Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

5 posters

Multiple Plots in different cities...

BUD_the_Slacker
    BUD_the_Slacker

Multiple Plots in different cities... Empty Multiple Plots in different cities...

Post by BUD_the_Slacker 2011-05-14, 02:59

Well, that was kinda fail...

Im trying to build up a series of banks in the major cities with the help of a
    couple of buddies, so I purchased multiple plots in multiple cities in
    "the banks" name.

I want to come clean about this, not generate drama or anything, because I only
    saw this today:
    Rulyon:
    And yes, you are OFFICIALLY only supposed to have ONE plot in a major city, and
    cannot have a plot in more than one city. In other words: ONE zoned city plot,
    PERIOD.

Now, officially, they are part of "the brand" of banks, but I don’t
    want to do any shady dealings or use backhanded tactics such as saying stuff
    like "their Protutypes/Cylogs/someotherguys plot" so I’m keeping it
    out in the open, for you to decide upon.

I only saw the post after I bought plots in Ecco, NFS and Acheron, and although
    I know ignorance is no excuse, I beg of you not to judge me to hard. I’m happy
    to help develop any city that would like my help and I am impartial to
    inter-city fights or truces. The banks wouldn’t fit anywhere else than the
    major cities, you can’t have one up a mountain, down a cave or in a wood, that’s
    quite silly. I only want to help newbie’s and others with loans and to bring
    out the full potential of each city as a center of trade and commerce:

The Forest Clearing that is Acheron

The Underground Jem that is Eccenotcem

The Icy Cool that is New Frostside

The Sparkling Oasis that is Abydos

And of course, The Central Magnificence that is New Orcshire

I want these towns to flourish as much as anyone else, but I don’t want to get
    into trouble for setting up shop everywhere. If you, the Mods, Admins and
    Donators of Orcworm’s server would care me to close down, I will, only asking
    that you dont think bad of me for my n00bish mistake.
    But if you would let me build on the plots I bought with my own gil, I
    guarantee you will not regret it. I’m constructive, have a lot of free time on
    my hands and would be more than glad to help with any major project on the
    server.

Anyhow, you decide. I didn’t want to break the rules, so I’m sorry. This is one
    of the best servers around, and I thank you all ('cept for ZuWrath^^) for the
    great time I’ve already had online, regardless of what your final verdict is.
    4o66
    4o66
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Multiple Plots in different cities... Empty Re: Multiple Plots in different cities...

Post by 4o66 2011-05-14, 03:13

You are not the first to want multiple plots, but the first to want a system of banks...

Lion's Keep might have multiple plots, since they are purely in it for commerce as well, and would not end up in any faction fights, as they have their own independent settlement. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

I don't think anyone considered the possibility of commercial players when the city setup was created.

Mods? Orc?

((BTW, awesome avatar.))

Edit: If you were found to be giving preferential treatment to one city, the others could force you out... Could be interesting. Each city could also negotiate differing loan terms, taxes etc with you (all in secret of course, gotta be competitive.)

Care to install an ATM in Caladan when it is up and running? ^_^
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Multiple Plots in different cities... Empty Re: Multiple Plots in different cities...

Post by FillerB 2011-05-14, 03:26

Citizenship
    Each player may only be a citizen of one city. This means that he can only have a house in 1 of the mayor cities.

Chain stores and Embassies
    The construction of chain stores or embassies across multiple Cities is allowed at the City Councils discretion.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Banks are chain stores so if the city council(s) agrees then it's aaaalright with me.
    Devan12321
    Devan12321
    Asshat

Post by Devan12321 2011-05-14, 03:28

you can get a plot in my city if you want.... its not flourished so a 9x9 i might just give you for free Very Happy feeling nice
    BUD_the_Slacker
    BUD_the_Slacker

Post by BUD_the_Slacker 2011-05-14, 03:36

FillerB wrote:

Citizenship
    Each player may only be a citizen of one city. This means that he can only have a house in 1 of the mayor cities.

Chain stores and Embassies
    The construction of chain stores or embassies across multiple Cities is allowed at the City Councils discretion.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Banks are chain stores so if the city council(s) agrees then it's aaaalright with me.

Right, well, that might be the problem... I didnt really ask the councils, I just bought plots... so yeah Neutral
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-05-14, 03:47

You already bought a plot in Ecco?
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-05-14, 03:56

Bluh this reminds me to set up a census already. I got the feeling that there are a LOT of dual/triple/quadruple-citizenships.
    BUD_the_Slacker
    BUD_the_Slacker

Post by BUD_the_Slacker 2011-05-14, 04:27

PureCraft wrote:You already bought a plot in Ecco?

Yep, proud to be the third person to have bought & built on a plot there, I was planning on replacing the sandstone with more Eccenotcem-ish mossy cobblestone, but thats another story...

FillerB wrote:Bluh this reminds me to set up a census already. I got the feeling that there are a LOT of dual/triple/quadruple-citizenships.

Sorry ;_;

Last edited by BUD_the_Slacker on 2011-05-14, 05:50; edited 1 time in total
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-05-14, 04:37

What for? I'm the one who has neglected to prevent this crap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 05:17