Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+18
Albuca
Krellyn
Imir31d
Pete
Monstaboi
Baldymoint7
aapl2
4o66
Jarvisd
Grintendo
Yarwood
Orcworm
patrickfreed
Kn16h7
RumDoodle
Lizardman
GoDjMike
Ryoman
22 posters

Bring back ban, kick commands for donators

Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Bring back ban, kick commands for donators Empty Bring back ban, kick commands for donators

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 08:45

I know these commands were revoked for a reason but maybe they could come back, as we all know mods and admins are sometimes very busy and can't handle everyones problems, so maybe give the donators i stick to help track griefers and kick and ban to banish them. Also to keep it balanced give only the ban,kick,and i stick commands, and anyone caught miss using the commands could have them taken away from that person. Just a suggestion. And besides we all know what happened when the members had ban and kick.....
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Bring back ban, kick commands for donators Empty Re: Bring back ban, kick commands for donators

Post by GoDjMike 2011-05-07, 08:51

You're right this was taken away because of abuse, but I would say that there are too many immature donators for this to be a great idea. Moderators are that rank because they are trusted, and with the usual TP killing and other abuse, this would not be a good idea. Mods are Mods because they can be trusted to not abuse powers, lets stick with them having those commands and not give those commands to the donators.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Bring back ban, kick commands for donators Empty Re: Bring back ban, kick commands for donators

Post by Lizardman 2011-05-07, 08:54

Get
    The
    Fuck
    Out.

That is all. :3
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 08:55

hmmmm another idea just came to me... what if donators didn't receive ban and kick but only i stick to track griefers and report there findings to a mod or admin.
    RumDoodle
    RumDoodle

Post by RumDoodle 2011-05-07, 08:58

Yeah, good idea...

*Whips out knife*
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 09:02

Ryoman123 wrote:hmmmm another idea just came to me... what if donators didn't receive ban and kick but only i stick to track griefers and report there findings to a mod or admin.

this would be awesome actually, especially for city owners like me.

I had a guest buy a plot, along with another person, after about 2 days of not checking my city, i checked it to find it griefed to all hell, i was lucky there was an admin online, but if there wasnt i could have missed it and the griefer could have done it again because it turned out to be one of the guests that bought a plot. with this, if no admin was online, i could have found out who it was and Stop it from happening again.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-05-07, 09:05

I don't mean to be a downer, but Donors will NEVER get iStick, EVER.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 09:06

But why? istick is mostly harmless.
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-05-07, 09:14

Link
    You must be confused...
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 09:17

ahh i see....the mighty stick has many powers indeed but maybe a way to limit the istick features for donators?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-07, 09:20

patrickfreed wrote:I don't mean to be a downer, but Donors will NEVER get iStick, EVER.

We haven't used iStick in bloody ages ;p.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 09:24

i still say some kind of block info tool should be given to donators, it would really help manage their homes/citys. like i said before, if u get griefed and no mod+ is online, without a way of knowing who it was, that person could very well be some1 you thought was an ok person and then they come back and grief you again. with a way to find out ourselves we can prevent that becuase we wont let that person near our homes/city's.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 09:25

I know some replies I give might not be serious all the time, but I can assure you this one is:

There is no need for donators to have "Kick, Ban, LogBlock stick".. Purely because Mods+ deal with griefers and such.

# Even if you were to find grief - We (Mods+) would still have to cross-check it, as well as roll it back.

This may seem a silly statement and could be taken the wrong way, but, we don't have a serious problem with griefers.
    After all, it takes 1 person to report something missing and 1 Mod+ to roll back all of their changes and ban.

Of course, prevention is better than cure, but at this current time, we can't do anything else to prevent grief than catching the majority of them with Honeypots.

Not to mention the fact that most grief reports are dealt with within 4 hours or so of it being reported.

</end serious posting mode>
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 09:27

yes thats the whole idea, to implement a way for us donators to defend our cities and to help other players Razz
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-05-07, 09:27

Orcworm wrote:
    patrickfreed wrote:I don't mean to be a downer, but Donors will NEVER get iStick, EVER.

We haven't used iStick in bloody ages ;p.

