Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+7
Xltimus
shadow
Skynet
PureCraft
Pete
Orcworm
FillerB
11 posters

The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter

battlekid
    battlekid

The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter

Post by battlekid 2011-02-09, 13:51

I've started working on the wiki Smile.
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter - Page 2 Empty Re: The Wiki Development Project Progess thread formerly known as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to Minecraft" that also has alot offtopic banter

Post by FillerB 2011-02-09, 21:56

Thanks for helping out Battle but, and I realize this is pretty much my fault for not providing a style guide, some of contributions are style breaking (mostly on tables), in the wrong section (your pvp-rules should be in the rules-section) or just plain not necessary (linking to an external image). Adding an author or "in progress"-sign is not really needed since one can just look at the page history. The thing about wiki pages is that no page belongs to a specific person and that ANY member can freely edit and improve with a few exceptions ANY page.

Besides this you also forgot to properly tag and categorize your pages. Again this is my fault for not giving you people any information about how to properly format a page. This week I'll remedy this by putting some time in compiling a style guide and creating a few page templates. I'll grab your Stockade page as the template for all future cities because I do like it.
    battlekid
    battlekid

Post by battlekid 2011-02-11, 16:58

FillerB wrote:Thanks for helping out Battle but, and I realize this is pretty much my fault for not providing a style guide, some of contributions are style breaking (mostly on tables), in the wrong section (your pvp-rules should be in the rules-section) or just plain not necessary (linking to an external image). Adding an author or "in progress"-sign is not really needed since one can just look at the page history. The thing about wiki pages is that no page belongs to a specific person and that ANY member can freely edit and improve with a few exceptions ANY page.

Besides this you also forgot to properly tag and categorize your pages. Again this is my fault for not giving you people any information about how to properly format a page. This week I'll remedy this by putting some time in compiling a style guide and creating a few page templates. I'll grab your Stockade page as the template for all future cities because I do like it.
    Yeah, I did the best I could.. Why can't I link to an external image in a embed? Is there an actual reason? Just wondering...

Basically all my work is a WIP, I'm still working on it all.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-11, 18:45

I don't like being dependent on external hosts anymore than is strictly necessary. You can (or atleast should be able to) attach files to a page using the "files"-tab at the bottom of the page.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-02-11, 22:33

I like the idea of a server wiki. Is there anyway I can contribute to this project?

Edit Reason: Darn Autocorrect on my iPhone. It changed "a server" into "answered".

Last edited by Rulyon on 2011-02-12, 01:23; edited 1 time in total
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-11, 23:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do note the list of qualifications and read the style guide before writing your application. I got this little thing-a-ma-jig that will tell me when you haven't.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-02-11, 23:50

Application filled and submitted. I'm glad it was only ONE essay question. I'm better at faking my way through multiple choice and true/false.

Does BLA signify a blank space to fill with content later? Otherwise, seems like an eyesore to me...

I posted the second post some time after the first. Felt like a new one was needed so Filler would see on the main page that a NEW thing was said. I'll do better in the future. Don't want'cha to pop a vein in your forehead from putting up with me. Smile

Last edited by Rulyon on 2011-02-12, 02:18; edited 2 times in total
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-12, 02:05

Now, if you don't double post, we'll all be happier. See that "edit" button in the lower right corner of your post? Ok, use it.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-12, 02:19

Does BLA signify a blank space to fill with content later?
    Yup. Bla is just a dutch nonsense word. It comes from "blaten" which is a dutch figure of speech for pointless gibberish.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Also I'm overhauling the Commands-section to work like the Players-section. So don't add anything concerning commands for now.

Last edited by FillerB on 2011-02-12, 02:51; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fail writing is fail and expansion)
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-12, 02:40

We german say bla bla.. Razz
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-12, 02:49

Well yeah, both Dutch and German share a common ancestry so it's only logical that some words or terms are the same.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-12, 02:51

Thats the grammar nazi way to say it.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-12, 02:51

HEIL GRAMMAR!
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-02-12, 02:58

anyways, your at work?
    battlekid
    battlekid

Post by battlekid 2011-02-12, 03:26

I'll make sure to use the "files" tool from now on.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-12, 07:09

Alrighty, you may have already noticed that I royally fucked up the player and command pages. This is done to allow for neat AUTOMATIC listing of all properly tagged commands and players. Now when you go to one of the player-lists through the dropdown-menu you see a neat list listing all the players of that rank AND a short summary. Also we now have proper infoboxes.

