Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Orcworm's SMP Server

We have moved to http://www.orcworm.co.uk

Orcworm's SMP Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to Orcworm's Minecraft SMP Server, located at: orcworm.co.uk

+18
Albuca
Krellyn
Imir31d
Pete
Monstaboi
Baldymoint7
aapl2
4o66
Jarvisd
Grintendo
Yarwood
Orcworm
patrickfreed
Kn16h7
RumDoodle
Lizardman
GoDjMike
Ryoman
22 posters

Bring back ban, kick commands for donators

Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Bring back ban, kick commands for donators - Page 2 Empty Re: Bring back ban, kick commands for donators

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 11:14

pretty much, my main point here is that because there isn't enough mods, i think donators should have a way to at least prevent if not control grief related to them and their property, but apparently the Cons outweigh the Pros in this. so i guess the only option is more mods :/
    Jarvisd
    Jarvisd
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Bring back ban, kick commands for donators - Page 2 Empty Re: Bring back ban, kick commands for donators

Post by Jarvisd 2011-05-07, 11:15

Well if the mods can't handle /lb rollback, doubt they will be able to. Don't worry about the grief, we have lb for a reason you don't need ban or kick. We don't need more mods derp. If we do maybe we should think it out instead of yarwood picking arandom person he likes. Maybe someone who lives in the timezone who would come on at these so called 'no mod times'.. lol
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-05-07, 11:26

Ryoman123 wrote:@Baldy Man you have to show me how u got that awsome bleach thing :O i watched that show for a long time but lost interest after episode 1000000000i even saw the 1st episodes it just got too long is all

Baldymoint7 wrote:Thx to Adrix300 (banned) and Rang3ramhard For this Awesome sig (May the Almighty Walrus protect you!)
    Very Happy Offtopic!!!
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 11:30

lol looks like Ive been caught offtopic Razz
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 11:40

Honestly? im on ALOT (/me has no life) and the only mods i see active are liz, Ruly, str, and albuca, and thats because albuca was just promoted. and out of the admins, i see you (Jar), Yar, PC, And Krios on the most, and mostly its just here and there, and almost always only one of you.

there are plenty admins/mods in staff, but not all of them are active. (Gawd dammit i was tring to keep this topic from turning into a clone of ryks thread!! oh well...) so like i said, if we cant even know who griefed us when mods are not online, then there needs to always be at least 1 mod online. and the only way to do that is to either somehow force the unactive mods into being active, or get more mods.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-05-07, 11:58

Let's start with this:

When is there the supposed "no mod time"?
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-05-07, 12:00

You don't just "get more mods". If we need mods, and we don't have them, it's because we don't have good enough people. If we have good enough people and we don't promote them, it's because we don't need more mods.

Seriously, grief gets logged and fixed easily; what's the problem with waiting a couple of hours?
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-05-07, 12:04

PP, it's that there's almost always 2 or more people who require assistance when there's only 1-2 mods on. Not complaining, just stating my experience.

More mods = heightend security imo. I can thinnk of a few trustworthy people off the top of my head which I shan't name here.
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-07, 12:04

it is true, if your could clock check and not do anything about it... then it would just annoy you more, at least you know that the culprit will eventually be found when a mod does get online, i dis agree to the idea of allowing donators access to block check, mainly because i can see major flame wars starting if a donator knew who griefed his home...
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 12:13

@liz: there's no specific time, its just random, its anywhere in between 10 am CST and 1am CST that i notice it.

it mostly happens more closer to those to times but it happens anywhere in between.

@Imir: you make a good point, it would start flaming constantly.
    Imir31d
    Imir31d
    RP Moderator
    RP Moderator

Post by Imir31d 2011-05-07, 12:16

Orcworm wrote:I can't believe this has reached page 4 and is still on-topic, AND hasn't derived into a flame war.

someones a shit-stirring Razz

Orcworm, same rule apply do not feed the trolls, i also ask yhou to not encourage them either Razz

P.S. dont hurt me orc, i love your really Very Happy
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-05-07, 12:18

@Knight

Who are the regulars on during that timeframe? That's far too late for me.
    Pete
    Pete

Post by Pete 2011-05-07, 12:26

Yeah, but then again; there is no problem that needs instant solving... Everything can be checked through the logs...
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 12:28

Lizardman wrote:@Knight

Who are the regulars on during that timeframe? That's far too late for me.

mostly, for mods, str and albuca. and for admins all of them just kind of pop up randomly to me :/ sometimes its yar, sometimes its jar, iv been seeing krios the most lately tho.

