. The condition obviously would be that the selected individuals would not be be authaurised to ban griefers (as to not interfere with the duties of the staff). So comment, vote and let me know what you guys think. Thank you.
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

/kick and /tempban for donator+. Empty Re: /kick and /tempban for donator+.

Post by Krellyn 2011-10-21, 02:09

Ryoman wrote:Hello everyone Smile, I`ve noticed a huge spike in the amount of spammers on the server recently and I heard Rardical was given special permissions to /kick and /tempban for use against spammers. So my request is that certain trustworthy and longtime donators be given these commands to help keep the server spam free. These people would be hand picked by the staff and Orcworm. The condition obviously would be that the selected individuals would not be be authaurised to ban griefers (as to not interfere with the duties of the staff). So comment, vote and let me know what you guys think. Thank you.

I voted 'no' because this shouldn't be something people would need to donate for.

"Hey, I'm going to donate 255558484545$ so I can kick and tempban! Wooohooo!!!!"

No. Just, no.

Some people have been entrusted with commands such as /kick and /tempban, but they are people who have been watched and deemed responsible enough to have those commands.

So, no. Just no.

If every donator could have those commands, the whole server would turn into 8-bit.
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Post by thebadhatter 2011-10-21, 02:10

I agree, it should be given due to the person being reliable and not a dick, not how wealthy they or their parents are.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 02:17

I did say hand picked by the staff Krellyn and having one person with these commands isn't going to change very much. It wouldn't be something you donate for. People who have been here a considerably long time and are known and trusted by the staff would be candidates.
    thebadhatter
    thebadhatter

Post by thebadhatter 2011-10-21, 02:21

Well they're doing that already (e.g. - Rardical) so there's no point in making it "official". It'll just result in all the donators subtly trying to obtain said powers and/or ramming their heads incredibly far up their own asses in an effort to be "staff-like" to obtain said powers.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 02:26

thebadhatter wrote:Well they're doing that already (e.g. - Rardical) so there's no point in making it "official". It'll just result in all the donators subtly trying to obtain said powers and/or ramming their heads incredibly far up their own asses in an effort to be "staff-like" to obtain said powers.
    Actually badhatter Rardical noticed the constant amount of spam and requested Orcworm for the commands. And instead of simply disagreeing with me, lets wait and see what the staff have to say. I want to know what they think of this. People are not going to start randomly kissing ass just to obtain the commands.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-10-21, 02:57

Whilst I was going through the serverlog, I noticed when they spam, it all comes out in the same split second, after that, they're muted for 30 seconds and they usually leave within that time.

We've enough active staff/Rardical etc to ban them too
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-10-21, 03:07

Hmm, its hard to say yes or no. But if orc really thinks spammers are a big problem he will just staff more people.
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-10-21, 03:30

Ryoman wrote:
    thebadhatter wrote:Well they're doing that already (e.g. - Rardical) so there's no point in making it "official". It'll just result in all the donators subtly trying to obtain said powers and/or ramming their heads incredibly far up their own asses in an effort to be "staff-like" to obtain said powers.
    Actually badhatter Rardical noticed the constant amount of spam and requested Orcworm for the commands. And instead of simply disagreeing with me, lets wait and see what the staff have to say. I want to know what they think of this. People are not going to start randomly kissing ass just to obtain the commands.

And they found him reliable.

About 4-6 months back, I asked Orc for /kick for these very same reasons. It was given to me, and I used it as it should have been used.

You don't need to have all donators have commands, dude.

If they didn't think Rardical was reliable enough, he wouldn't have jack shit.
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-10-21, 03:33

Ryoman wrote: OMG11!!1 rard has tempban y can i not has lol wut is this i want commands too i need feel special n ubove every1 lol
    Fixed?
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 03:51

Ryoman wrote:Hello everyone Smile, I`ve noticed a huge spike in the amount of spammers on the server recently and I heard Rardical was given special permissions to /kick and /tempban for use against spammers. So my request is that certain trustworthy and longtime donators be given these commands to help keep the server spam free. These people would be hand picked by the staff and Orcworm . The condition obviously would be that the selected individuals would not be be authaurised to ban griefers (as to not interfere with the duties of the staff). So comment, vote and let me know what you guys think. Thank you.
    Really its not for any kind of personnal gain, its to help keep the server spam free. There would be ALOT of restrictions to the use of the commands, 1. The selected few would only be able to /tempban and/or /kick when there are no staff members online, 2. Those who abuse the commands (e.i /kick or /tempban other players who have not spammed just for fun) would have their rights revoked. It's not to make you feel important over someone else, its to help maintain the server when a staff member isn't there to answer the call.