The same goes for the commands. Just enter the commandname (without the / !) into the "Add Command"-box. Enter the info and done!
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-02-12, 09:11

I limited my changes today to a small amount. It should be easy to find them all and check them over. I added notes concerning my changes too so you can pick my brain, see if the way I'm thinking meshes well with what you'd like. What do you think? (It might be a good idea for us all to make notes concerning our edits. Could increase cohesiveness in the group) Thinking back I don't think I tagged anything but I'll add those tonight at work.

1) I added myself to the Member page first and foremost. I THINK this was before you posted not to modify those pages but I'm not entirely certain. Either way, it was before I saw your post. If it WAS after you posted, I apologize for that.
    2) PvP page: Formatted capitalization for uniformity and added the note that spawn camping will result in a ban.
    3) Added Monstaboi's settlement since Orcworm has zoned it.
    4) Added placeholder for "Sightseeing" page (Colloseum) I'm not happy with it, and have some revisions in mind for work tonight. Namely putting the Coordinates on the Colloseum's own information page and replacing the coordinates on the main Sightseeing page with a very brief "Interest catcher" description. (maybe a tag line or a brief 1-2 sentence description.)
    5) Rephrased a description on the General Commands page; concerning the /money command.

I believe that's all of them. I'll get more tonight. It's currently 4:10 PM here, and I need to get some sleep before work at 10. I anticipate being able to work on the wiki more around 12:00.

Last edited by Rulyon on 2011-02-12, 09:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Punctuation and spelling. MAN I'm tired!)
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-02-12, 15:53

I don't want to offend the people working on the wiki, but isn't the forum and official website enough?
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-02-12, 16:43

Some of us are working on it not because it's an absolute necessity, but because WE LIKE DOING IT. :-)
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-02-12, 17:01

I think the forum and website is enough maybe just add a command page to orcworm.com.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-02-12, 17:20

Don't want it, don't use it. But let us worker bees work. 'sides, Ah needs a project to work on when the server's down, yo. Word.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-19, 23:00

Blargh, in case you were wondering why the crap I haven't been updating the wiki more. I need to send in a concept-version of my thesis before the end the week. Needless to say I have done diddly-squat yet. So yeah...
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-02-19, 23:34

I've not contributed yet either. Been lazing around in the server. Though it looks like nobody else is going to answer my thread about data for the zoned settlements so I'll gave to take a mor direct approach and ask the owners directly or go there myself and see what I can come up with. If they don't like what I put I can either be modified later or left untouched as a message to others that dally about when I ask questions.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-02-20, 02:11

FillerB; join the IRC network Freenode.net and join a random channel. Say you're a girl, and they'll make the job for you.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-02-20, 02:15

I rather not entrust something as important as this to a bunch of total fuckwads.
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-03-03, 11:04

Doublepost yadda yadda yadda

For god sake people if you are going to apply then READ THE FUCKING JOIN-PAGE first. I do NOT want to see crap like this spamming up my inbox.
    Please make me a member of your site.I'll do very good...I wont do nothing without asking and learn to keep this in control with up-to-date info like plugins/commands/and try to keep up with the players because on Orc's they be rolling in like crazy!
    I ask for two things, and two things only. 1) Not to write like a baby on his first drug-trip. 2) To have read and understood the style guide. How come the last 6 applicants ALL failed to do one or both of these extremely simple steps?
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-03, 16:14

Oh my, who submitted that? Wait, don't tell me: PC?
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-03, 16:27

Purecraft is an admin and is way above doing that. Also I can't apply it gives me an error once I type my app etc.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-03-03, 16:31

Rulyon wrote: PC?
    Pff, I would never do such a thing. like jarvis said.
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Jarvisd 2011-03-03, 16:34

PureCraft wrote:
    Rulyon wrote: PC?
    Pff, I would never do such a thing. like jarvis said.

And Jarvis is always right. Lol
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-03-03, 16:36

Ohh, don't be the proud guy, earlier or later everone gets his hate.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-03-03, 17:05

Teh heh, Successful Troll is Successful.

Bazinga.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-04, 07:19

Jarvisd wrote:Purecraft is ... way above doing that...

LOL! (No, not really... >.<)
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-03-04, 07:23

No it wasn't PureCraft. That's not very nice of you people to say.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-04, 07:30

Filler, we know it wasn't Pure, and he knows that too... Don't you get sarcasm? :/
    FillerB
    FillerB

Post by FillerB 2011-03-04, 07:32

No, no I don't. I am, as everyone is well aware, extremely bad at this thing you call sarcasm.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-03-04, 07:35

lulz. So... If it wasn't Pure... Was it Pandy?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-29, 03:52