EDIT: @Pete: it really depends on how bad the grief is, considering your not supposed to try to fix it at all without a mod, it can make getting supplies from your home very hard, and if the fill your house with some random block and you forget and /home you end up dieing.

yeah you can always wait, but the faster its fixed the less hardship on the Griefed
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-05-07, 12:35

I meant non-staff when the staff are not on.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 12:36

I agree with Knight and with Pete, its not a problem that needs instant solving but if we did have more mods, well theres nothing wrong with a few more trustworthy players with anti grief powers to beef up security ,overall convenience and happiness on the server.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 12:40

ah i c, um, the random guests youd expect, Jhubbz and slave some times,i think iv seen Grint on quite a bit at those times. cant really remember most of them off the top of my head... Scared
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-05-07, 12:42

'Sall good, meign.

Just trying to get more info about this elusive time period in which there are no authoritative figures.
    Krellyn
    Krellyn

Post by Krellyn 2011-05-07, 12:47

I think there should be a VETO type system for either all Members (giving the 'Member' title a purpose) or all Donators.

I don't know if VETO is as appropriate as "Vote Kick System."
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 12:49

dam why didnt i think of that, that would help
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-05-07, 12:51

wouldn't do squat against griefing cases. :S
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 12:54

What is VETO?
    Albuca
    Albuca
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Albuca 2011-05-07, 13:31

IMO, if no ones on, make a post on the forums and someone will get on it right quick.
    Things dont have to be instant (we do have lives), but some of us (me) get emails when someone posts in appeals or complaints.

-A
    Veritascapto

Post by Veritascapto 2011-05-07, 13:39

Lizardman wrote:'Sall good, meign.

Just trying to get more info about this elusive time period in which there are no authoritative figures.

I've been online many times during this time period and can confirm the lack of authority. I would even go as for as to say that this lack of authority starts as early as 9:00pm cst. While I respect this server this server and it's current administration, I would not mind a new mod or two to, "beefen," up security on this server.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 14:36

Veritascapto wrote:

I've been online many times during this time period and can confirm the lack of authority. I would even go as for as to say that this lack of authority starts as early as 9:00pm cst. While I respect this server this server and it's current administration, I would not mind a new mod or two to, "beefen," up security on this server.

YES! you were the one i was tryin to remember! thank you!

now im not crazy cuz its more than one person sayin it! =D

@Albuca: yeah, i know u guys have lives but by being a mod orcworm's part of that life, im not sayin u gotta be on 24/7 but it be nice if at least 1 mod was on at all times. as for the posting on the forums, thats true, theres always that. but for the people that dont have an account on the forums, they would have to sign up and all that just to report a grief, and imo you shouldn't have to do that if you dont want to. some people hate signing up for game server forums because they dont use them and its just another password/username they gotta remember/protect.
    Monstaboi
    Monstaboi

Post by Monstaboi 2011-05-07, 15:04

i can also honestly say donators should not have /ban, its pretty unnescary. kick would help with some spammers sometimes, but it would just end up abused.
    Ryoman
    Ryoman
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Ryoman 2011-05-07, 15:06

Thats why we need to find a way to keep it balanced, to avoid a bunch of flame wars, to avoid people getting banned cuz captain Nurpaderp feels like banning someone, to make things better without making them worse.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-05-07, 17:18

Kn16h7 wrote:
    Veritascapto wrote:

@Albuca: yeah, i know u guys have lives but by being a mod orcworm's part of that life, im not sayin u gotta be on 24/7 but it be nice if at least 1 mod was on at all times. as for the posting on the forums, thats true, theres always that. but for the people that dont have an account on the forums, they would have to sign up and all that just to report a grief, and imo you shouldn't have to do that if you dont want to. some people hate signing up for game server forums because they dont use them and its just another password/username they gotta remember/protect.