Last edited by Ryoman on 2011-10-21, 03:56; edited 2 times in total
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-10-21, 03:55

You guys should try being less aggressive once in a while, I completely see where Ryoman is coming from.
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-10-21, 04:10

I would be ok if it was just /kick powers and a select few of us donators. /tempban might be a little to much power for most.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 04:16

What`s the use of repetedly /kicking a spammer? They will just log in again, kicking is mostly to give people a warning that they are doing something wrong, and if they dont comply the usual option is /tempban or /ban.

Last edited by Ryoman on 2011-10-21, 05:41; edited 1 time in total
    paradox74
    paradox74

Post by paradox74 2011-10-21, 04:21

That's a good point, mabey if it's possible limit the amount of bans that someone can do to like 2 a day.
    killerd0nkey
    killerd0nkey

Post by killerd0nkey 2011-10-21, 04:35

I too see what Ryoman is trying to get at. I voted yes but I would make some changes to what he said originally. Yes the ammount of spammers on this server has risen dramatically but the activity of the staff is still very high. Whenever a spammer show's there face on the server a member of staff is bound to be on or maybe Rardicle. I would say give /kick and /temp ban to the most active players that also are mature enough to use it properly as in spam, racism and other tipes of abuse.

Also people that are active on the chaos server.

Last edited by killerd0nkey on 2011-10-21, 04:36; edited 1 time in total
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-10-21, 04:35

LOL, I say continue with what Orc is doing now. Select donators get it. We don't need MORE stuff for donators to get a big head over, with all the Member/Guest taunting/teasing.
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-10-21, 04:40

DoughnutSpanker wrote:LOL, I say continue with what Orc is doing now. Select donators get it. We don't need MORE stuff for donators to get a big head over, with all the Member/Guest taunting/teasing.
    SergentPineapple
    SergentPineapple

Post by SergentPineapple 2011-10-21, 05:12

i vote no, i believe this will just result to huge arguments and some selected ppl maybe abusing /kick just when someone says maybe 1 word in caps or some crap or just doing it on random new guests for fun
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-10-21, 05:42

Hopefully those select few we choose will be as mature as we think they are. If not, they will no longer have those commands, simple as that.
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-10-21, 05:54

I'm sure they will, as I haven't seen orc ever choose a bad staff member. Except Lizzy that is.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Location : A secret location off the south side of the Erskine bridge

Post by darkxephos 2011-10-21, 07:02

Ryo I see where you're coming from. And I do see that it is only hand picked people, but that's the problem. I have been here from near enough the beginning of the server and I will admit, if someone that has only been on for about half as long as me and is given commands because they can be trusted. Well I'm not gonna lie, I would be a bit offended. Also just because they have been "good" for that span of time doesn't mean they will use their powers responsibly. Take Lizardman for example, he was a "good boy" for a while, but once he got given some power he abused it. It will cause some people to rage and push hatred towards the chosen player. So I think it should be staff for now.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-10-21, 07:34

GoDjMike wrote:Hopefully those select few we choose will be as mature as we think they are. If not, they will no longer have those commands, simple as that.

Implying anybody will be chosen xD
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 08:00

darkxephos wrote:Ryo I see where you're coming from. And I do see that it is only hand picked people, but that's the problem. I have been here from near enough the beginning of the server and I will admit, if someone that has only been on for about half as long as me and is given commands because they can be trusted. Well I'm not gonna lie, I would be a bit offended. Also just because they have been "good" for that span of time doesn't mean they will use their powers responsibly. Take Lizardman for example, he was a "good boy" for a while, but once he got given some power he abused it. It will cause some people to rage and push hatred towards the chosen player. So I think it should be staff for now.
    You have a good point Xephos, Lizzy was a "good boy" and I think I would be offended too in that case. You give one person a piece of cake and everyone else wants one too, and if they don't get it they rage. I personally wouldn't mind if I don't be chosen, as long as those who do get chosen (If any) do a good job, then I'm happy.
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-10-21, 08:03

Yeah, but some people can't hold back that rage. Which is rather unfortunate, I personaly wouldn't rage, but I'd be a little bit offended inside.
    The_Music_Man
    The_Music_Man

Post by The_Music_Man 2011-10-21, 08:05

paradox74 wrote:That's a good point, mabey if it's possible limit the amount of bans that someone can do to like 2 a day.
    /tempban jmansplatxox 24
    /tempban lusass 24
    The_Music_Man has left the game.

See why that won't work?
    The only problem people wil have with that is deciding which two people they hate the most.

Maybe a voteban/votekick plugin instead?
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-10-21, 09:33

darkxephos wrote:Yeah, but some people can't hold back that rage. Which is rather unfortunate, I personaly wouldn't rage, but I'd be a little bit offended inside.

