Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+7
Xltimus
shadow
Skynet
PureCraft
Pete
Orcworm
FillerB
11 posters

The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter

FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter Empty The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter

Post by FillerB 2011-01-31, 21:43

Long topic title is long.

-snicker-snack off with the crap-

Last edited by FillerB on 2011-02-04, 20:53; edited 7 times in total
    FillerB
    FillerB

The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter Empty Re: The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter

Post by FillerB 2011-01-31, 21:43

Last edited by FillerB on 2011-02-04, 20:48; edited 1 time in total
    FillerB
    FillerB

The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter Empty Re: The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter

Post by FillerB 2011-01-31, 21:44

Last edited by FillerB on 2011-02-04, 20:49; edited 1 time in total
    FillerB
    FillerB

FillerB
    FillerB

FillerB
    FillerB

Last edited by FillerB on 2011-02-04, 20:50; edited 1 time in total
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-01-31, 21:45

FillerB
    FillerB

Last edited by FillerB on 2011-02-04, 20:50; edited 5 times in total
    FillerB
    FillerB

Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-01-31, 23:26

Hmm, is this the SpA wiki V2 Razz? I could set up wiki.orcworm.com if nessecary, looks really promising so far.

Oh, and Recettear is a great game ^^.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-01-31, 23:47

Nah, this is what I was working on before the wiki came around. Had a smexy cover, chapter layout and most of the "Creative" part of the guide.

And while wiki's are great if you have a lot of committed people (who know how to write!) I really don't see how it is practical for "us". But hey, open a poll. I haven't really started writing yet so if you want it in wiki-form (with SpA-like restrictions on who can write to counter spam and keep the quality up) then go for it.

Also every chapter-title refers to something.
    Spoiler:
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-01, 00:00

You have a point, I can't really be bothered to set up a wiki anyway Razz. Things are a little, uhh, 'less controlled' than they were at SpA.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-01, 00:06

Less control is no reason to let people run hogwild. Remember that a wiki's primary point would be to inform people on how stuff works. However some of the guides I've seen till now on this forum, and I'm sure the authors have the best of intentions, are to put it mildly utter crap.

Also I'll clean house in this topic when the guide is done. No need to have offtopic banter going on Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Oh and after this is done I may, or may not depending on demand and mood, also make a guide for mod+ commands. Yes I like making guides, dont judge me.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-01, 02:21

/me judges

Well, I just wanted to say I liked the definition for the squid... I couldn't have said it better myself. ^_^
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-01, 02:23

FillerB wrote:judge me.
    *judges FillerB*
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-01, 02:46

Just remember that as soon as you're finished helping out the community I'll have to demote you to Member for 'complaining'.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-01, 02:47

Hmmm.. didn't something similar happened before? Wink
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-01, 03:18

Ha very funny Orc.
    Skynet
    Skynet

Post by Skynet 2011-02-01, 15:24

But i are helperfullll of durrr...... LWC ROXXXXSsszzzz burr hurrrrr
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-03, 08:39

Alright this stuff isnt working out thanks to the formatting constraints within bbcode and crap. Short story short, I can't make this thing look both look good, informative and easy to read. Besides this the amount of editing that needs to be done everytime something on the server changes makes this likely undoable (atleast within acceptable time) within a forum post.

That's why I am seriously thinking about setting up a wiki at a free wikihost anyway as "discussed" on the previous page.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-03, 10:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-03, 19:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-03, 20:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] redirect to mediawiki ?
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-03, 21:03

Ah you meant as redirection. MediaWiki is Wiki software based on (from the top of my head) PHP and MySQL.
    We could go for WikiDot. There's multiple payment plans and the only real disadvantage for the free version is that you have no control over the advertisements. Which really isn't that big of a deal since most smart people use Adblock+ anyway.

Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-03, 21:11

Surely it can't be that difficult to get the wiki 'software' going on that subdomain I created? The crappy web hosting I use only allows one script installation, so the problem is I'd have to install it manually (Bearing in mind I'm an idiot).
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-03, 21:12

Or alternatively:

Haven't set it up yet though.
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-03, 21:14

Yes, that's easier, haha. I'll just forward orcworm.com/wiki to that so either can be used.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-03, 21:57

Delete this topic since its no longer needed? yes/no/with extreme prejudice?
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-04, 00:05

Well, if you don't need it anymore go ahead.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-04, 00:09

Dont have mod-powers in the Guide section. Only Forum Mod, Forum Developer and Owners do.