Heaven forbid they put forth an effort to report a problem. We're mods, not beckon-call boys. You think we're going to spoon-feed someone? If it's an inconvenience to sign up "just to report a grief", then obviously the grief doesn't bother them enough.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 17:25

Rulyon wrote:
    Kn16h7 wrote:
    Veritascapto wrote:

Heaven forbid they put forth an effort to report a problem. We're mods, not beckon-call boys. You think we're going to spoon-feed someone? If it's an inconvenience to sign up "just to report a grief", then obviously the grief doesn't bother them enough.

meh, im not speaking for myself there, but people out there a fucking LAZY! but you do have a point.
    PureCraft
    PureCraft

Post by PureCraft 2011-05-07, 19:30

Kn16h7 wrote: know u guys have lives but by being a mod orcworm's part of that life, im not sayin u gotta be on 24/7 but it be nice if at least 1 mod was on at all times. as for the posting on the forums, thats true, theres always that. but for the people that dont have an account on the forums, they would have to sign up and all that just to report a grief, and imo you shouldn't have to do that if you dont want to. some people hate signing up for game server forums because they dont use them and its just another password/username they gotta remember/protect.
    You dont want to know how often and long im on this freakin server! I need time for myself too bro, I cant afford my whole fucking life to Minecraft.
    Kn16h7
    Kn16h7
    Banned
    Banned

Post by Kn16h7 2011-05-07, 19:42

PureCraft wrote:
    Kn16h7 wrote: know u guys have lives but by being a mod orcworm's part of that life, im not sayin u gotta be on 24/7 but it be nice if at least 1 mod was on at all times. as for the posting on the forums, thats true, theres always that. but for the people that dont have an account on the forums, they would have to sign up and all that just to report a grief, and imo you shouldn't have to do that if you dont want to. some people hate signing up for game server forums because they dont use them and its just another password/username they gotta remember/protect.
    You dont want to know how often and long im on this freakin server! I need time for myself too bro, I cant afford my whole fucking life to Minecraft.
    i dont want YOU to be on 24/7, i already said that. im just wanting there to not be times where there's NO mod+ online AT ALL for about 2 hours at a time. and yes like its been said before, its not NEEDED, but it would be better for the server imo.

Last edited by Kn16h7 on 2011-05-07, 21:00; edited 1 time in total
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 20:44

Jarvisd wrote:If we do maybe we should think it out instead of yarwood picking arandom person he likes.

Bring back ban, kick commands for donators - Page 2 Warm_cup_STFU
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-05-07, 20:59

I haven't read all 6 pages yet but...

/kick /ban and the LogBlock-stick will almost certainly never be made available to the general public. We've tried this once and the following abuse/lag was horrendous.

Maybe and I stress maybe, if there's a good votekick-system then we might think about it. But until then: forget it.

Now back to reading this drivel.

Edit; Read it. Boy you guys are a bunch of whiners. Want more mods in some timezones? Fine, give some possible names either here or through PM. If they are trusted enough by us not to horribly fuck up then we can think about it. Then again it's bloody useless seeing as, as had been said before, you people are TOO LAZY TO REPORT.
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-05-07, 22:52

To me that was a final statement and I belive is the final answer everyone should read his post (FillerB).
    Yarwood
    In-Game Staff
    In-Game Staff

Post by Yarwood 2011-05-07, 23:18

Apparently I can't lock in this category. Can a Forum Mod, please do so? Very Happy
    Baldymoint7
    Baldymoint7

Post by Baldymoint7 2011-05-07, 23:24

Ahh you agree with me eh Yar? Or is this just pissing you off? nvm its going to be locked anyway.
    Lizardman
    Lizardman

Post by Lizardman 2011-05-07, 23:28

Giev us powr t0 lawk. :.:
    FillerB
    FillerB
    So long and thanks for all the fish!

Post by FillerB 2011-05-07, 23:35

Locked.
    Rulyon
    Rulyon
    Donator
    Donator

Post by Rulyon 2011-05-08, 03:47

Lizardman wrote:Giev us powr t0 lawk. :.:

Mods and Admin don't need power to lock forum threads outside of Complaints/Appeals. We have Forum Staff for a reason. Smile
    patrickfreed
    patrickfreed
    Forum Staff
    Forum Staff

Post by patrickfreed 2011-05-08, 04:34

Yeah! GTFO mah Propertay!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-05-21, 01:25