And I didn't expect you to re-add it, hence the NEVER....EVER ;p (it's called creative stick now)
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 09:29

my point stands, im not asking to be given the abilty to rollback, i just wanna know who griefed my house incase a mod+ ISNT on so i can prevent even MORE grief. and it happens quite often that mods+ are not online when i am.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-07, 09:30

I think the answer to your question, (if such an answer is needed) is to have more mods,admins,Orcs since you claim they are often too busy?
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 09:32

thats one thing to do, but thats been disscussed already, and from the looks of it, there wont be another 5 mods/admins added anytime soon.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 09:33

But.. How exactly are you going to prevent a griefer? Other than PVP him of course.

Any grief is usually solved within 4 hours of it being reported, if not within the first 10 minutes of it being reported ingame.

Last edited by Yarwood on 2011-05-07, 09:34; edited 1 time in total
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 09:33

its also quite frequent that mods+ have their hands full with other problems, and as knight said im not asking to have the ability to be invisible, god mode or any of that,just maybe a tool to help ourselves out when mods are unavailable and a command to ban the griefer, and it wouldn't be just for ourselves either we would be helping other players too.

Last edited by Ryoman123 on 2011-05-07, 09:34; edited 1 time in total
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 09:34

You seem to have overlooked my post in this thread, or just not read it.

Yarwood wrote:I know some replies I give might not be serious all the time, but I can assure you this one is:

There is no need for donators to have "Kick, Ban, LogBlock stick".. Purely because Mods+ deal with griefers and such.

# Even if you were to find grief - We (Mods+) would still have to cross-check it, as well as roll it back.

This may seem a silly statement and could be taken the wrong way, but, we don't have a serious problem with griefers.
    After all, it takes 1 person to report something missing and 1 Mod+ to roll back all of their changes and ban.

Of course, prevention is better than cure, but at this current time, we can't do anything else to prevent grief than catching the majority of them with Honeypots.

Not to mention the fact that most grief reports are dealt with within 4 hours or so of it being reported.

</end serious posting mode>
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-05-07, 09:35

The problem with this is trust, we have a lot of immature donators who cannot resist the urge to ban some random guy who made them angry. Thats why the mods + are there, to be responsible people who can be trusted to ban people for greifing or x ray or whatever other legitimate reason. Donators cannot be trusted, keep the commands for the Mods + imo
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-07, 09:35

Ryoman, your ideas to make sense to a certain extent... But sadly talk to some of the Donators in game and you have your answer wether they should be given /ban access...
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 09:38

Your right, some people are simply too immature to be allowed ban and kick but maybe select people could have access to the commands, people who are trusted among the donators.
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-05-07, 09:39

Those "trusted" people are Moderators and higher.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 09:40

If we trusted somebody and thought they were suitable enough to be in charge of the commands, we would probably make them a Mod though.

EDIT: Ninja'd by godjmike Razz
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-07, 09:42

Argh... i hate you guys, i started typing before i read the recent post Razz

Ninja'd twice even though i haven't said anything...
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 09:43

yes true but i mean when youve got someone who is in between the two, like someone who might not be suitable to be a mod but deserves just a litle extra.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-05-07, 09:44

No way dude. It was removed because ANYONE can be a donator. Lol 'we' yarwood you're a silly goose. Also what was happening before was donators would kick for bullshit reasons like, what would happen now would be he tped me without premission etc.

Last edited by Jarvisd on 2011-05-07, 09:45; edited 1 time in total
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-05-07, 09:44

Then I say if they're trusted enough to not abuse commands, they should be considered for Mod +
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 09:45

im personally against donators haveing /ban and /kick myself. i agree that most donators would abuse it and that mods+ are the only ones responsible enough for them

@Yar: Basically, heres a situation WITH a way to check: im online, i see my house griefed, no mod+ is online, i look up who did it, it happens to be some1 that was trying to be friends with me the other day, that person is online, he comes to my house trying to act innocent, knowing he is a griefer, i kill him.

Same Situation WITHOUT a way to check: im online, No Mod+ online, no way to check who did it, the griefer thats been posing as my friend asks to go in my house, i say sure trusting him since hes been fine the past few days, i leave for a minute, he logs off, i got back to my house and BOOM! my whole house is now filled with lava, leaving a LOT of work for both me and a mod+
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by 4o66 2011-05-07, 09:48

It is for similar reasons I would love to have an info-only veriant of /lb.
    I have had new player start building a house in the middle of my castle twice now. In both cases, a roll-back or ban was not required. I simply had to talk to the owner and ask them to move. Had they not been online however, I would have had no way to find out who they were.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 09:49

godjmike wrote:Then I say if they're trusted enough to not abuse commands, they should be considered for Mod +

Yes.