(Why are there so many moderator groups anyways?)
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-04, 02:43

You'd have to ask Invision about that, I really don't know.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-04, 02:44

FillerB wrote:Why are there so many moderator groups anyways?
    Ask Invision.
    (DAMN YOU ORCWORM!)
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-04, 03:08

Well, there is no real need to delete it, I mean... not even lock it, it's not spam, it's not a flame war... It's merely a thread the naturally derailed, since the main topic migrated. Natural derail FTW.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-04, 03:10

Why are there so many moderator groups Invision? Seems kinda unnecessary.

Also Pete, it's clutter. You should throw shit you don't intend to use ever again away.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-04, 03:34

Invision is inactive this since last weekend.. dunno why.
    shadow
    shadow

Post by shadow 2011-02-04, 05:56

Filler....Your cat pic scares me.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-04, 06:39

It isn't a cat, it's a stuffed wolf doll. Which so happens to be currently be possessed by THE Reynardine.

It's from a webcomic (Gunnerkrigg Court) which you should read. Now.

Last edited by FillerB on 2011-02-04, 07:20; edited 1 time in total
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-04, 06:49

shadow wrote:Filler....Your cat pic scares me.
    THIS reminds me in another derailed thread on the SpA forums.. 1 post to derail a whole thread.. yezz
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-04, 07:50

So... If Invision dies, can I be forum dev? ^_^
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-04, 08:14

uu.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-04, 08:19

*imagines what a forum led by Pete would be like*
    Oh dear god, it's so horrifying it would be Danté's 10th layer of hell.

But is but also be morbidly fascinating.... do it Pete. Assume control!
    shadow
    shadow

Post by shadow 2011-02-04, 08:20

If you controlled orcworms server, it would be a giant nsfw (spa fb).

If you controlled the forums, it would either be ok, or horrible.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-04, 11:30

I'm an awesome forum admin, you know. >.<
    Orcworm
    Orcworm
    Owner
    Owner

Post by Orcworm 2011-02-04, 18:17

An awesome Admin that lets his friend log onto his account and spawn diamonds, yeah...
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-04, 20:46

Orc, check the player lists again. I added a button to each list (and removed the "all players") which makes adding a new player to the wiki a lot easier (since you don't have to dick around with the category/tags)

edit:
    Oh and before I forget. You can apply to help populate the wiki at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
    I already sent some invitations to people who I personally think are suited. Their applications will automatically be accepted. Others can of course also apply but must be aware that I will only accept people who have demonstrated, at the very least, a basic understanding of the English language. So apply, give me a a good reason why YOU should our wiki-team and for Loki's sake make sure you don't use "chatspeak". Otherwise I WILL find you and beat you over the head with Pete's 20 inch glass dildo for wasting the valuable seconds that it cost to press the "Decline"-button.
    Xltimus
    Xltimus

Post by Xltimus 2011-02-05, 01:47

FillerB wrote:It isn't a cat, it's a stuffed wolf doll. Which so happens to be currently be possessed by THE Reynardine.

I thought it was a cat too o,o
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-05, 01:54

Orcworm wrote:An awesome Admin that lets his friend log onto his account and spawn diamonds, yeah...
    hahaha fail.
    shadow
    shadow

Post by shadow 2011-02-05, 03:18

Xltimus wrote:
    FillerB wrote:It isn't a cat, it's a stuffed wolf doll. Which so happens to be currently be possessed by THE Reynardine.

I thought it was a cat too o,o

Ditto. It looks like a possessed cat. Very Happy
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-05, 03:30

PureCraft wrote:
    Orcworm wrote:An awesome Admin that lets his friend log onto his account and spawn diamonds, yeah...
    hahaha fail.

No, it was a totally different story, I told him to keep away from SpA and Orcworm, and when he joined, he just chose from the top of the list; he didn't search for orcworm... I was playing at that time, and I was DC'd with a message "connected from somewhere else" or something on that lines, so I closed Minecraft, re-opened it and tried to login, and I got "bad login". I didn't "let him" join, he did it by himself, and there wasn't really much I could do... In any case, I said forum admin. Razz
    Skynet
    Skynet

Post by Skynet 2011-02-05, 09:47

FillerB wrote:Otherwise I WILL find you and beat you over the head with Pete's 20 inch glass dildo
    At which point said dildo shall shatter, becoming a sort of glass dagger whose fragments shall become embedded into the victim's skin. Someone would then have to explain why not-quite-clear glass was embedded in your skin. This would not be good for your mental health.

Dirk Gently signing out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-28, 02:41