Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+2
GoDjMike
realazthat
6 posters

Honeypots on the war server??

realazthat

Honeypots on the war server?? Empty Honeypots on the war server??

Post by realazthat 2011-09-24, 01:32

Ban Reason: Honeypot block/grief (first said Honeypot, later changed to "grief")
    Banner: Erm, a piece of glass
    Do/Don't Admit to Ban Reason and why: I was randomly destroying stuff in spawn expecting them to return. Ironically, I was on the server to talk to an admin and just walking around waiting for replies to chat etc. TBH, I don't care if I am banned from the main server, but the ban carried over to the war server, and that's just nasty.
    Reasons on why you should get a 2nd chance: The honeypot block is a nasty garbage reason to ban someone in the first place. I hardly even go on the main server at all. Great way to welcome noobs. Even nastier: there are no honeypot blocks on the chaos server, so thats just crap that I am banned there. Keep the ban in the main server if you must, but lemme back into chaos please.
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Honeypots on the war server?? Empty Re: Honeypots on the war server??

Post by GoDjMike 2011-09-24, 01:58

realazthat wrote:TBH, I don't care if I am banned from the main server, but the ban carried over to the war server, and that's just nasty. The honeypot block is a nasty garbage reason to ban someone in the first place. Great way to welcome noobs.

Why should we disregard a ban on another one of our servers? Using that logic, I could murder someone in New York, then take a plane to Florida and I wouldn't be in trouble for my previous crime. Get banned on one server, you should get banned on all, in my opinion. And if people cannot read the rules, which cleary state that griefing is disallowed, I don't want those "noobs" on here. Unless those "noobs" learn from what they did, and didn't do. It in fact is not a "garbage reason" it is legitimate, and with good reason.
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-09-24, 02:00

If you can't respect the rules on one of our servers, why should we let you on the others?
    realazthat

Post by realazthat 2011-09-24, 02:55

I wasn't on the main server to play. I was on there to fetch an admin to the chaos server. Yeah sure, I broke a glass block, but I also broke hundreds of dirt blocks around it, and they just reappeared. And I *am* a noob to minecraft, and from the chaos server I was used to breaking anything in spawn without consequence. In the end, while chatting with an admin I inadvertently broke a block and got perma-banned from both servers? This doesn't seem fair to me.
    aapl2
    aapl2

Post by aapl2 2011-09-24, 05:40

Perhaps you should have read the rules and then you would have know there are honeypots on the main server?
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-09-24, 05:58

Guys, i know he's got a bad attitude, and honestly you shouldn't be taking shots at the people who decide wether you get banned or not... But this is a honeypot ban, and they're pretty much always accepted.

So, i'll state that this appeal is accepted, i can't un-ban him myself, but i'd appreciate if someone else does.

Feel free to argue against what i said, i still think he deserves a second chance...
    GoDjMike
    GoDjMike

Post by GoDjMike 2011-09-24, 06:49

Yep, he followed the Ban Appeal format, and that's good enough for me. I respect that he actually posted in the correct sections too, just make your next appeal, if there is one, a little more I'm sorry, and less you guys are stupid. Unbanned.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-09-24, 06:49

Tried /unban recently? Should work fine for you.
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-09-24, 06:56

You should know that as soon as that command was available i was all over that, rather than the long method having to go onto the console <.<

I was/still am, busy with, you guessed it, College work Razz. (That story must be getting boring by now i guess lol?)
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-09-24, 06:59

You should make better use of your study hours at college then ;p
    Grintendo
    Grintendo
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Grintendo 2011-09-24, 07:34

That is true... I spend 6x50 minutes just watching black and white tv and sharing banter... Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-09, 22:37