Jarvisd wrote:No way dude. It was removed because ANYONE can be a donator. Lol 'we' yarwood you're a silly goose. Also what was happening before was donators would kick for bullshit reasons like, what would happen now would be he tped me without premission etc.

S'all about being a team, team = we. My 3 years of Cadets didn't teach me that for nuthin Razz

Kn16h7 wrote:@Yar: Basically, heres a situation WITH a way to check: im online, i see my house griefed, no mod+ is online, i look up who did it, it happens to be some1 that was trying to be friends with me the other day, that person is online, he comes to my house trying to act innocent, knowing he is a griefer, i kill him.

I'm glad you agree, but the problem with killing somebody to be a known griefer, would be that you've just obtained "exploited" items, in a sense.

Lava is the only problem that can prove difficult without Orcworm, but it still disappears (after a while), if not, replace with cobblestone, remove cobblestone - That's what I do (as a Mod/Admin).

I see your point with the "wanting to know who it was" idea, but it doesn't make much of a difference either way, any changes they make would still get rolled back once the grief is reported.

Last edited by Yarwood on 2011-05-07, 09:50; edited 1 time in total
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-05-07, 09:49

So is this thread lockable yet? We've said that donators aren't mature enough to handle /kick and /ban commands, and those donators who can be trusted with that are Mods + already or being "considered"/respected for that. Since I cannot lock it, someone else please lol. Donators do not get the commands blah blah blah.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 09:50

4o66 wrote:It is for similar reasons I would love to have an info-only veriant of /lb.
    I have had new player start building a house in the middle of my castle twice now. In both cases, a roll-back or ban was not required. I simply had to talk to the owner and ask them to move. Had they not been online however, I would have had no way to find out who they were.

i didnt think of this ^ this is also another reason an info tool would be a good idea, and personally i see no downside to it.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 09:51

topic shouldn't be locked just yet theres still stuff worth disusing like the info only variant of istick/creative stick

Last edited by Ryoman123 on 2011-05-07, 09:53; edited 1 time in total
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-05-07, 09:52

At the end of the day we need to make sure we do our jobs as donators/members to make sure Mods+ Don't get any time to actually PLAY minecraft Smile
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 09:53

Yarwood wrote:
    Kn16h7 wrote:@Yar: Basically, heres a situation WITH a way to check: im online, i see my house griefed, no mod+ is online, i look up who did it, it happens to be some1 that was trying to be friends with me the other day, that person is online, he comes to my house trying to act innocent, knowing he is a griefer, i kill him.

I'm glad you agree, but the problem with killing somebody to be a known griefer, would be that you've just obtained "exploited" items, in a sense.

Lava is the only problem that can prove difficult without Orcworm, but it still disappears (after a while), if not, replace with cobblestone, remove cobblestone - That's what I do (as a Mod/Admin).

I see your point with the "wanting to know who it was" idea, but it doesn't make much of a difference either way, any changes they make would still get rolled back once the grief is reported.

so getting items from a griefer that griefs your home is not legit, but getting about 50 D blocks from a griefer of the orc statue is? O.o
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 09:53

It isn't "istick".

I can see it being useful in some cases to see what building/creation belongs to who, but we are limited (by the plugin itself) by the ability to hand out portions of commands without giving out the rest too.

Not to mention it could also be abused to perhaps cause lag.

---

In response to Knights post

9 times outta 10, a griefer won't just target one place.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 09:55

how would it cause lag? and what donator would purposely cause lag?

Yarwood wrote:

my point still stand, i remember some1 killing a griefer and getting 50+ diamond blocks and got to keep them. yes he got to because he didnt know that person griefed the statue, but in this sense i wouldnt have known that he griefed another location, because, its not ALL the time that they griefed another spot. so the only thing i would know is he griefed my home, and i would only be expecting items from my home.

Last edited by Kn16h7 on 2011-05-07, 10:00; edited 1 time in total
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-05-07, 09:55

The adulation is to add more mods or demote some admins because they tend to not helped when asked (no offense adminsXD) there is only one very active mod that handles lots of the problems and thats Liz I feel sorry for him because he hardly gets to do his own thing due to players asking for lb
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 09:57

Kn16h7 wrote:how would it cause lag? and what donator would purposely cause lag?

I'm sure I can think of a few. You seem to forget most of minecraft players are kids with mommies credit card.