For your own sake, stop posting
    darkxephos
    darkxephos

Post by darkxephos 2011-10-21, 09:37

Yarwood wrote:For your own sake, stop posting

Why.
    DoughnutSpanker
    DoughnutSpanker
    Donator
    Donator

Post by DoughnutSpanker 2011-10-21, 10:18

Questions should end with a question mark.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-10-21, 10:20

No way, and this is a stupid thread to have a vote for, Do you think that it is kinda biased to ask people if they want kick and tempban? Who wouldn't say yes? I don't really see a need for it, all it does is cause problems and if you pick special people to do it, then people will either get pissed and/or jealous. If we want someone who can temp ban and kick might as well bring moderators back.
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-10-21, 12:33

Jarvisd wrote:No way, and this is a stupid thread to have a vote for, Do you think that it is kinda biased to ask people if they want kick and tempban? Who wouldn't say yes? I don't really see a need for it, all it does is cause problems and if you pick special people to do it, then people will either get pissed and/or jealous. If we want someone who can temp ban and kick might as well bring moderators back.
    Firstly, when has this not been a problem. Guests are generally jealous of Members+. Members are generally jealous of donators+. Donators are generally jealous of Staff+.
    Secondly, thats not a bad idea imo.
    Rardical
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rardical 2011-10-21, 12:47

Ryoman wrote:
    Actually badhatter Rardical noticed the constant amount of spam and requested Orcworm for the commands.

Wrong.

IMO, this should not be a poll. It is not up to us to make this decision. Orc will not give commands to people just because there was a poll on it.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-10-21, 12:55

I've banned two spammers without /ban.

Legit.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 12:56

The poll is just for referance, obviously even if more people say yes that doesnt mean he will do it. Spam on the server is becoming a problem Rard and even if donators dont get these permissions we still need another solution.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-10-21, 13:00

Orc you aren't nazi enough. Restrict these commands to staff.
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-10-21, 13:04

Patrick, tell me what's truly wrong with having very trusted donators having commands like /kick and /tempban.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-10-21, 13:13

I cant really say as I never had a donator I could trust. (That isn't staff[This is referring to my server])
    luminousmouse
    luminousmouse

Post by luminousmouse 2011-10-21, 13:39

I really don't see a problem with this, why so much hate? Half the time a member of staff isn't even online at the time to kick/temp/ban culprits.
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-10-21, 13:47

The hate is, as Jarvisd stated "jellyness."
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 13:59

Guests = Jelly of Members = Jelly of Donators = Jelly of Staff = Jelly of Orcworm = Jelly of....Notch?

Jealousy isn't really an issue here, As this highly accurate chart shows, people are jelly of each other anyway. The morale would be that either your chosen or not and if you aren't then deal with it. But if you really feel that your up to the task and feel offended that you are a long time player and weren't chosen then PM orc. Problem solved :/
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-10-21, 14:02

If you're not chosen..sorry to say but..
    /kick and /tempban for donator+. Deal_with_it_dog_gif
    onlinerocker
    onlinerocker

Post by onlinerocker 2011-10-21, 14:03

Ryoman wrote:Guests = Jelly of Members = Jelly of Donators = Jelly of Staff = Jelly of Orcworm = Jelly of....Notch?

Jealousy isn't really an issue here, As this highly accurate chart shows, people are jelly of each other anyway. The morale would be that either your chosen or not and if you aren't then deal with it. But if you really feel that your up to the task and feel offended that you are a long time player and weren't chosen then PM orc. Problem solved :/
    I've already stated the jealousy situation. I do give you props on your color coded chart Razz
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-10-21, 14:10

I really doubt that Orcworm is jealous of Notch...lol
    Rardical
    Rardical
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Rardical 2011-10-21, 14:21

GoDjMike wrote:I really doubt that Orcworm is jealous of Notch...lol

No Notch... No happy Orc...

/kick and /tempban for donator+. Man_th10
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 14:24

/kick and /tempban for donator+. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdmBjdjHM-OZV7QBCGgszhkJOq0Et9rj17kWx9AcRR9YCC90_r
    GaMerG77
    GaMerG77
    Donator
    Donator

Post by GaMerG77 2011-10-21, 14:45

/kick and /tempban for donator+. Meh.ro3728
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-10-21, 16:03

GaMerG77 wrote:If you're not chosen..sorry to say but..
    /kick and /tempban for donator+. Deal_with_it_dog_gif

Took you a while to deal with it, what with your badmouthing the whole staff on Pat's server -ahem-.

Wink
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-10-21, 16:22

Ryoman should get tempban at least since he has been here as long as me and he really has not done anything bad, he even stuck through the 16bit 6v1 on him..
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-10-21, 17:03

Please don't post things that will induce a lot of spam in Orc's mailbox - especially when there is no confirmation that this proposed idea will go ahead.

-Yarwood
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-10-21, 22:55

The spam that will be created... -wrathofgod-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 05:23