As for how it would cause lag, simple.

Block changes are recorded in a database
    Accessing that database requires CPU.
    Donators spam "left-click" with the stick = There you have your lag.

aapl2 wrote:The adulation is to add more mods or demote some admins because they tend to not helped when asked (no offense adminsXD) there is only one very active mod that handles lots of the problems and thats Liz I feel sorry for him because he hardly gets to do his own thing due to players asking for lb

"Adulation" is not a word that fits there, sorry.

Why would you suggest adding mods, or demoting admins, when it's basically the same thing?

People seem to forget us (Admins/Staff) paid for the game too, so we can play if we wish to. There's always mods/admins on hand to help if one is too busy (perhaps dealing with other grief?)

Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 10:05

Yarwood wrote:There's always mods/admins on hand to help if one is too busy (perhaps dealing with other grief?)

this isnt always the case, as i stated theres been many times that there is no mod+ online. most of the time, i have no problem, but theres always that chance there wont be a mod+ online when i need one.

as far as the lag thing, if they abuse it that way, im sure theres an easy way to find whos spamming it and demote/ban them. i mean the tp and compass can be abused very easy, but they got added and if they DO get abused the offender is warned/demoted/banned.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 10:10

Yes, but "Prevention = better than cure".

Demoting or banning a donator usually leaves Orcworm with a paypal: "omg wtf bbq, u banned me, i want money back *files complaint & sues ur ass*"

The /tp and compass doesn't cause lag though (apart from when we load the map onto the server for the first time), and we can solidly prove they were abusing /tp with logs.

--

If it really boils down to "Not enough Mods+", then feel free to send a PM to either myself or Orcworm (or any other of the Admins), including the name of the person you think should be promoted, and we'll "consider" it.

--

Even if you did have "istick / log stick / what-ever stick", then there's a very likely chance, by the time you find the grief, you'll never see the griefer again.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 10:16

Yarwood wrote:Yes, but "Prevention = better than cure".

Demoting or banning a donator usually leaves Orcworm with a paypal: "omg wtf bbq, u banned me, i want money back *files complaint & sues ur ass*"

The /tp and compass doesn't cause lag though (apart from when we load the map onto the server for the first time), and we can solidly prove they were abusing /tp with logs.

--

If it really boils down to "Not enough Mods+", then feel free to send a PM to either myself or Orcworm (or any other of the Admins), including the name of the person you think should be promoted, and we'll "consider" it.

--

Even if you did have "istick / log stick / what-ever stick", then there's a very likely chance, by the time you find the grief, you'll never see the griefer again.

isnt /lb and (other info plugins) a command system plugin? even if u used one that used an item it should still show up in the logs proving they spammed the command.

and the "prevent is better than cure" just seems like a lazy response imo (No offence), with that logic it would be better to just get rid of compass and tp, and anything else abusable because that would be easier.

but thats not a Concrete, for sure thing, theres always a chance they will come back, and besides, like 4o said it can be used for more than just grief, say some1 builds to close to your house for you likeing and you dont know who it is, with this you can tell them easy, or even look out for when they come online, without, most will resort to puting up a wall around the build just because they dont want it there
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-05-07, 10:45

Yarwood wrote:Yes, but "Prevention = better than cure".

--

--

This to me is by far the post I most agree with I've been griefed before and the person was already banned and even tho there will be the odd hour that a Mod is not on and a whole shitload of griefers come on and grief and do gay things like break auction, it can always be fixed later Smile.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 10:48

@Baldy Man you have to show me how u got that awsome bleach thing :O i watched that show for a long time but lost interest after episode 1000000000i even saw the 1st episodes it just got too long is all
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-05-07, 11:02

Kn16h7 wrote:how would it cause lag? and what donator would purposely cause lag?

Yarwood wrote:

my point still stand, i remember some1 killing a griefer and getting 50+ diamond blocks and got to keep them. yes he got to because he didnt know that person griefed the statue, but in this sense i wouldnt have known that he griefed another location, because, its not ALL the time that they griefed another spot. so the only thing i would know is he griefed my home, and i would only be expecting items from my home.
    This was me, and no, i did not get to keep them. They were illegetamate items so there were removed accordingly so.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-05-07, 11:06

I can't believe this has reached page 4 and is still on-topic, AND hasn't derived into a flame war.
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-05-07, 11:09

They really want more mods or donator lb lol Orc XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-10, 17:18